? servers

? players online

"Kick" Feature for Supporters + Regulars

• Content Count:  3056

Here, let me provide an example:

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/player-complaints/46471-master-complaint.html

This wallhacker took an AO FOUR DAYS to deal with. What could happen during those 4 days? Oh, right, driving the last few players off because he could keep coming back and making us realize that no one gives a fuck about the Surf DM server so hackers can hack all they want. This will be my last reply to your idiocy.

So kicking him would do what, make him leave and never come back?

If you want to argument well, don't start insulting people, because in the end you'll just end up looking like the dumber one yourself.

IMO, this idea would NEVER go well.. Way more people abusing it, than actually doing something good with it, and way too easy to get. I think that enough reasons has been stated already by other people.

• Content Count:  2553

Be good in the community, apply for admin, or be selected. You will by then have proven that you can handle power.

Being a support+regular in one shows that you are dedicated to the community, but it doesn't show that you are worthy for admin; you need to prove that for yourself.

Sorry, but I don't support this idea.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1563

Look, SG is evolving...

This community exists from 2007 I believe when it was called zombiemurder back then.

Those people aren't online who were very active active back then. This is about the same for people who join now.

Admins are very active in the beginning but most likely this wont stay, admins are humans too, they become older, they finish highschool and many of us are working right now. They build out a career and REAL LIFE comes first.

If you have time left then we come online on the servers/forums =)

The people who join and want to become admin are mostly very active and see a lot of freekillers (in this case PB, derp).

I used to be like this when I was 15, I was very serious about what I did but it's how you handle a situation.

In generally, if you are more active, you see more rulebreakers, but this doesnt make you an better admin.

Supporters who will have given the rights to kick others might take the job serious or either abuse it.

Anyway, SG will only hand their powers to people who they trust, because anyone who just created an account can become supporter.

Supporter gives you nice privileges, but unfornatly, no admin powers within this community.

PS: Regulars are not be trusted :troll:

• Like 3

• Content Count:  219

It doesn't hurt to suggest anything, and finding new ways to improve our community is always helpful.

But if it makes everyone else happy on all ends, then I'm happy with SG the way it is too.

I trust the admins. I know they are humans too and will do their job well, and efficiently.

I appreciate everyone's concern and input for this suggestion.

Thank you for your maturity.

This thread can be closed now.

• Content Count:  4960

It doesn't hurt to suggest anything, and finding new ways to improve our community is always helpful.

But if it makes everyone else happy on all ends, then I'm happy with SG the way it is too.

I trust the admins. I know they are humans too and will do their job well, and efficiently.

I appreciate everyone's concern and input for this suggestion.

Thank you for your maturity.

This thread can be closed now.

You're mocking SG's maturity now r ya?

I'm convinced that you just want not to be pointed out the neg's of your idea.

For the last time, and i'm sure everybody will understand after that.

We all have to live with people having a life and such, and it's just a game.. if you can't stand people beeing bad ingame.. then it's up to you to demo him and get rid of that player. I'm not saying that admins shouldn't do less, but gaming has to be enjoyable to for both groups here.

As i was an admin apprentice, i was annoyed by the people that just wanted you to get rid of somebody for just killing them (like pb).

Beeing an admin is not an easy and fun job in my eyes. Yeah you can think "Wow, you can ban people." And i'm sure most of you do, but in here, you can't just take a day off of beeing admin.

So i can understand why admins don't want to play sometimes and sometimes miss something ingame.

This is also a big reason why some admins just go undercover all the time.. to stop the harassment and moaning and such.

But if they are doing a bad job, they can effectively 'lose' something.. a supporter can lose it's status, but why would kicking be a good thing if players would start to kick eachother and maybe start a kickfest (When a supporter won't take it that he's beeing kicked by a fellow supporter, etc.).

Leave it to the chosen people, they are considered most fit for it.

Good luck!

Zaraki

• Content Count:  4198

This will never happen.

Admins are chosen through a proper process, whereas supporters can just be random people who have little to no standing in the community (even if they are a regular, or whatever pre-requisite you want to put in place). If this is such a big deal then post a player complaint, contact an admin or even try and become one.

Regular, unscreened members will never have any administrative powers. It will just cause immense problems for everyone.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  219

You're mocking SG's maturity now r ya?

You must've gotten the wrong interpretation of what I was saying.

I'm not "mocking" anyone, and don't fucking put words in my mouth, Zaraki.

I'm just saying that every reason to not have it implemented came with a justifiable reason. Since all reasons outweighed the idea, then implementation isn't going to happen.

• Content Count:  4960

You must've gotten the wrong interpretation of what I was saying.

I'm not "mocking" anyone, and don't fucking put words in my mouth, Zaraki.

I'm just saying that every reason to not have it implemented came with a justifiable reason. Since all reasons outweighed the idea, then implementation isn't going to happen.

I wuz joking :]

Reply to Thread