? servers

? players online

Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should young teens/children be allowed to use mics?

Player rule change poll

• Content Count:  489

I think it should be left to the players to personally mute people they don't want to hear. I apologize if I am speaking out of turn.

edit/update: Super Nublet makes a very good point

1. The problem is players can't mute other players in zombie mod.

2. You are not speaking out of turn, everyones voice counts.

3. Thank you =)

• Content Count:  2009

1. The problem is players can't mute other players in zombie mod.

2. You are not speaking out of turn, everyones voice counts.

Except nublets, he's a hacking noob that cant be hit on css :d

This is the main problem, the fact that mute only works on some servers but tbh if they ignore a admin warning and require a mute, they are already asking for trouble.

That said I sometimes get the feeling the younger players don't understand there talking too much, Bubba (haggard son) is a nice lad, funny ashell sometimes but it's taken months of people telling him to stop mic spamming for him to even realize he is spamming.

Thankfully now tho I just tll him to calm down and he only uses the mic when he needs to. That said I can't go through another few months explaining the youngsters that there mic spamming and asking them to calm down.

• Content Count:  1755

I personally think that aslong as they don't mic spam or say dumb shit, then they can talk. The majority of the problem with the mics aren't little kids with annoying voices but mic spammers and people all talking at once. If they wanna talk, they can talk. I have been playing on ZM severs for almost a year and never met a 7 year old mic spammer. Usually its people our age that mic spam. And I wonder if this rule applies to Bubba too?

• Content Count:  2009

I personally think that aslong as they don't mic spam or say dumb shit, then they can talk. The majority of the problem with the mics aren't little kids with annoying voices but mic spammers and people all talking at once. If they wanna talk, they can talk. I have been playing on ZM severs for almost a year and never met a 7 year old mic spammer. Usually its people our age that mic spam. And I wonder if this rule applies to Bubba too?

Well technically bubba isn't immune to the rules, tho he can never be perm banned, not that he ever will but I'll ask haggard to sit down with him and explain the too much talkinng part. That aside all I have to do is tell him to calm down and he does, will prolly work if other admins do the same.

• Content Count:  4354

Mic spamming is mic Spamming. If you do it then you get kicked and if you come back and bitch out it or keep doing it then it's a ban. I think its simple.

I do agree that i think some of these younger kids just don't know that they are Spamming the mic. We just need to inform them and teach them how to use a Mic in ZombieMod servers.

But you do have people like the ZMP Kids that just don't get it. NUb Muted them all and they bitched and bitched and changed their names to try and get unmuted. We informed them why they were muted, and all they wanted to do is bitch. So they stoped ofr about 3 mins and were back doing it again. I have not even seen them use the ZMP tag any more. These kids may need a stronger punishment. Maybe a 1 day ban. Tough Love needs to happen some times. :)

Reply to Thread