? servers

? players online

Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?

Player rule change poll

• Content Count:  1615

so Nublet's ears don't bleed out...we need him alive

Also it will be less annoying in the servers...that's why

we voted, and the rule is in place...and MANY will enforce it, so who cares

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

yup all 14 of zms members voted out of 360 or so active members

enough for Henda to go ahead with the rule... and his discussions with AO's and other BD's

1/3 bd and 1/4 ao's voted yes to no mic not to mention 4/35 admins added together that is

6/42 staff of zm who have voted yes that is 14% of the staff of zm, the percent of players is so low it is not even worth the* calculation so quit acting like you speak for anywhere close to the majority which is the point of a vote, yes?

Edited by broncoty

• Content Count:  1384

This bugs me a lot. Yeah, there are some kids who have high pitched voices. If they're just playing the game then they shouldn't be penalized for it. If they're being IMMATURE and mic-spamming, then they get kicked. Problem solved. I think this rule sucks.

What Repeat said

ya good point repeat, immaturity is/should be a big part in the rules/admin policy.

don't forget to vote guys and i encourage anyone who has not done so to do so

and yellow i think u voted the wrong way too lol

Edited by broncoty

• Content Count:  2445

This bugs me a lot. Yeah, there are some kids who have high pitched voices. If they're just playing the game then they shouldn't be penalized for it. If they're being IMMATURE and mic-spamming, then they get kicked. Problem solved. I think this rule sucks.

Agreed... I don't see why we should penalize kids just for their voice. While I've encountered many immature kids that use the microphone, I've encountered just as many mature kids that use the microphone as well. If they are mic spamming and being immature in general, we already have a rule against that, and they can be banned under that rule. But just for their voice? That seems kind of dumb to me, because voice =/= (not equal to) maturity. I can't count on my hands and feet the number of times I've encountered immature adults in online games. So, I'm voting yes.

ya good point repeat, immaturity is/should be a big part in the rules/admin policy.

don't forget to vote guys and i encourage anyone who has not done so to do so

I feel that there are 'little kids' on the servers who are more mature than the 'big kids'. It's bullshit that they get penalized for the immaturity other 'high pitched voice' brethren. News Flash--- tons of people are annoying on the mics. Get over it -- let an admin kick them if they're spamming.

• Content Count:  1285

I only voted no because I believed that first taking the younger people's voices out will be the beginning to having mics eliminated completely..God how I hate them.

Really though, I believe that removing peoples rights of freedom of speech due to there age is age discrimination. What next, we're going to be asking the women and the african americans to not talk on the mics because their voices?

If mics are to be taken out, should be for all or none..Mics taken out of the server for everybody or nobody.

I only voted no because I believed that first taking the younger people's voices out will be the beginning to having mics eliminated completely..God how I hate them.

Really though, I believe that removing peoples rights of freedom of speech due to there age is age discrimination. What next, we're going to be asking the women and the african americans to not talk on the mics because their voices?

If mics are to be taken out, should be for all or none..Mics taken out of the server for everybody or nobody.

It's true -- he does.

But Paladin does bring up a good point. It's all or nothing. Some persons voice might sound fine to one person but be totally annoying to another. How can we put a system of judgement on that? You can't.

Reply to Thread