? servers

? players online

New Graphics Card

• Content Count:  311

ik this has been said by everyone at this point but go get a new mb that uses ddr4 before doing anymore upgrades to ur pc and once you do that personally I recommend any geforce 20 series gpu as that's what I use on my 3d modeling pc but that's just what I feel would be good for you since u want to push csgo to high with over 120fps 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1329

you didn't mention a budget. i own a 6900XT. really good card for the price point IMO. would recommend a whole new build around DDR4/DDR5. intel or AMD, either is a good option nowadays. post your budget and someone here could help you.

• Like 1
Edited by McBride
said ryzen instead of AMD

• Content Count:  5674

Really appreciate everyone’s help, saved me a lot of trouble. Been thinking on it, if I did build a whole new computer (which I think I have to at this point), my budget would probably be like $3000. If anyone is willing to help pick some parts, that’d be stellar, hopefully that’s okay for a max price. 

By the way I do see some people already made some suggestions, I appreciate it. Just haven’t been around my computer and wanted to give a budget since some people asked. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2206

2 hours ago, Dominic said:

Really appreciate everyone’s help, saved me a lot of trouble. Been thinking on it, if I did build a whole new computer (which I think I have to at this point), my budget would probably be like $3000. If anyone is willing to help pick some parts, that’d be stellar, hopefully that’s okay for a max price. 

By the way I do see some people already made some suggestions, I appreciate it. Just haven’t been around my computer and wanted to give a budget since some people asked. 

Do you prefer prebuilt or would you be assembling the pc?

• Content Count:  1253

Don't buy a Skytech Prebuilt PC there are surprisingly IBuyPower PCs that have a better part for money ratio. With a crazy budget like that you should just build your own tbh and use the money for a new monitor or something, as you probably don't have a good one if that is your PC.

• Content Count:  2283

On 12/26/2022 at 1:49 PM, Dominic said:

Nowdays, unless you enjoy putting together PC's or want to do some cool customization, it's almost always more time efficient to buy a prebuilt from a good reputable company. 

I think a year ago when I ran the prices, I was only saving around $200-$300 bucks building it myself compared to buying a prebuilt. I'm terrible at cable management, so I opted to pay for the convenience and nicely sorted cables. 

You can get a 3070 with 32gb DDR5 ram(which is overkill unless you love running 100 Chrome tabs like me), a i9 10900KF processor for around 2k nowadays. https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-3070-Core-12900KF-5-2Ghz/dp/B0B5HKXYQT/ref=sr_1_20?crid=2KW3ZWEFVGB9E&keywords=cpu+solutions+gaming+pc&qid=1672349391&sprefix=cpu+solutions+gaming+pc%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-20&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.ac578592-0362-4e0a-958c-0f2dd61d30d4#customerReviews

I've bought 2 PC's from the CPU solutions and have had a solid experience. My wife is still using the older one I had that had a 1060 in it. I had one problem with them due to the motherboard shorting out in the first year, but they replaced that for me at no charge since it was still under warranty. You get a 1 year warranty and can buy a + 2 year warranty plan if you just want to make sure.

Their website is here: https://www.cpusolutions.com/store/pc/showsearchresults.asp?incSale=0&IDSale=0&ProdSort=&PageStyle=h&customfield=0&SearchValues=&exact=0&keyword=&priceFrom=1500&priceUntil=9999999&idCategory=183&IdSupplier=&withStock=&IDBrand=0&SKU=&order=3&SFID=&SFNAME=&SFVID=&SFVALUE=&SFCount=

But I bought mine through amazon since I could use an amazon payment plan to pay it off over the next 12 months. Just search cpu solutions on Amazon

The CPU comes packaged out to the brim with foam pads in the interior, really secure shipping from my point of view, just make sure to remove it before turning on. Also double check connections to make sure they're totally secure.

Reviews on seller here: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/CPU_Solutions

You can also get a 4080 for around the 3k price-point,https://www.cpusolutions.com/store/pc/Custom-RTX4080-Gaming-PC-Intel-Core-i7-12700K-12-Core-to-5-0GHz-1000GB-m-2-NVMe-SSD-32GB-DDR5-RAM-Windows-11-183p6798.htm

but I'm happy with my 3080 TI as of now (which costed 2800 for the whole pre-built a year ago when 3080TI's were not able to be purchased due to shortages)

Edited by Lucid

• Content Count:  1329

honestly I'd also watch some gamernexus videos on prebuilts. I dont trust most prebuilts airflow designs. pcpartpicker.com is a good website to use when building (DIY) your PC. what do you plan to use the PC for? if gaming then building around a 5800X3D is a good option (AMD fanboy here).

I'm not up to speed on intel's newest stuff since i dont follow team blue too often anymore but i do know the 13 series is a good option as well.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nKpnBj

its overkill but ehh its under budget. there are probably areas for improvement in this build and you'll need case fans.

Edited by McBride

Reply to Thread