? servers

? players online

Gun debate

• Content Count:  1285

Yes, indeed, defend yourself with your bare hands against a robber with a 12-gauge shotgun aimed at your chest. That's an intelligent solution.

Agreed with you Litkey. Oak there will be certain situations where using a gun is unavoidable. If you have a mugger/robber/murderer who are aiming at you with a gun, its unavoidable to have to use a gun on them, otherwise theres a high possibility of you being wounded or fatally injured. Albeit there will be occasions where it can be avoided though, though its mostly for the people that are experienced in hand to hand and know how to disarm a person of his weapon, and those are usually police officers/people versed in martial arts.

• Content Count:  65

Yes, indeed, defend yourself with your bare hands against a robber with a 12-gauge shotgun aimed at your chest. That's an intelligent solution.

I don't live in the slums. Or in a country with a high crime rate or loose gun laws. Owning or using a gun is a personal choice, and speaks volumes about that persons character. Cute analogy though, even if you missed my point.

Agreed with you Litkey. Oak there will be certain situations where using a gun is unavoidable. If you have a mugger/robber/murderer who are aiming at you with a gun, its unavoidable to have to use a gun on them, otherwise theres a high possibility of you being wounded or fatally injured. Albeit there will be occasions where it can be avoided though, though its mostly for the people that are experienced in hand to hand and know how to disarm a person of his weapon, and those are usually police officers/people versed in martial arts.

Unavoidable if you put yourself in a situation where someone will have a gun pointed at you. I can understand the fear people in certain poor areas or just generally in the USA have, but even so, it is a personal choice. I'm fully aware that the vast majority of people today live in constant fear and self doubt, and guns are a way of regaining a little bit of control, but the mob mentality of how everyone gets a gun simply to defend themselves from other people with guns just generates more to be paranoid about.

Apparently this is an emotionally charged issue for some of you, so let me clarify that my intent was not to insult or attack you, just give my truthful opinion. I'm not a realistic person, morals and honor are concepts that mean more to me than anything else, but usually conflict with the collective modern day thought patterns.

It is unimaginable that someone would posses enough cowardice to aim a gun at someone who is unarmed, but if both people have guns, I'm fine with one of them being shot and killed, regardless of if they are facing each other or not. Those who live by the sword die by it too, and rightly so.

• Content Count:  830

In the military you're trained particularly on that situation; for instance, one of the instructor sergeants at the platoon has been in a situation where someone was pointing a weapon at him whilst in Iraq, he had no weapon equipped himself -- He didn't reach down, pull out a .355 magnum and shoot them like in games at all, he'd be shot by the time he had it in his hands. Instead, he didn't make any movement, he stood there, and he kept eye contact. In most situations that would work. And, hey, he's around the tell the tale.

For instance, one of Ghandi's teachings, I think it is, where if you're in a situation where someone wants to injure you, and you stand there, without any resistance, and let them, most of the time they'll back down.

The example's even more so for a more common situation, for instance, an armed robbery, because the person with the weapon has no reason to shoot/attack you unless you pose a threat; whereas in a war zone, I suppose it's incomparisonable, but you get the idea.

a very interesting observation.

btw oak, you know any martial arts and things of that sort? I know paladin here is good with the sword and I've taken Shorin-Ryu karate for the past 5 years (brown belt, currently)

• Content Count:  65

Unavoidable if you put yourself into that situation? Are you completely serious?

Step out this perfect little bubble you apparently live in and realise that no one has control over the actions of others. Bad things happen to people everyday, but that doesn't make it their own fault.

No, I don't promote guns or care for them; but your arguments are just ridiculous. Completely bias. Enjoy living in your bubble where nothing wrong ever happens and the only opinion that matters is your own.

Well to someone who hasn't been exposed to more than one place in the world, I can see how that makes sense. I do not live in a bubble, and never meant to insinuate that there isn't a small chance someone will randomly pull out a gun and attack you. But that chance is very tiny to begin with, and you limit it even more by how you interact with people and the areas you live/visit. I wish you had taken time to read a little more carefully, you're responding to things I never wrote. I also never claimed that I wasn't biased, honest opinions always are.....that much was obvious I assumed.

• Content Count:  1938

Can we all please just go back to talking about my penis already?

It is very well rounded, but that is besides the point, I want to talk about guns :d

I would never own a gun in my life. They are absolutely evil, death dealing machines. That is their only purpose. Show your true character and not give into violence with more violence. Turn the other check. I would rather die by the barrel of a robber, then to harm a fellow brother. I can accept death willingly, but I do not believe my assalient can.

• Content Count:  1938

Well to someone who hasn't been exposed to more than one place in the world, I can see how that makes sense. I do not live in a bubble, and never meant to insinuate that there isn't a small chance someone will randomly pull out a gun and attack you. But that chance is very tiny to begin with, and you limit it even more by how you interact with people and the areas you live/visit. I wish you had taken time to read a little more carefully, you're responding to things I never wrote. I also never claimed that I wasn't biased, honest opinions always are.....that much was obvious I assumed.

I forgot, Oak's posts don't count. Switz's don't have souls

Reply to Thread