? servers

? players online

Just a Notice for Those Unaware

• Content Count:  1058

Steamgamers is becoming one of the biggest successful online communities.

By ''online'', do you mean within CS? Cause if not, a big WOW and gratz!

SG's actually the first gaming community i've dedicated to. I love it.

• Content Count:  2180

It's mostly got to do with the way new players have their experience. SG is pretty much similar to a store, if the customer is felt unwelcome, then he's probably not going to come back, if he's felt welcome, he's going to eventually shop again. After that's done it's really just down to making sure you get the user to get on the forums.

Probably the hardest thing to do aswell. Most servers like to offer sort of advantages like free reserve slots. I've always had the idea to go back through all the SG.Mem Steam ID's, add them to a server list and allow this list to have access to a skin that says 'MEMBER' on the back, just to get people to want to get it. And by doing this you go back to phase one, if the person on the forum makes a post, gets the skin, feels welcome, he's going to eventually come back.

It's like a cycle, I hope that makes the same sense it did in my head.

Edited by Jazzyy

• Content Count:  1079

*New chapter of this thread initiating...*

I come on the forums today and I find two long, dramatic, qq-ing threads that have no bearing whatsoever. Neither has proof or even a well-written introduction, and the mere reasons which the authors used for justification are just shameful.

How do some in this community legitimately expect others to listen when they are:

1. pointlessly ranting because shit became personal all of a sudden?
  2. writing with such shitty punctuation that their flow-of-conscious style makes it hard to understand what they want to convey?
  3. whining about the same shit that they always whine about?
  4. talking about something that is being done without any maturity?
  5. unable to clearly explain why people should care?
  6. unwilling to give a little for compromise and expect the higher-ups to cater to all of their needs?

I understand that it's hypocritical of me to sit here and bitch about the bitchers, but it's clear that people need a reality check when they're running around in circles, moaning like immature schoolchildren, and can't produce quality opinions without throwing their own feces around the place like monkeys.

What do you guys really expect to be done about it without any substantial evidence of anything happening? I'm not saying that you're wrong but until you can prove yourself right, fuck off.

Discuss.

Reply to Thread