? servers

? players online

Gun debate

• Content Count:  6559

Maybe they can vote on learning to spell properly and using the right form of the word they're/their/there and aloud/allowed and other homonyms in Canada?

Yes vote to get rid of the legal right to own handguns so that only criminals who don't give two shits about laws can posses them, brilliant.

Red (completely against illogical Utopian fallacies)

• Content Count:  1236

:rolleyes: getting rid of them all together...

and its not trying to make a Utopian fallacies :\ its trying to help save alot of premature deaths >.>

p.s.... do i detect a hint of racisim >.> your basically saying canada is stupid/crazy :\

• Content Count:  2445

:rolleyes: getting rid of them all together...

and its not trying to make a Utopian fallacies :\ its trying to help save alot of premature deaths >.>

Even if you ban guns, criminals will ALWAYS be able to get their hands on them. You'd only be preventing civilians that buy guns for self-defense from criminals from buying them.

p.s.... do i detect a hint of racisim >.> your basically saying canada is stupid/crazy :\

^ lol.

• Content Count:  1236

Didn't realize Canadian was a race

yep ^.^ just like american,french,etheopian,veitnamize,or austrialian :)

happy to clear that up for you :d

ps... if you coulda just explaind it like litkey there, it would have beena lot nicer

(i still stand by no guns tho :-o)

• Content Count:  1938

Banning all guns is ridiculous. Pardon me as I go out to buy an 8-ball, but how long have drugs been banned, hmmm???

Its not guns themselves that has to be changed, but the morals and ethics surrounding them. We have to take the violence away from the guns, by having more people not use them. Lol, I'd hate to use this analogy, but its like the whole saying, being fearful from a terrorist attack means the terrorists win. If you resort to the violent use of guns or any sort of weapons, you are giving them more power.

If ones thing needs to be changed, is how we all look at life. It is very precious, are you willing to take someone else's away? Only you can change yourself. Well unless someone performs Meta-programing using shock tactics, but thats rare : D.

Vote Slavic for Dali Lama

• Content Count:  240

What have I caused ? :)

Banning all guns is ridiculous. Pardon me as I go out to buy an 8-ball, but how long have drugs been banned, hmmm???

Its not guns themselves that has to be changed, but the morals and ethics surrounding them. We have to take the violence away from the guns, by having more people not use them. Lol, I'd hate to use this analogy, but its like the whole saying, being fearful from a terrorist attack means the terrorists win. If you resort to the violent use of guns or any sort of weapons, you are giving them more power.

If ones thing needs to be changed, is how we all look at life. It is very precious, are you willing to take someone else's away? Only you can change yourself.

Very well-put, to the point, and my opinion.

@ Red: Owning a gun (shotgun, pistol, whatever) doesn't necessarily make you safer in a stickup. I seriously doubt you have your gun on you at all times and everywhere you go to change the odds in such a critical situation.

What exactly is the fun of firing a gun? I rather shoot some hoops for a workout and fun.

contempt

• Content Count:  2645

Actually Hank does have some good points in his post, the police should be the only people who should carry guns. (pretty much like in our country, the police and army are the only forces allowed to carry guns)

I mean, if a civilian were to take the matter into his own hand, surely he would be risking his life even greater, as trying to confront the criminal with a weapon could mean that he himself would be shot, whereas, if he didn't have a gun, he would not be seen as a threat to the criminal, and there would be a very slim chance of any serious incidents.

Reply to Thread