? servers

? players online

"Beta" event

• Content Count:  267

So I was sitting around the other day and this idea for a TTT event popped into my head which I'm dubbing the "beta event". i want to immediately disclaim that the idea of this event isn't to have a super fun event that boosts population but rather this event, if a star or two align, could be a great community building event for TTT, let me explain...

The basic premise of the event is to add items to the buy menus that SMs are considering to add to the server, and or change the prices or effects of some already existing items. For example I've heard some amount of talk about adding the parachute, and let's say creten decides he wants to try putting matchbox back on the T menu (you know you miss it) and also wants to try changing how the c4 explosion works, maybe make the blast a lot smaller but have it do damage through walls. now these examples not suggestions but I hope you get the idea; testing items and changes.

This testing of possible new changes could, if done right, build more of a connection between SMs and regs seeing as the event gives regs an easy way to give feedback on new items and changes, whether in game or in reply to the event thread, and also could make players feel like they have a say in a future of the server seeing as the event is literally an ask for feedback.

That being said there are some clear reasons this "beta event" idea wouldn't work. I have never been an SM but I think it'd be fair to say that it's not everyday that they have 3+ changes/items they are considering to add. And even if they do have enough ideas it doesn't mean that they should go through the trouble of running an event to test them, you could just add them straight in and wait for feedback.

And while I think it's fair that you logically don't need to run an event like this that doesn't mean it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Like I said before, it could greatly increase a feeling that regs can have a say in what's happening, and make a better connection between the regs and the staff.

Now obviously those aren't the only problems and the only benefits that could from this event,  but I hope I've given enough here for you to understand rhe concept and why it could be a fantastic community building event.

Edited by oSen

• Content Count:  587

This post 110% got left in the dust, I apologize for that. This event most likely wouldn't happen just cause we don't always have that many things we plan to add at once, but we are more likely to incorporate an unreleased [anything] in an event or something along the lines of that as a trial run to see how it goes instead of designating an event to it unless it's a really big change, in which case it could go on a case by case basis

• Like 2

Reply to Thread