? servers

? players online

Flavor of the Month [FOTM] Suggestions

• Content Count:  1051

So since there seemed to be a lot of interest in this per Jazzy's post I wanted to gather info. I would like suggestions for possible candidates for FOTM games. Pretty much something we could setup and have for a month or two as little events. All opinions and suggestions are appreciated as this will probably determine what I do.

This is what I have so far:

• Minecraft
  • Rust
  • Gmod 
  • Ark
  • Terraria
  • TF2

Can really be any game or idea, just want input.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

Could be wrong but I think you misinterpreted what he meant.

FotM as in like what is popular within the gaming community as a whole, not a poll of what the remaining population wants to play here. the idea is to use the popular games to bring members back to the discord/forums from those games and reinstate a pipeline of fresh blood.

• Content Count:  1051

7 minutes ago, delirium said:

Could be wrong but I think you misinterpreted what he meant.

FotM as in like what is popular within the gaming community as a whole, not a poll of what the remaining population wants to play here. the idea is to use the popular games to bring members back to the discord/forums from those games and reinstate a pipeline of fresh blood.

I understand what you are saying for the most part, but do you mean hosting servers or no? Most new games don't have a way to have a "server" so I'm just curious what would be the best way to do this. Also for the first one I am more just testing the waters so I wanted to make sure it was something that the community would play/be involved in too.

• Content Count:  84

I was thinking the same thing when this was brought up on the other post. Most of the popular games right now do not have the ability to host your own servers. Out of the top 25 categories in twitch I believe there are only 3 games that allow community hosting atm. GTA 5, CSGO, and MC. Not much you can do tbh, just where the video games industry is increasingly heading towards now. It is what it is.

• Content Count:  2167

allegedly battlebit will have dedi server binaries soon(tm), if the people who were playing a month ago are still interested that could be something to look at

otherwise this last month has kind of been just baldur's gate 3 and soon starfield, im not sure itll be the best time to pop something

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5377

On 9/1/2023 at 8:39 PM, Karma said:

I understand what you are saying for the most part, but do you mean hosting servers or no? Most new games don't have a way to have a "server" so I'm just curious what would be the best way to do this.

That's the part that the people who want the community to grow needs to figure out. How do you make steam-gamers the main chill spot for multiple groups of friends again when its much harder in 2023 to keep people from just playing games with their friends outside of a community while not having to deal with the drama or people you may not get along with.

This is what I was talking about in Jazzy's post. You need charismatic people that are willing to basically pull people from other games and try and get them to join discord and stick around. How do you incentivize someone like Extreme or Hawks to basically sell the entirety of their free time to basically being a community appointed friend who just sits in SG's discord and maintains friendships with a bunch of people that they may not even necessarily like in order to grow again. If you can figure that out, step two would be figuring out how to corral the idiots who actively make any sort of VC or initiatives taken here a million times more difficult due to their need for attention. 

If I had to vote for any of these game I would say rust because it's popping off on youtube again after a bunch of the recent updates. With that being said I wouldn't be willing to commit time to bootstrapping a rust server that would only be around for a month. In addition to that without massive seeding efforts, or a partnership with a content creator, dead server will more than likely stay dead.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread