? servers

? players online

Let there be Warden?

• Content Count:  1583

I'd rather see the server switch to 1 megamap, hells-gamers style. At this point you'd be throwing out the servers entire identity for as long as it's been around and starting from scratch with no population to help guide you. Would literally just be any other JB server unless you guys have some grand idea of how you would differentiate yourselves.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  99

I could see arguments made for this back when JB has very consistent high pop however with how the server is lookin it just sounds like an unnecessary addition. If there is not enough people to trigger FO, there is very rarely guards talking over each other and if enough players are on, enabling FO, then that is what the command's intended use is. With all the changes made to FO I don't see a need for warden.

• Content Count:  890

Only good thing about a warden is attracting power hungry kids, but I would make any change for there to be a consistent player base. I know warden wasn't a popular thing in the past but if its something that will attract players I don't see why not.

For right now though I don't see there being any point in us having one, as @DabOfGravysaid, there is hardly anyone online right now so a warden at this stage of the server would be pointless, but we shouldn't throw it out the window all together.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  238

13 hours ago, Zero Two said:

So this topic has been floated around a bit these past few months and I want to know what you guys think/feel about us adding a warden system to jailbreak.

Ah Yes, lets unban DalerJon aswell.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5678

For years, we reaped the benefits of having our own 'identity' as a Jailbreak server with no warden. Still, there were many successful Jailbreak servers in the US, and we probably easily could've survived with a warden system, but it worked for us. While we were doing great, EGO was doing even better, with Tango, Swoobles, Hells Gamers, etc. all also having successful servers. Nowadays, there is legitimately only one populated Jailbreak server, and that's EGO. EGO has a full-fledged warden system, and is pretty much a polar opposite to our deathmatch style server.

So, what does this tell us? Well, we can safely assume that the demand for Jailbreak still exists, right? EGO's Jailbreak server is insanely popular, so think about when someone gets banned, gets bullied off the server, can't get in because it's full.. they're going to look for something different, but similar. But someone going from EGO's very organized and unchaotic server to our what sometimes feels like literal DM server, it's fair to assume they might not enjoy themselves. And the fact of the matter is, we need to try to appease new people, because that's what we're looking to get.

Now yes, I would love to appease what's left of our current regulars, but how can you possibly sit here and say there's no reason to enact a change like this? The server has been dead for months on end. There is legitimately, at this point, no way to justify retaining virtually any part of our 'identity'. It doesn't work for us anymore. The proof is slapping you in the face. If we add a warden and all of our current regulars refuse to play anymore, what actually happens? The server is still right where it was before. I know this sounds harsh, but everyone needs to face the reality.

The funny part is, my biases push me in the other direction. I first joined SG Jailbreak in September of 2015 and I've played our server for hours on end for years, not having a warden is way, way better in my opinion. But you have to ask yourself what the worst case scenario is. How much worse could it possibly get? If we add a warden, the worst case is nothing gets better, no harm done. The best case is that we scoop up population from EGO and residual players from old Jailbreak servers + pique some interest in our old regulars to come back and give SG a try again.

I wholeheartedly encourage people to come forward with rebuttals, but there has to be more justification for keeping the norm than just the desire to keep the norm.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  971

I feel like I'm generally pretty stubborn when it comes to the way I think the rules should be.

That being said Dominic brought up some great points and pretty much changed my mind. He's right, we can't have sacred cows anymore. Our way doesn't work. I still also agree that no warden is better, but I'd rather have an inferior rule set on a populated server.

Let's try it.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread