? servers

? players online

Change of ownership.

• Content Count:  6741

You guys can't even understand sarcasm.

It's quite hard to convey sarcasm on an online forum.

Almost as much as I facepalmed when you wanted to buy my SteamID. =] Or when you messaged me asking to run the PB server yet you know very little about servers, which you admitted yourself. lolu.

Superbitch strikes again.

If you donate first, sure why not? So long as the contents were legal. I'd have to run it by the other staff first, though, but I have no opposition to someone willing to pay for something themselves.

I strongly appose of a /b/ section. Very confident that everyone who isn't a complete fucking faggot will as well.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2994

If you donate first, sure why not? So long as the contents were legal. I'd have to run it by the other staff first, though, but I have no opposition to someone willing to pay for something themselves.

YES FUCKING PLEASE

Guest barackobama

I'm going to lock this now. Most the answers have been questioned and I will do a dedicated thread of all the answers asked. If needed we will make a new thread dedicated to Q&A. I would like to say a few things before I lock this.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who would daily "suck up" to me or keep telling me how amazing I was, as flattering as it was, I knew it was not true, and it just goes with the job. I'm surprised at the amount of people who've suddenly changed now I have sold SteamGamers. This is part of the reason I sold SG, it's no longer the community I joined, and it would never go back to being that community.

It's easy to remember peoples bad things, but not the good things. I believe I've done many good things for this community, the biggest being buying this community from Haggard, who would of ironically sold it to "foreign" hands if I didn't buy it.

This community used to be about the servers, it's now about the politics. Unfortunately something I've had no choice but to deal with daily if I liked it or not.

Comments in this thread are surprising. "A ass-hat who doesn't play Source" - I've been busy dealing with politics and keeping the community ALIVE, that's maybe why.

"Some dude sold the community for a Mac." - I didn't know I couldn't buy things with my own money. Yes I have made money by selling SteamGamers, so did Haggard. What's the problem? I've not done anything wrong by selling SteamGamers. Why should I have to justify to anyone what I do with the money? I don't go poking around your life asking what you do with your money. However bad you think I am for selling SteamGamers, I have my reasons. So did Haggard.

I will list some of the reasons.

6 months before Haggard sold SG to me, it went right down the shitter. Haggard had pretty much given up with SteamGamers and it was slowly dying, and all I heard was moaning about Haggard. Haggard is great guy and got SteamGamers to where it was. I was pretty pissed that people would slag Haggard off, people who were supposed to be his "friend". I took the grim task of trying to keep the users of SG happy, which I can say I successfully done with the AO's and BD's. But the selfish people you all are, you were never happy. Always constantly moaning. People always looking for power, my god I thought I was bad when I wanted to become BD. But the amount of messages I get about people just wanting a higher rank, it's crazy. You should want to become staff to help SG, not have the power.

People can say how I "bought" my way in. I did this for the pure reason to help SteamGamers. If I didn't want to help, I would of never given my own money to boost SG, and spent my own money on upgrades and other various things for the community. Difference between people who want absolute power (won't name names) and people who want to genuinely help a place they love.

As I said before, SG turned from a gaming community to the houses of parliament, it turned in to a debating fuck fest, not a gaming community. When I ever tried to get it back to a gaming community by promoting team work, servers, I was met with constant disapproval.

At the end of the day, SteamGamers is "dying" because of the people who play in it, not run it. You all constantly judge people, and don't even give people a chance. You all think you know better and when anyone tries to explain you jump like a kangaroo.

I feel that SG had no good future in my hands, I couldn't get it in the right direction as I wanted. I tried hard, very hard, but still no luck.

Now on to other things. All this "why didn't you offer SG to us?"

Are you fucking joking? You all put money in, then you all want a say. I can imagine the fuck fest it would be "I put $5 in to buy SG, so I don't want that". No one would be able to control the situation. Who would be in charge of the server account? who pays the bills? who would deal with PayPal? Wouldn't you all want to deal with PayPal? The way SteamGamers is, you wouldn't be able to cope with it. You would all want the power to run the community and it would certainly die. I'm too passionate about SteamGamers to see the hell hole it would go down. I also didn't sell it to the first person I saw. Months ago when I decided I knew I couldn't run SteamGamers, I had already asked Thor about it. I also offered the community to NGO, who didn't want it. It then hit me, SteamGamers needed fresh blood. It needs a new start. Which it really does need. I made sure Amit was right for the job, he may of not played Source, but I for sure knew he wanted to make SteamGamers a great community and he reassured me daily he would do the right things.

I'm far from a bad person. I've helped many people with SG with all sorts of problems. I've always been around if you needed anything. I've always done the best for SteamGamers. But at the end of the day, I bought this place so I could continue to take care of it. I could continue to put love in to the community I once couldn't be without more than a few hours.

Also people who say I should of consulted with the members first, I'm sorry, but some things are common sense. I know what would of happened if I asked if I should sell SG, it would be a hard "NOOOOOOO!". So why would I do that? I already made my mind up. I wanted SteamGamers to go new directions.

I also had a much higher offer from someone else outside of SG, which I could of got $4000 more, but I didn't, the reason... the reason they were a corporate company who would of sucked this place dry. I didn't want the highest bid, I wanted to make sure SG was given to the right person who can do more than I did with it.

Then the question arises, why not give it away for free? I can assure you, no one here as much as they said they would, wouldn't give away something for free. yes people donated, NGO donated a few $1000. But he makes that money back. You can all act like you are saints and wouldn't ever do anything like that, but I call bullshit. If you think that you wouldn't, you're living in fairy land. Maybe if I was a millionaire I'd give things away for free. I'm pretty well off as people know. But at the end of the day, SG is something I love, and something I put a lot of money in to. So something back is nice.

People are going to pick things out of the above text, and take things out of context, it's a default for SteamGamers members to do this. But at the end of the day, I've always been passionate about this website. I've never wanted to upset people, I've always done what was asked of me. I've always tried to keep someone happy.

If this is how you treat someone who did that much so you could stay and enjoy the community you joined, I worry for the future of Earth itself...

If you have any feedback on this, please PM me and tell me your thoughts. I've always thanked everyone for things they've done, and I've always appreciated things.

I also buy and sell URLS. All URLS I own, and are my property. At one point I was going to change SteamGamers.com to Co.uk or Org. So didn't need any reason to have it any more. But in the end I decided not to do that.

I also don't think a fuck about the people who don't care for me, and will still meet this with disapproval. You judge so much, but if you can list some of the good things you've done for this community, apart from constantly moaning & trying to act smart by using google.

Also to the pathetic people trying to get lawyers involved (LOLOL) who say I can't sell SG. I own SteamGamers.com all it's content and everything posted on it. Feel free to waste money trying to hire a lawyer!

I'm sorry I've let people down by selling SteamGamers, but it was not a last minute thing, it took me months to decide.

Garf

• Like 26
Edited by GarfieldH

Reply to Thread