? servers

? players online

"Kick" Feature for Supporters + Regulars

• Content Count:  421

everyone has made some good points here

but the original suggestion is just something that makes sense if you don't think about it.

it would be nice if there were some way to speed up the player report process, but once you think about it there isnt really much to be done.

Like zaraki said, people always think being an admin and having powers is awesome

but most people that think that, have never had admin

for those that do or have had it, we know that it Is in fact a pain in the ass, especially when you're always getting pm'd to come into a server to kick/ban someone. thats why many admins in SG go incognito, not just to conceal there SG status, but to not be bothered so they can enjoy gaming.

one last thing, if someone in the server is hacking/breaking rules

either go spec and demo them, or Leave the damn server and come back a later time

• Content Count:  219

thats why many admins in SG go incognito, not just to conceal there SG status, but to not be bothered so they can enjoy gaming.

I'm not so sure they go incognito to avoid us. Being an admin, if I understand, is to enjoy gaming and doing their job to keep the community safe and enjoyable...

Simple psychology:

If a player sees someone, (in this instance Paul because I like his picture) [sG] Paul, the player knows not to fuck up.

But if a player see just a regular name like, Buttcheeks or something, then the player doesn't know and if he/she fucks up, the admin can ban asap without uncovering their real identity.

Plus if we're friends with the admin(s), we're notified of their name change.

• Content Count:  1187

Not to be rude but we have nearly 150 admins

not to be rude to you guys but ill ask anadmin to join and they all we be like no im playing a game ask someone else...

• Content Count:  88

When I originally saw this thread I said damn someone stole my idea of suggesting trusted supporters got minimal admin powers. But after further reading I'm convinced that this isn't suited for SG ..

**Story Time!!**

Back in 07 this worked exceptionally well for a gmod community i played on mainly because they had 8 mostly-full to full servers but only 15 legit admins, and were almost never on any of the servers except for 2 or 3. Some servers had an admin on it only a couple times a week for an hour or 2 which prompted the community to turn to its many sup's for help(since the owner didn't want any more full admins). There were strict rules stating that no ordinary supporter could get selected, and any supporter-admin caught abusing their powers, depending on the severity you got stripped of all status, or banned temp.

This may have worked very well for them, but I don't see it going anywhere fast for SG and we all know why; "hint hint".

---Votekick/voteban is just a fail and should never be mentioned ever again. I cant tell you how abused those features get.

Plus there are 2 reasons why this would suck IMO....

Reason one, being an admin in every gaming community/group I've belonged to over the years(except for SG), whether it was just low level with just kick/mute access, or full blooded server control, has made me realize that being an admin will certainly ruin the fun(or at least make it less fun), and possibly drive you away from playing the game, or the groups servers(like it did with my last clan). Unless the server has like 20 admins on it all the time, you wouldn't need to do anything since another guy would take care of the problem before you can even act(which is great for me since I'm lazy :p). In my opinion its not worth the loss, especially if your a supporter and you loose your chat powers which I so madly love :d.

Reason two..... Sup powers > Admin powers

• Content Count:  2103

If you want admin powers, apply for admin. Simple.

If you dont get it, we clearly dont think you deserve it. Or you havent been dedicated enough to get noticed

Reply to Thread