? servers

? players online

Just wondering

• Content Count:  1371

Reg CS:S but with custom maps. There are fun nipper maps along with hundreds of other custom maps that are just dandy to play. Half of SG sucks at cs:s as it is, custom maps are generally really unbalanced and it's more about having fun with others than actually "scrimming" which is why most people don't bother playing on the reg server as it's mostly just for cs:s pros

i doubt anyone in SG is a css pro, and the server is dead 24/7 anyway so can't say anyone really plays in it :d

• Content Count:  11501

An AO in charge of Reg that can set it up / sustain it right & is good at making mini-leagues / full on leagues with some sort of prize for the winning team. Now that SG has credits, it wouldn't be hard to make budget-friendly competitions.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  4263

A) I had no idea we even had any of these servers, we could probably do with actually advertising them

B) No one plays "pro" on reg css servers, if someone who might be considered good plays, he plays for fun, don't screw around with server settings to try to attract/avoid

C) Developing a server is the same as always. You need one higher up willing to spend way too much time working on perfecting the server, plus around 10-15 regulars who will log onto the server every day at the same-ish time, which will form a base for building a server community

• Content Count:  2206

I like what Caution said :d SGSL but without $$. Use the SG credits or stuff like the winner of SGSL gets free supporter perks and a little extra stuff but not forever. Make it like a 3 month long thing. However long the season would be. However, don't make a ladder like the old SGSL was. If theres one thing I've learned its that leaving it up to the teams to play is never gonna work. You need to match each team up against each other and give them a set date. Obviously it'll be a bit more leaner then any real league as its nothing major just a bit of fun.

On the reg server, in my 5 years that I've been here and seen many reg servers go up and down its that nobody likes getting stomped. Caution for example used to be a powerhouse of SG. Everyone wanted to be on Cautions team unless you were a powerhouse like Xeno. When SGSL came along the teams were rediculously stacked because of the amount of good players vs people who don't know what they are doing. To truly enjoy reg you need to ban every good player from ever playing on it, or you want to aspire to be better. If your there just to have fun and theres 2 guys that are just stomping the whole server, its not going to work out cause your not gonna have fun and you are gonna leave. But if your truly trying to get better you'd stay because playing with people stomping you will get you better. The servers that are reg in other communities like EGO/Noob Galore are balanced skill wise. Nobody is so far out of everybodys league and even if they are theres so many people on it at one time it doesn't matter cause that person will die eventually. People cry and moan about awps. I think awping is fun. Is it fair to ban them because you don't think its fun? Honestly, if you can't kill an awper its sad. Rifles hold 30 bullets a clip and it takes about 5 seconds before you have to reload and its like .0001 seconds between each bullet. The awp time span between each bullet is like 1.3 seconds or something like that. Get over it. However, if you do add the competitive nature to it via a league and maybe do a CGS type of thing where you get idk 16 people as team captains and pick 7 people per team as a draft itll be much more balanced then letting everyone go and make their own team. Look at Team Dynamic for gods sake.

Also, we don't use Zombie Hell or Zombie Horde mod because it takes up a shit ton of resource.

Reply to Thread