? servers

? players online

RTV Freedays

• Content Count:  4441

Would it be possible to cover this in the rules to prevent this from happening, it's a bit shit that 1 CT can skew the vote in a huge way and vote away maps that people had just voted for. No one forces players to RTV so it's not quite considered a chat order via the current threads however I think this is how admins of the past would discourage this kind of behavior. I think what actually may of happened is through multiple renditions of the rules this was accidentally or purposefully written out whether through a slight change in wording or the latter. 

Lately I've been seeing people using it too much and as is the nature of the server for some reason later generations of players keep finding new ways to fuck things up that require solutions. Interested whether people think this is enough of an issue to respecify it in the rules or that it's a useful tool for players to expedite a shit map from killing player population. On some level it must lean either way. I see an argument for both and while this obviously isn't a massive issue I think from what I've seen there's room for improvement.  

• Like 8
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  331

I don't personally see this as a problem. If the server generally dislikes the map that they're playing on it would make sense to give an order like this because most of the lobby would benefit from it. Even most players didn't want to change they aren't FORCED to rtv so the map wouldn't change. The only time I could see these types of orders being a problem is when CTs enforce this as a genuine order and kill Ts for not doing it (but that never really happens so its not that big of a concern). So long as the players have been in the map for a solid few rounds and all agree that they dislike the map there shouldn't be a problem with giving Ts freedays for RTVing. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  262

I personally don't see this as an issue as the cts aren't forcing the ts to rtv. they are simply asking them to rtv if they want a freeday which imo is totally fine. If the majority of the people dislike the map they are going to rtv anyway right?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Just to broadly respond to some of the posts here: 

The issue isn’t that anyone is being forced to do anything but that it is skewing the vote. It’s also just incredibly strange for CTs to give a freeday so that the map will get changed... That doesn’t feel like they’re playing the game as it was meant.

The exact same argument some of you guys are making for it can be make against it. Here look: If people want the map to change, they’ll vote for the map to change. They’re obviously giving incentive for a reason, because otherwise people wouldn’t vote the map off. 

I do agree though, it’s not a huge issue it’s just a minor rule change I think we should do. 

• Like 1

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.