? servers

? players online

Jail Break Rule Discussion/Suggestions/Comments

• Content Count:  2589

Can we clarify on baiting rules? or it's just gonna stay how it is?

Personally i prefer the way BoM described it and the majority of people on the server think that that's the meaning. If a CT is purposely putting himself in situations that inevitably lead to his death (rushing into iso with the Ts) it should be considered baiting. On that same note, players should also realize that killing that CT still makes them fair game to KOS and it's not Freekilling if another CT kills them. My initial understanding was it's not okay for a CT to bait, but just because he does, doesn't give you the right to kill him.

I'd like to see the rule changed to that.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2262

Personally i prefer the way BoM described it and the majority of people on the server think that that's the meaning. If a CT is purposely putting himself in situations that inevitably lead to his death (rushing into iso with the Ts) it should be considered baiting. On that same note, players should also realize that killing that CT still makes them fair game to KOS and it's not Freekilling if another CT kills them. My initial understanding was it's not okay for a CT to bait, but just because he does, doesn't give you the right to kill him.

I'd like to see the rule changed to that.

agreed, and can we add the rules about which area is kos (also define catwalk)?

Edited by BlackWhite

• Content Count:  2589

So are we gonna discuss changing the baiting rule or what? Or is it currently being discussed in a higher up section?

Seems that the majority (90+%) of the server, as well as the majority of admins prefer and believe the way BoM described baiting, is what the rule should be/is.

Last I checked it was defined simply as "when a CT walks into a T who is already actively knifing".

For clarification, this is the way BoM described it:

That is wrong, so let me explain:

502b5600d84ca9b61fd7faaea55c6da6.png

Baiting is basically doing something that a CT would never do if they're actually trying to stay alive, therefore being A. Stupid or B. Intentionally taunting (AKA BAITING) the Ts.

This can include:

-Standing on a Ts head

-Putting your back to a group of Ts(EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT KNIFING)

-Running through a condensed group of Ts, i.e. there is no possible way you would make it through there without getting knifed.

-sitting in a doorway near Ts (like in the kitchen doorway in razor), without a purpose

-The obvious running into a T while you're knifing.

As I've said on handling rules like this in the past, it comes down to admin discretion and includes a lot of gray area. There are cases where the CT might just be stupid, and not realize they're about to die with what they're doing. There are also cases where you know this person plays CT a lot and well, and then is suddenly walking back first into a group of Ts in lets say isolation. If the situation that the CT is putting themselves in makes no logical sense, and is clearly just to taunt the terrorists, then you are baiting them. It really is in the definition of the word, but apparently that has been forgotten over time. Now a CT doing this once, should not warrant a reaction from admins, but someone who is frequently taunting CTs should be punished accordingly.

If you guys disagree with this, I'd like to hear why to be honest. Blatantly taunting the terrorists is pretty rude and doesn't really lead to your objective. The main objective of the CTs is not to kill everyone, because you win at the end of the round as long as you're alive. The goal is to keep order and stay alive, which is the complete opposite of what your'e doing if you're wasting your time baiting.

Not only is that a far better rule, but it is what everyone playing already thinks it is.

• Content Count:  3462

So are we gonna discuss changing the baiting rule or what? Or is it currently being discussed in a higher up section?

Seems that the majority (90+%) of the server, as well as the majority of admins prefer and believe the way BoM described baiting, is what the rule should be/is.

Last I checked it was defined simply as "when a CT walks into a T who is already actively knifing".

For clarification, this is the way BoM described it:

Not only is that a far better rule, but it is what everyone playing already thinks it is.

I mean to be fully honest, if that's the way people are playing, then fine. I really don't care how you guys intend to look at baiting, it was always a judgemental rule but at one point somd people wanted me and a few others to go all out fixing already fine rules because they were 'too implied.'

Like really now, do you guys actually need for me to state fully what bom said as baiting if the server seems to already have that handled? I had a feeling from the start people were always going by that rule, and that's completely fine since that's what it always was. (I'm just being a shitter who never really took the time to actually fix it in rules posts, !rules, etc.)

The baiting written now is written as another form of baiting that needed to be stated since it's kind of a different from others. This also prevents the whole 'Oh you hugged me so I can knife you now and get away with it' argument.

The baiting that I didn't write (it's possible I said at one point this didn't exist being the dumb shit I can be at times) was always implied, since that's literally the definition of the word.

I've been kind of ignoring the baiting comments since it seemed like the people in the server goes by both ways already fine, which like I said, made me think having that part as implied be ok with me.

Sorry for the abandonment of that, didn't realize I probably never actually stated that the 2nd part can basically be an implied rule. Sorry for all confusion and the rule fuckery I've been causing in my time as AO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  989

Can someone clear up of whether blatant rebelling is kill able or not. For example say the orders were go to somewhere like isolation, and you see a T nowhere near it. Can you kill them for obviously trying to find a way to rebel or give warning shots?

• Content Count:  3462

Can someone clear up of whether blatant rebelling is kill able or not. For example say the orders were go to somewhere like isolation, and you see a T nowhere near it. Can you kill them for obviously trying to find a way to rebel or give warning shots?

When exactly do you mean by this? Like after a few secs of order or like 2 minutes into the round?

If a few secs after then that always depends on the situation, if someone is running in the other direction of let's say pool, I try to figure out if they know what they're doing or not. Usually I would just give a warning shot and tell them to go back, but if they keep running (after you say that) then by all means kill them. They will either in the end be foiled of their rebelling plan or understand now what they did wrong if they are new to the gamemode.

If a few minutes in then sure, kill them. I'm usually that nice guy who let's them have a second chance...

...then gets killed by them later

• Content Count:  989

When exactly do you mean by this? Like after a few secs of order or like 2 minutes into the round?

If a few secs after then that always depends on the situation, if someone is running in the other direction of let's say pool, I try to figure out if they know what they're doing or not. Usually I would just give a warning shot and tell them to go back, but if they keep running (after you say that) then by all means kill them. They will either in the end be foiled of their rebelling plan or understand now what they did wrong if they are new to the gamemode.

If a few minutes in then sure, kill them. I'm usually that nice guy who let's them have a second chance...

...then gets killed by them later

I'm not talking about few seconds, I've killed someone for being in the complete wrong place after maybe a whole minute since the order was given, and I was warned by an admin to give warning shots. I didn't say anything due to the fact I didn't want to argue with anyone. I just console killed myself and left it at that. I've seen other people do the same thing, and not be warned. I just want to know because some of the admins differ on this and I'd just like to know whether I can/can not do this.

You get killed by them because you're bad scrub.

Edited by Ayjin
Because I'm #1 Ct, Top Fragger. 1v1 me m8.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.