? servers

? players online

New Moderation & Auto Moderation System

• Content Count:  1952

If you have not already heard, I am currently working with the CA+ on revamping our discord and something that is obviously in the works at the moment is a new moderation system along with an auto moderation system. This is still all subject to change however this is currently how I envision it below with the tools we have at the moment.

Moderation:
- If you get muted, it only lasts 30 Minutes every time

- Pretty relaxed, not much moderation from our end unless IAO+ want to deal with any problems auto moderation does not catch

- Bans usually coming from permanent bans on the server/forums/etc. or case by case if you rack up enough mutes

Auto Moderation:

- Nickname checker
- Blacklisted words (slurs & other "buzz" words)
- Blacklisted links

- Anti-Advertisements

- Anti-spam/caps

- Every 5 strikes = 30 Minute Mute
- Autoban System: Bad Links, Mass Mention

How it could be seen in the future however not possible at the moment:

Spoiler

Combination of Auto-Moderation & Moderation: Punishments are based on your cumulative total of unexpired points. Points last 1 week per point. (i.e. 1 point will expire in 1 week. 5 Points will expire all at once in 5 weeks.)

• 1 Point: Just a warning

• 5 Points: 10-minute mute

• 10 Points: 30-minute mute

• 15 Points: 1-hour mute

• 20 Points: 12-hour mute

• 25 Points: BANNED

• 1 POINT: Low severity: Not using a channel properly, posting derogatory terms/slurs, attempting to bypass filters/automod, inappropriate nickname, username, avatar, or status, consistent spam or useless messages just be annoying, discussing hacks or bans, anything the staff reasonably feels deserves a warning, etc.

•  5 POINTS: Medium severity: Repeated violation of a Low Severity point(s) offense or verbal warning, Mild NSFW topics/discussions or light NSFW imagery, Impersonating another user, publicly accusing other players of something, trying to start drama or toxic behavior, anything the staff feels deserves these amount of points.

• 10 POINTS: High severity: Repeated violation of a Medium/Low Severity point(s) offense or verbal warning, excessive NSFW topics/discussions or mild NSFW imagery, excessive toxicity or harassment, constant complaining over staff decisions, extremely offensive or controversial topics, anything the staff feels deserves these amount of points.

• 25 POINTS: Extreme severity: Blatant trolling, general harassment, excessive drama & toxicity despite warnings, sending server-invite links through direct messages, extremely explicit/NSFW imagery, excessive spam with malicious intent, raiding the server, using an alternate account to avoid punishment, breaking Discord ToS, dox, DDoS, or death threats, anything the higher staff feel deserve a ban.

You can comment however you feel about this as all of this has not even been discussed with higher staff. The entire system inside the spoiler is something I will talk about at a later time however that is not possible at the moment.

• Like 12
Edited by Noxstar

3 minutes ago, Amazing said:

If/when this does happen can you tell us the limit for Mass Mentioning because like i’m trying to tell the boys to get on among us not get banned/muted or having Dyno delete the message.

Currently, it is set to 10 mentions = immediate ban however it's kind of broken at the moment. Our discord has some messed up permissions so some things are broken and "if" it happens, I (or whoever is going to announce it) will try to provide as much information as possible in order to keep everyone clear of what is okay / not okay.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Benzene said:

So if I get a message deleted by Dyno because I used too many caps, or whatever stuff it's set to, does that mean I get a point?

Pretty much, however I've been thinking about what should be counted as a point or not. I'm using two bots but they both have different strike systems/auto moderations so it's difficult to really utilize both.

Edited by Noxstar

18 minutes ago, Snatch_Tee said:

@Noxstarghost ping ghost ping ghost ping ghost ping ghost ping ghost ping ghost ping ghost ping.

help

The only thing we have atm is if you’re CA+, you can see ghost pings. I know a different community where a bot just dms you what you got ghost pinged no matter who you are but it’s a small thing I’m not too worried about.

• Content Count:  409

On 9/12/2020 at 9:41 PM, Noxstar said:

Pretty much, however I've been thinking about what should be counted as a point or not. I'm using two bots but they both have different strike systems/auto moderations so it's difficult to really utilize both.

if you guys do plan on going through with this, would you guys be open to adjusting what specifically makes the bot delete messages(example: the amount of caps used, etc.) atm it seems like typing just a couple words in caps will get your entire message deleted.

3 minutes ago, Rygor said:

if you guys do plan on going through with this, would you guys be open to adjusting what specifically makes the bot delete messages(example: the amount of caps used, etc.) atm it seems like typing just a couple words in caps will get your entire message deleted.

It’s percentage based caps and I think it’s currently at 70% as in if 70% of your letters are capitalized, your message gets deleted. I’d be open to push it higher. I am actually working on some sort of system where if you get Regular rank, you can bypass the automoderation restrictions. If you seem to be breaking rules consistently, you will be auto-moderated again and it will be hard to get un-automodded. It’s all experimental so I’m seeing what could work/seems to work for others, etc.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread