? servers

? players online

Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?

Player rule change poll

• Content Count:  4473

that's why we make the simple votes, lol

Anyways, I do kick people for being annoying...after everyone in the server asks me to do so....and I ask the person to stop being annoying...

Amended into the spam protection clause of admin duties...whereby the admin has the jurisdiction of doing what he/she deems fit with that person being annoying to the server

• Content Count:  1615

that's why we make the simple votes, lol

Anyways, I do kick people for being annoying...after everyone in the server asks me to do so....and I ask the person to stop being annoying...

Amended into the spam protection clause of admin duties...whereby the admin has the jurisdiction of doing what he/she deems fit with that person being annoying to the server

What is defined as annoying?

And

If you have already kicked people for it, and this rule was not under the server rules then you yourself broke the rules.

OR

If you were kicking them for spamming or disrespect, then why is the new rule needed?

Which is it Italian?

• Content Count:  16

this is a bit sad becuase i hate typeing and im only 12 years old. I dunnon if i have a high pitch'd voice really but i try 2 keep my mic down if it's possible could a admin tell me if im allowed 2 use my mic or not sometime?

• Content Count:  366

In defence of the younger players of CSS and other games i've voted yes they should be allowed. This is because everyone has a right to talk in whatever way possible and just because someone finds their voice annoying does not mean they should have to shut up. As long as he/she does not spam then they should have freedom of speech in whatever way possible.

Hunter

• Content Count:  2009

1/3 bd and 1/4 ao's voted yes to no mic not to mention 4/35 admins added together that is

6/42 staff of zm who have voted yes that is 14% of the staff of zm, the percent of players is so low it is not even worth the* calculation so quit acting like you speak for anywhere close to the majority which is the point of a vote, yes?

This wasnt fully down to the BD, we left it for open for voting for the WHOLE of the community not just admin. The agreement was to try the rule out and see how it goes depending on the vote and well the vote speaks for itself.

I only voted no because I believed that first taking the younger people's voices out will be the beginning to having mics eliminated completely..God how I hate them.

Really though, I believe that removing peoples rights of freedom of speech due to there age is age discrimination. What next, we're going to be asking the women and the african americans to not talk on the mics because their voices?

If mics are to be taken out, should be for all or none..Mics taken out of the server for everybody or nobody.

Tbh cant remember if there is but if there isnt, there should be a law that stops children from playing css because of the nature of the game.

• Content Count:  366

Surely though Henda it would be wrong to stop them talking over mic? I mean I doubt any of you would like to be told you couldn't talk to your boss because your hair a certain colour or you can't vote because you have a beard. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds. I think you may lose many players if you take away their right to speak as there are many other servers that may not be good as this one but they can talk on them. Yes I find their voices annoying sometimes but they shouldn't have to stop talking for the benefit of older people. Online games are becoming infested with people from all age groups not just adults and so it's time that everyone learnt to accept them for who they are not their age or voice.

Hunter

• Content Count:  4123

It's not a across the board mic ban on all under a certain age or age group, so it's pretty fair. I don't know what the punishment would be, maybe just muting them if they don't comply. Only downside is it may discourage some of those players from returning to play here.

Veg

Edited by Veggie
reworded

• Content Count:  1166

IMO (although its probably been said many times) I think we should only warn kids who don't shut up, or spam. If they occasionally yell something like "watch out" to another player its fine or just discussion with other people, it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, if this rule passes then I wouldnt be able to talk D:.

• Content Count:  2678

Iv been on severs where you have too be 15 or older too use your mic it was awsome plus the fact that they banned on the spot if you spam chat & type stupid shit like (no you shut up) and get mad in chat (ect). I say we try that :d

• Content Count:  4473

The admins are only supposed to ask them to be quiet if their voice is annoying to other players on the server. If it is not, then they can still talk. I do not see the problem with that.

Annoying is defined but whatever the fuck the admin or the players deem it to be. If they vote to quiet somebody and the vote passes, where is the fault?

Also, like Henda said, these kids shouldn't be playing this game because it is rated M. If they don't like it, they can grow up and come back later. Until then, typing is no big issue for those who have been voted to remain quiet.

Reply to Thread