? servers

? players online

Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?

Player rule change poll

• Content Count:  1615

whats next, if your not over 16 years old you need to wear a tag in your name?

why is there a rule being made when there isn't an effect on player numbers in the servers?

there is already a rule to prevent mic spam, enforce it if needed.

when did rules move from providing decent game play to making people happy?

becuz not everyone can b made happy....

the point is to play the game and have fun not make things "fair" or keep people happy

Edited by broncoty

• Content Count:  4473

ZOMFG...

It is not that hard to type and some people's voices make mine and Super Nublet's ears bleed, as well as other players and admins.

The children can type to get their point across so they can still talk to people.

• Content Count:  4354

Most of the lil kids do annoy that crap out of me, but i think the issue is that they use it more like they are in a chat room. There is a clan that does this alot, and i think most of them are young. A Admin had to mute every one tonight that had their clan tag in it.

So i would like to see people muted or kicked that tend to use the mics just for talking about none game related stuff.

Most of the lil kids do annoy that crap out of me, but i think the issue is that they use it more like they are in a chat room. There is a clan that does this alot, and i think most of them are young. A Admin had to mute every one tonight that had their clan tag in it.

So i would like to see people muted or kicked that tend to use the mics just for talking about none game related stuff.

that is a well reasoned argument and well thought out, but i know people who arent young who use the the mic for talking about non game related stuff, myself included and i can see why that could become a rule and it is a good argument.

but i dont see any part of this rule that is well reasoned or thought out

That is why i say it is spam, if they sit there and go lolz omg no wayz man da freakin zombiez r herez over and over that is mic spam and it is already covered by a rule.

and ya the kids can type while the big boyz get the mic cuz ther kool rite italian?

Yeah, they are shakin like bacon....

The older players can use the mic because their voices do not sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. If their voice is not annoying and everyone in the server is not asking for a mute, then they can talk.

The problem is that the entire server is complaining over a person's voice, so why not ask that person to not talk and type instead of talk?

I have a mic and hardly use it, so typing does not destroy one's ability to enjoy CS. The kids will get over it and you will too...:Randy-git:

• Content Count:  489

LOL, that was me. They just kept ignoring me when i asked them several times to cut down on mic use. So the good old ma_mute ZMp worked well. Didn't you enjoy those 5 minutes of quietness?

Funny thing is they all removed ZMp from their name after that. lol

Yeah, they are shakin like bacon....

The older players can use the mic because their voices do not sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. If their voice is not annoying and everyone in the server is not asking for a mute, then they can talk.

The problem is that the entire server is complaining over a person's voice, so why not ask that person to not talk and type instead of talk?

I have a mic and hardly use it, so typing does not destroy one's ability to enjoy CS. The kids will get over it and you will too...:Randy-git:

there is nothing to get over, i have chosen to not enforce this "rule",

and why not ask them to stop? they do not have too, thats why mics were incorporated into the game to be used. so they can talk

ask them to tone it down? yes i do that all the time and i threaten to mute the whole serve if they dont,

works pretty well havent really had a problem with kids talking to much while i am on, if it is one person in particular it is mic spam

so why a rule? italian tell me why is a rule like this needed?

so Nublet's ears don't bleed out...we need him alive

Also it will be less annoying in the servers...that's why

we voted, and the rule is in place...and MANY will enforce it, so who cares

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reply to Thread