? servers

? players online

Clan Vs. Community

• Content Count:  3052

Today in The Minigames server we started debating of IF a Clan and a Community differ. I say they DO differ but many people keep saying they are the same thing. For me, a Community gives its members a variety of servers/games to play on. And a Clan is specified to one game, or a game type. Also skill plays a bigger role if your in a Clan other than a community.

What do you think?

• Content Count:  4980

I say a community is more of a place to just hang around and play what you like. You don't need to be active within the forums if you occasionally play on the servers, you don't need to show up to 5v5 matches, get on Ventrilo etc. A community is more open than a clan, and you choose what you want to do. (I think)

• Content Count:  8756

Clan definition:

In computer and video gaming, a clan or a guild is a group of players that play online games together. They may play against other clans via matches or challenges, also known as scrims (scrimmages) and wars. A clan's objective can vary from having fun in a competitive environment or participating in more serious tournaments and clan wars.

Note that it says having fun in a "competitive" environment. A community is not competitive, but rather a free for all place for everyone to play for fun and not care about points as much as clans do.

• Content Count:  393

Steamgamers is a pro clan.

SAYWHAT

A clan is completly different, it focuses on only one game/gamemod/mod and they only recruit pro as ppl say.

A community has a lot of different servers in many games and they don't care if they have noobs such as Brainless.

Edited by u egg

Reply to Thread