? servers

? players online

Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?

Player rule change poll

• Content Count:  3440

I feel that as long as they don't abuse the mic they should be allowed to use the mic. A simple vote to mute someone or the standard warn/mute/kick/etc.. should apply to this as well.

• Content Count:  27

oh my god...

OH MY GOD

Its bad enough that the programmer didn't bother to put in the actual Mute Code to allow people to mute other players in game...

Now alls we need is an admin to come in whenever theres ZMP members ingame...

"dude, shutup you 12 year old"

"Im not 12 you fucking faggot, im 13, stupid bitch, go suck a dick!!!11one"

bind v "ma_mute ZMp"

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

• Content Count:  135

if they use properly, they shouldnt be banned.. however it's the adults who often starts the confrontation saying they too young to mic chat or voice too high and tell them to shut up which causes the younger ones to respond "no, you shut up" (which how most kids respond). u can make argument game is rated M and they shouldnt be in first place but what can you do. if they abide by server rules and handle matters like the above maturely, let em play

• Content Count:  2009

if they use properly, they shouldnt be banned.. however it's the adults who often starts the confrontation saying they too young to mic chat or voice too high and tell them to shut up which causes the younger ones to respond "no, you shut up" (which how most kids respond). u can make argument game is rated M and they shouldnt be in first place but what can you do. if they abide by server rules and handle matters like the above maturely, let em play

Tbh I don't mind it when they use it properly, unfortantly most of them dont understand the meaning of using it properly, ZMP guys are a perfect example of this.

Also a ban is a last option for this, warn, mute and kick and then ban.

• Content Count:  489

Like i said before, i usually put up with all the mic spamming, and almost never punish for it, but it all depends on the circumstances. If i get in server, and player is spamming music or yelling/screaming stupid shit, ignoring all the STFU requests from other players = 1day ban in my "ban booklet".

If they simply talk tooooo much, and most of you know what i mean, I just mute them. For example DZ369, he got his mic button binded to a mouse wheel or so he says. Whenever he is on, the whole server knows every second of his life, because his keeps talking and talking and talking. Yesterday i muted "some people" for talking too much, i un-muted them 2-3minutes later, guess what? A few minutes after being un-muted it all started all over again.

I enjoy playing with younger crowd simply because 90% of do a shitload of teamwork, but at the same time they talk too much. I personally wouldn't ban any of them unless they do some really stupid shit, but thats just me.

• Content Count:  331

People should be allowed to use their mics no matter who they are, but I suppose if they are Spamming or simply using the Mic too much, then a mute would be appropriate. I think it should be left to the players to personally mute people they don't want to hear. I apologize if I am speaking out of turn.

edit/update: Super Nublet makes a very good point

Edited by Soviet1

Reply to Thread