? servers

? players online

Gun debate

• Content Count:  6559

and you limit it even more by how you interact with people and the areas you live/visit.

Assuming you have the money to live in the nicest parts of a city. Unfortunately most people live in Middle class neighborhoods where gangbangers live just a few miles away or less. You can live in a 500,000 dollar house by the lake (my case), yet just a kilometer down the road are new cheap subsidized housing projects with bluntly put, ghetto people and growing gangs in the area, like MS-13 etc who don't have the same respect for personal property that the rest of us do.

Now if I have millions and lived in a gated community I probably wouldn't feel the need for any personal firearms, but I don't, nor do most of us. I wouldn't immediately shoot someone with a firearm who entered my premises, rather the presence of one would be an immediate deterrent resulting in their expulsion from said household. The sound of the cocking of a shotgun is usually enough.

I don't have the nobility that Slavic does, I would rather killed than be killed, or at least kill if I'm going to die. I don't subscribe to the notion that violence will go away. Violence is human nature as much as our lust for sex, greed, love and lying are, and it always will be.

• Content Count:  2645

Wow People, this is the "post pictures of yourselves" thread, not the "Hey guys let's argue over theoretical situations" thread!

Listen to the genious! Get back to topic NOW!!

• Content Count:  65

Assuming you have the money to live in the nicest parts of a city. Unfortunately most people live in Middle class neighborhoods where gangbangers live just a few miles away or less. You can live in a 500,000 dollar house by the lake (my case), yet just a kilometer down the road are new cheap subsidized housing projects with bluntly put, ghetto people and growing gangs in the area, like MS-13 etc who don't have the same respect for personal property that the rest of us do.

Now if I have millions and lived in a gated community I probably wouldn't feel the need for any personal firearms, but I don't, nor do most of us. I wouldn't immediately shoot someone with a firearm who entered my premises, rather the presence of one would be an immediate deterrent resulting in their expulsion from said household. The sound of the cocking of a shotgun is usually enough.

I don't have the nobility that Slavic does, I would rather killed than be killed, or at least kill if I'm going to die. I don't subscribe to the notion that violence will go away. Violence is human nature as much as our lust for sex, greed, love and lying are, and it always will be.

I don't disagree with the validity of that kind of thinking, if its a dangerous area, you are indeed most likely safer with a gun than without. But owning a gun makes you just as potentially dangerous as the so called gangsters roaming wild. Is a presumably sound minded non-violent individual with no gang affiliation or criminal record as likely to shoot and kill someone? No, but like Slavic wrote, guns serve one purpose only, to do serious harm to or kill other people. The main problem with your situation is that the government and people who enforce the laws do criminally little to clean up the largely unchecked malefactors, much less attempt to alter the social/political standards that allows room for them to exist.

I forgot, Oak's posts don't count. Switz's don't have souls

Lol. :d

You forget I was born and raised in the USA. I am, in fact, entitled to claim I have at least half a soul.......and better chocolate.

I'm not even going to respond to this, but just say that; you're an idiot and going on ignore. pzl8. Like I said, enjoy living in your fantasy world.

You don't need to be rude simply because you can't produce a coherent argument. Your misinterpretation of what I thought was a simply understandable set of my opinions that I offered without any vehemence or condescension is your failing, not mine. I only posted them to get a feel for what other peoples viewpoints on the subject were, not to incur childish and insulting replies from people who need a serious lesson in both basic English reading comprehension and manners. But thats to be expected, I suppose.

While I do believe things with strong conviction, my #1 rule is to never, ever, enforce my ideals or principles on other people, or expect them to think the same way I do. I just wanted a mature exchange of ideas, and a few people gave me just that. I never once asked anyone to change how they think, but too many falsely perceive the contrast to their own opinions as an attack on what they believe, which is a very limited and egotistical of thinking.

• Content Count:  6559

Listen to the genious! Get back to topic NOW!!

Genius

I'm going to have to revoke your spelling naztee privileges

The main problem with your situation is that the government and people who enforce the laws do criminally little to clean up the largely unchecked malefactors

That's a very big problem here too. They'd rather tackle the "problem" of speeding with loads of cops on the highways and new speed cameras on our street and ridiculously low speed limits rather than divert the funds towards fighting real criminal activity in our area.

• Content Count:  65

Genius

I'm going to have to revoke your spelling naztee privileges

That's a very big problem here too. They'd rather tackle the "problem" of speeding with loads of cops on the highways and new speed cameras on our street and ridiculously low speed limits rather than divert the funds towards fighting real criminal activity in our area.

I am a cynical person by nature, but to me the reason for that seems clear. Catching speeders is profitable and runs less risk of death/injury. Given the choice between going after packs of hardened criminals and giving some harmless surgeon in a Porsche a fine which helps meet a monthly quota, which is a normal cop (on a normal cop's salary) going to choose? The partial illusion of safety is also important, to make people feel like they are committed and involved, possibly even in control if you're naive enough.

This is fairly far off topic, but is still highly interesting (to me at least). I wonder if someone wouldn't mind moving the relevant posts in this conversation to the off topic section?

• Content Count:  115

Lol. :d

You forget I was born and raised in the USA. I am, in fact, entitled to claim I have at least half a soul.......and better chocolate.

lol you mean Toblerone. only you swiss guys can eat that shit xD why has switzerland an army ? you dont need it anyway :d

• Content Count:  830

It is very well rounded, but that is besides the point, I want to talk about guns :d

I would never own a gun in my life. They are absolutely evil, death dealing machines. That is their only purpose. Show your true character and not give into violence with more violence. Turn the other check. I would rather die by the barrel of a robber, then to harm a fellow brother. I can accept death willingly, but I do not believe my assalient can.

again, as someone posted earlier, people own guns for the sake of LEISURE. Take me for example... I own a gun purely for enjoyment but would never in my life shoot at someone no matter how much I despise him or her, unless my life is at stake and there is no other way around it. Only then.

• Content Count:  1236

im against guns :\

the only people that shuld be aloud to have an operating weapon are police officers and the R.C.M.P (yes their partially diffrent btw)

if you feel like going to the shooting range or somthing like that, they shuld make it so you can go to the police range and rent a gun... there is no need to have a gun in somones home

and you wouldnt need a gun to protect yourself... if there were no guns

if someone is coming at you with like.. i dont know ... some sort of blade for example... like oak said, use hand combat. no need to be a coward.

in fact, in canada their trying to outlaw hand guns. only if i could vote...

the only real problem would be the hunting aspect. but they could solve this by 1. haveing vigourious tests to prove that a. your not crasy b. your not planing to hurt anyone. and then 2. like cops you would have to file some sort of report evertime you shoot your weapon.

hank (compleaty against guns)

Reply to Thread