? servers

? players online

NBA Playoffs

• Content Count:  2417

Lets look at the matchups

Lakers Celtics

PG-Derek Fisher Rajon Rondo -Celtics have the better PG by far.

SG-Kobe Bryant Ray Allen- Lakers have a better SG easily.

SF-Ron Artest Paul Pierce- Artest will shutdown Pierce.

PF-Pau Gasol Kevin Garnett-The Lakers win PF due to Kevin Garnett

being old and his past injuries.

C-Andrew Bynum Kendrick Perkins- Celtics win Center bynums injured.

In my opinion the teams are basically at the same skill level it's going to come down to who wants it more. Both regular season games were won or lost by 1 point. Hopefully it'll be a good series all of them were bad so far this postseason.

Forget the bench?

• Content Count:  1765

PG: Rondo easily better then Fisher? I disagree with that completely. Fisher means so much to the Lakers, it's not even funny. And other then Kobe, he is the best clutch shooter on the team. I would give a slight edge to Rondo.

SG: Kobe is the best closer in the NBA. Ray Allen is one of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA. Advantage Kobe, for obvious reasons.

SF: If Artest can slow down Pierce, I'd be a very happy Laker fan. Pierce is still going to do miraculous things. He is the leader of this Celtics team. Advantage to Boston.

PF: Pau Gasol is the younger player right? But Garnett is the experienced veteran that can play mind games with his opponent. I actually think he gives Pau fits all series. Advantage Celtics.

C: Injured or not injured, Bynum is far better then Perkins. Perkins does his job well given the skill he has, but Bynum can change the game. Although, I think Perkins means more to his team. Advantage Lakers.

6th Man: Rasheed is Rasheed. He will come and do wonders or he will do stupid shit. Lamar is the same way. But the way they each play in this series will be key to who wins and why. Advantage is a draw.

Rest of the bench: The Lakers will have Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, and Sasha Vujacic. The Celtics will have Big Baby Davis, Tony Allen, and Nate Robinson. I give advantage to the Celtics, by a slim margin. Nate Robinson alone can change a game. I like the energy players like Farmar and Brown bring to the court. And I love the heart of Davis when he enters games.

Coaching: No better coach in the NBA then Phil Jackson. Lakers advantage.

Intangibles: Home Court Advantage is key in this series. Both teams play remarkably well at home. I also think the 2-3-2 format favors the Lakers in this series. Lakers haven't lost at home in the playoffs yet and I think we 3 tries in Boston, they will steal one away. Then close the series out in one of the remaining two games in LA.

My prediction: Lakers in 6.

Now I was having a wonderful night last night, reading up on past Lakers vs. Celtics final games and chatting it up with some buds who are Lakers fans and all was fine and dandy until I read about this P.O.S LA Times writer:

In the story titled "Your guide to hating the Celtics," columnist Ted Green runs through a numbered list of reasons to despise the team in green. The rundown included a blurb on Pierce, who "flops more than a large-mouthed bass" and "acts like he's been hit by a train" whenever he shoots. Sure, that's fine ... until this:

"By the way, Pierce's idea of a fun night is going clubbing and getting stabbed. Good times!"

The writer is referencing an incident from 2000, when Pierce was stabbed 11 times in the face, neck and back. Pierce also suffered injuries from being hit over the head with a bottle, and he was rushed to the hospital to have surgery on his lungs. The two men responsible for the attack were later convicted of assault and battery charges and sent to prison -- one for a year, the other for seven to 10 years.

Now it was all fun and fine to read it (I also noticed this idiot put Garnett's number as #21. What was he looking at?!?! Old stat sheets for the Timberwolves?!?!) until I read that. Now as fun as it is to make fun of a rival team, it's a bit too far to make fun of someone for almost being killed. What's next? Malik Sealy jokes?? I mean look how much shit the guys been through:

9UgVcpd7O-g

I'm 100% sure if that was Kobe, Mr. Green would not be making Kobe jokes about it. I mean if you're gonna rip on a player, have some fucking class.

• Content Count:  37

The Lakers bench is pretty bad besides Lamar Odom but, the Celtics have a few injured players on their bench so, I think that evens it out. That's why I didn't mention it in my above post I think the benches are fairly even unless Nate Robinson goes on a rampage.

Rasheed-Back injury

Marquis Daniels-Concussion

Glen Davis-Concussion

Tony Allen (Ankle)

The Lakers bench is pretty bad besides Lamar Odom but, the Celtics have a few injured players on their bench so, I think that evens it out. That's why I didn't mention it in my above post I think the benches are fairly even unless Nate Robinson goes on a rampage.

Rasheed-Back injury

Marquis Daniels-Concussion

Glen Davis-Concussion

Tony Allen (Ankle)

Allen has an ankle injury? :confused1:

Both him and Baby played in Game 6 and Sheed will *probably* be back and after the performance Nate put on, I don't think Marquis is going to be a big loss.

Reply to Thread