? servers

? players online

Can we add crummycradle to the server?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be up for crummycraddle on gmod TTT?

• yes
    • no

Can we add crummycradle to the server?

• Content Count:  4198

This would probably be better off in the map suggestions section, but Crummycradle is one of the few maps we're going to have to say no to. "Rooftop" style maps always have to contend with a number of gameplay issues that devolve the gameplay experience into deathmatching.

The floating platforms in the sky gimmick makes identifying bodies incredibly difficult/time consuming if a traitor simply tosses them over the railings. The huge open nature of the map also pigeon-holes traitors into using scouts in order to be properly effective, and leaves little room for deceit and stealth beyond that.

That's not to mention the bread machine which, while humourous, just results in innocents messing around and inadvertently helping traitors.

As much as I may appreciate the nostalgia that comes with the map, it doesn't really (and arguably never did) stand the test of time.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1116

2 hours ago, jazzy said:

Can you at least put it on the server but not on the nominate/vote list so we can play it once and a while

We could possibly have "shitty map sundays" or something for it sure

• Content Count:  3462

It's nice for a nostalgic moment, but is pretty underutilized by most players. Maybe different player bases make this map better, but nobody ever went to the ground level, despite having the water + the jump off at spawn that's not hard to hit for experienced players. Most people just camp bread room then get bored after a couple rounds of spamming it. Could just be me but I don't think this was ever good lol

• Like 1
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  2001

On 1/15/2023 at 5:13 PM, Elfbarf said:

We could possibly have "shitty map sundays" or something for it sure

Sounds like a good idea, just like an hour or two long event every Sunday. 

• Content Count:  1583

18 hours ago, Nuclear Onion said:

It's nice for a nostalgic moment, but is pretty underutilized by most players. Maybe different player bases make this map better, but nobody ever went to the ground level, despite having the water + the jump off at spawn that's not hard to hit for experienced players. Most people just camp bread room then get bored after a couple rounds of spamming it. Could just be me but I don't think this was ever good lol

On CS, a lot of people did end up taking the ladders or water down but maybe an easier and more efficient way up would make the map more bearable 

• Content Count:  3462

4 hours ago, Gentoo said:

On CS, a lot of people did end up taking the ladders or water down but maybe an easier and more efficient way up would make the map more bearable 

I don't know, it may still cause delays despite easier access so meh 

Reply to Thread