? servers

? players online

State of the community

• Content Count:  3150

1 minute ago, All Ts said:

Playing on the server should be bare minimum if people care. It should literally come before anything else. I don't even mildly understand this viewpoint and would love to see you try to substantiate it. When will anyone log on if the people who care most, don't. You can't just create servers, even if they're great and expect people to just play them. This 100% goes back to the first post I made and standards being way too low. Honestly, I've seen some amazing albeit empty CS:GO servers that pushed the envelope. SG could easily operate on 1 dedi so while his post about removing individual servers it still makes perfect sense in my mind and is a perfectly valid question.

Lastly I feel like your posts and attitude about all of this comes off really dismissive and aggressive for no reason. I think you should leave all the posts up unless they're explicitly breaking rules and if you think they're dogshit useless then you don't have to act on them, you really don't even need to respond to them. You responded to me super aggressively & accusatory. I then responded to you addressing the legitimate content of your post. It's jarring that both myself and delirium, who see eye to eye on virtually nothing said the exact same thing almost verbatim. I don't know why you have to make a thread of people making suggestions into a pissing contest where you pick through there posts & respond passive aggressive or straight delete them. 

I really don't care man. I find your opinion completely useless here and I'm busy trying to actually introduce things that will address the majority of complaints listed by virtually everyone but you, and you keep quoting me in what is now turning into the same ol thread.

• Content Count:  660

9 minutes ago, thuxys said:

We need to give legends some type of perm in order for them to want to play on the servers? Something about that doesn't sound right Jake. I remember Xeno coming back very briefly because he found out he didn't have perms anymore, applied for admin, got it, and he never came back again. I'm not saying all legends would do what he did but having perms doesn't really affect anything.

You guys need to suck peoples dicks if you have to bro lmao. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1421

Not going to write an essay nor am I going to respond to anyone who decides to drop an essay about my post js! 

The higher ups of this community have always been and will continue to be a problem in this community as long as they see their job as just "management". People who do not do anything outside of "management" (telling volunteers what they can and can't do despite not helping do anything) will never work in any capacity and will always lead to useful people leaving and passion being lost. The people at the top of a community must at almost all times be an active part of the community and do something other than management or else you will inevitably come to a negative outcome since the people carrying the community are not the ones in charge, which stifles progression and limits changes that need to be made.

There is and always has been a very strong copium going around in the higher up echo chamber about this topic (coming from a former AO which was server manager and IA combined), and as you can see in this thread when people request change it is seen as them "hating" and then posts get deleted about it, honestly just not a great way to do things. I get that its hard to have a lot of passion for something, work hard on it, work your way up the ranks, and then realize you've lost passion. However, if you guys can't overcome your own mental blocks on this and realize the torch needs to be passed then again these problems will always exist. 

• Like 15

• Content Count:  3150

As much as I respect some of the old dogs trying to come kick the BDs in the teeth and bring up old shit while eluding to the fact that they simply don't like how things are run, there is nothing new here. Same few people that have been doing it for the last 3-5 years and whether you like it or not the BDs don't have time for it if you actually care about this place and want us to work on exactly what the problems have been for the last 6 months. I'd say if you don't like how it's being run you should leave and start your own community, but some of you have already done that.

This thread has gone from true suggestions from @Dominic, which I wholeheartedly respect and as I said before already have on my list or have now jotted down...to something unproductive.

Look for a thread detailing almost everything here and a whole lot more coming today and changes related to that thread coming in the next week following it up accordingly.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread