? servers

? players online

The Start of CS2 for SteamGamers!

• Content Count:  2167

On 2/26/2024 at 4:11 PM, Vy said:

Has the community completely given up on ZE?

On 2/28/2024 at 4:28 PM, Darnias said:

Barring the CN servers the only USA server populated is GFL because GFL has developers actively working on CS2Fixes which is basically 40% ZE plugin 60% QoL/bug fix/etc. Credit where credit is due GFL has invested colossal time and effort to try and make ZE work in CS2 but the reality is the game is massively broken, basically 80% of all csgo maps remain in an unported or ported in broken state. Many maps remain unbeatable especially the more complicated ones. Frostdrake was finally beat like a week ago after having been out for 2+ months though I think the boss fight has consistently had issues. tracktrain still suffers from issues depending on how complicated it is built in the map.

Not trying to sound pessimistic about it but it's in a tough state even on GFL with the amount of herculean effort they've put in. It does not feel super great to play and lacks a lot of quality of life CSS/CSGO had.

Don't want to say ZE would ever be out of the question, we do technically have a server up for it, but I personally feel the capacity for me to play would be based solely on the idea of a specific event to try and beat some maps and sweat hard. Casually the map pool at this point is pretty basic.

Before CS2 dropped we had a ZE server and tried to make effort into seeding but it didn't go very far. Post CS2 we had a test server a few times but it suffered from crazy amounts of client crashes.

It does not help the frequency at which Valve updates CS2 causing breaking issues, for instance !hide is now broken in GFL's server because of client crashes.

Love ZE, want to do it, but every time I've gotten on GFL's CS2ZE server I just gag and have the urge to just go play on nide at that point.

Reply to Thread