? servers

? players online

Vinyl Records

• Content Count:  2694

I recently got into vinyl records. I bought a limited to 500 vinyl only release from one of my favorite artists recently and it got me into it. Ended up buying a decent entry level record player and some decent speakers. So far I have been having a blast going to various record stores and spending hours browsing through records. It is the happiest I've been in a while and I'm glad I got into this. So far these records are what I have:

8Ball & MJG - Get Low

Andrew Gold - Andrew Gold

Boldy James - Adu

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

Humble Pie - Town and Country

Japanese Breakfast - Soft Sounds From Another Planet

Jimi Hendrix - Smash Hits

Kanye West - Late Registration

Kikagaku Moyo - House In The Tall Grass

Mac Miller - Macadelic

Ryo Fukui - Scenery

The Chambers Brothers - The Time Has Come

Tommy James and the Shondells - Cellophane Symphony

Various Dollar Bin Albums I Have Yet To Go Through

Next Purchases:

BADBADNOTGOOD - IV

BADBADNOTGOOD - Talk Memory

BADBADNOTGOOD & Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul

Beach House - Bloom

Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me

Daft Punk - Discovery

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - Duke Ellington & John Coltrane

Frank Ocean - Blond

Forth Wanderers - Forth Wanderers

Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media - Head Rock

Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media - Funky Stuff

John Coltrane - Blue Train

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Mac Miller - Swimming

I've been trying to tell myself to only buy my absolute favorite albums for now because I am already a couple hundred dollars deep in buying vinyls. My favorite listens so far are Random Access Memories by Daft Punk and Jimi Hendrix. I'm still waiting on the Japanese Breakfast and Ryo Fukui vinyls to come in. They're both some of my favorites of all time. I was getting ready to buy MBDTF the other night but I read some things about how all the pressings for them aren't that great and it sounds like shit. But I might buy it anyways. Also really want to buy Bloom by Beach House because it is my favorite album but I don't want to spend $90 on it. It periodically gets repressed so I will wait. I might buy Forth Wanderers by Forth Wanderers tonight because it is relatively well priced for a small indie band. They're local and have become one of my favorite bands recently. I'm pissed I missed out on the Blond represses from a couple weeks ago. I'll buy it when the time is right :)

Anyone else into vinyls? What do you guys recommend? I'm into blues, jazz, electronic music, and really anything I guess haha. I would love to buy some more electronic vinyls. Random Access Memories is mixed so amazingly. 

tnUZc5k.jpg

• Like 7
Edited by John

• Content Count:  283

I was massively into vinyls just before the peak of covid. i looked into it heavily and was gonna spend a lot on a record player and records but the prices increased a lot which unfortunately stopped my plans. im planning on buying everything soon since it has been something i wanted to do for awhile. 

3 hours ago, John said:

BADBADNOTGOOD - IV

love this album 

3 hours ago, John said:

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Mac Miller - Swimming

both of these albums sound amazing and look amazing which I love

Thriller by Michael Jackson is one I love listening to at friends places and would recommend if you like his music 

Mm.. Food by DOOM is one of my favorite looking cover arts and the vinyl records come in a different color if thats something you might care about. just a fun listen in general too 

• Content Count:  2694

Two of my favorite albums of all time came in a week earlier than expected. Both sound great.

Japanese Breakfast - Soft Sounds From Another Planet

Ryo Fukui - Scenery

Also, the white vinyl is one I picked up from the dollar bin hip hop section. Had no idea what it was going to be but it turns out its a nice trance dance album. It's really fun to listen to and I've been listening to it while studying lol. It's Freeky Speed by Slab.

20230124_132010.jpg

• Like 1
Edited by John

Reply to Thread