? servers

? players online

Change of ownership.

• Content Count:  1765

Damn,

only gaming community I've ever cared enough to join and stay in through out these years, SG is special, hopefully not much changes after this

I disagree there needs to be a lot of change.

• Content Count:  581

Damn,

only gaming community I've ever cared enough to join and stay in through out these years, SG is special, hopefully not much changes after this

This^

Only one i really got into even though im not very known in SG.

Hopefully this new owner will take good care of SG.

• Content Count:  3391

Not sure if I should be saying this, but I've been getting a lot of questions now. This is also the reason for the delay of vB4. We discussed it and there is a professional team working on it or will be. I'll leave it to Garfield to post the concepts we've seen but they far exceed anything myself and Astrum could have drawn up (neither of us are 'artists').

We weren't completely happy with the announcement but we've talked with the new guys and they seem to be keeping our interests in mind. They want to continue with keeping the gaming aspect and not introduce new people into controlling/maintaining the servers. A lot of the higher ups were hesitant/argumentative at first but many of us seemed to come around at the end of the talks.

We talked about a lot of new features/ideas coming to SG and none of them will really change SG from being SG. I might not have been around for 3+ years, but it doesn't mean I don't share the same passion.

Amit owns/runs ChannelFuse.com. They are a collaboration of different forums. It seems SG will become the start of their gaming division (my own assumption). He has shown interest in gaining our forums/servers more momentum and exposure and with his experience and team, I think we have a shot at it. I have my fears and reservations as the rest of you do. There are some things I'm not comfortable sharing (nothing bad) and I'll leave it to the other guys/Garfield to take care of that.

Before everyone freaks out and plans a revolt, give the new owners a chance first. If shit blows up then you're free to do whatever you wish, but give them the benefit of the doubt before ditching SG and going elsewhere. I'm gaining nothing by siding with them or giving them positive feedback, so don't think this is all horse shit coming from me. If I didn't agree with all of what was planned then I wouldn't be here any longer and wouldn't be maintaining the Minecraft server.

• Like 16

Reply to Thread