? servers

? players online

Random Question: Cold Legs?

• Content Count:  3697

I didn't think this was strange, and until today, I thought my roommates were just scolding me on principle. But it really doesn't matter what temperature it is outside, if I go out in shorts, my legs never get cold (yet every time I do my roommates act as if it's the end of the world). The only time they get cold is if they touch something cold (like I wouldn't go rolling around in the snow or anything).

In fact my legs are usually only cold when I wear jeans, because the wind will blow my jeans tight against my legs, and then my legs will feel colder.

The same goes for my feet to a lesser extent. I mean sometimes in my house my feet feel cold. But they never feel "colder" if I'm outside in the cold until I'm in my sandals and brushing the snow off my car and it falls onto my feet. Then they feel colder until I brush the snow off my feet/the snow melts.

My legs also aren't extraordinarily hairy (maybe slightly hairier than average).

Anyone else notice their legs are never cold outside?

• Content Count:  11501

I have the reverse - my legs never get hot (not trolling). I always wear pants / sweats, never shorts. It can be 100+ outside and I still wear pants, and I do not feel any hotter as if I wasn't wearing them.

• Content Count:  3052

Its the same for me. My legs don't really ever get cold and its a plus so when I go skiing I can wear snowpants straight over my boxers without jeans or anything. But my feet are usually cold and I almost always wear socks whenever I can.

• Content Count:  6466

I didn't think this was strange, and until today, I thought my roommates were just scolding me on principle. But it really doesn't matter what temperature it is outside, if I go out in shorts, my legs never get cold (yet every time I do my roommates act as if it's the end of the world). The only time they get cold is if they touch something cold (like I wouldn't go rolling around in the snow or anything).

In fact my legs are usually only cold when I wear jeans, because the wind will blow my jeans tight against my legs, and then my legs will feel colder.

The same goes for my feet to a lesser extent. I mean sometimes in my house my feet feel cold. But they never feel "colder" if I'm outside in the cold until I'm in my sandals and brushing the snow off my car and it falls onto my feet. Then they feel colder until I brush the snow off my feet/the snow melts.

My legs also aren't extraordinarily hairy (maybe slightly hairier than average).

Anyone else notice their legs are never cold outside?

More blood flow goes to your legs making them warmer. You don't notice the cold until something touches the nerves on the skin of your legs?

• Content Count:  2844

I think you are just more used to the cold than your roommates. I can easily wear nothing but boxers and jeans on my legs though out the winter and I can say I'm pretty used to the cold even tho I'd rather be somewhere warm.

• Content Count:  4550

Why some people never feel cold while others never get warm

What your hands and feet touch in the house are always the same temperature (if we're talking about room temperature). Obviously different materials lose heat in different amounts. I don't know if where you live has carpets or floor tiles, but imagine stepping out the shower onto a towel and onto the floor. Your feet will feel colder on the floor because the floor loses heat quicker so it 'feels' colder when in fact they're both the same.

That being said, your legs and arms will generally feel less cold. On a cold day you should focus on your chest rather than rubbing your arms. You'll usually feel warmer wrapping your arms around the side of your chest.

• Content Count:  3697

Yea Im the same way I wear shorts all year around but my legs are really freaking hairy like my ass so I always thought thats what kept them warm or blood flow.

edgINkc.jpg

Do share more about how hairy your ass is. I'm confident everyone wants to know.

I don't know if I'd consider that really hairy, but I also don't regularly rate guys legs on how hairy they are, so it's purely speculation on my part (I may very well be wrong). But my legs are hairier than that, and I do presume it counts for something as far as keeping warm.

@Xeno Could very well be. Obviously I have no real way to know if my circulation is good or not, but it makes sense, especially given that when I give blood I usually finish in nearly half the time of my roommate. Although supposedly men usually give blood a little bit faster than women anyways. (It's usually like 6 minutes for me, 10 ish for her), and I never have to squeeze the squeeze-toy to pump blood faster.

@Spartan Also makes sense, and kind of reinforces Xeno's idea. That's probably the case, considering I'm almost always hot when nobody else seems to be (I usually call my parents lava demons because I'll ask to turn the thermostat down and my mom will say "NO, I'm freezing!"-she's probably on the opposite side of the spectrum).

Or maybe this is all too complex an explanation and really I'm just a fire wizard irl.

• Content Count:  2105

Do share more about how hairy your ass is. I'm confident everyone wants to know.

I don't know if I'd consider that really hairy, but I also don't regularly rate guys legs on how hairy they are, so it's purely speculation on my part (I may very well be wrong). But my legs are hairier than that, and I do presume it counts for something as far as keeping warm.

@Xeno Could very well be. Obviously I have no real way to know if my circulation is good or not, but it makes sense, especially given that when I give blood I usually finish in nearly half the time of my roommate. Although supposedly men usually give blood a little bit faster than women anyways. (It's usually like 6 minutes for me, 10 ish for her), and I never have to squeeze the squeeze-toy to pump blood faster.

@Spartan Also makes sense, and kind of reinforces Xeno's idea. That's probably the case, considering I'm almost always hot when nobody else seems to be (I usually call my parents lava demons because I'll ask to turn the thermostat down and my mom will say "NO, I'm freezing!"-she's probably on the opposite side of the spectrum).

Or maybe this is all too complex an explanation and really I'm just a fire wizard irl.

They look less hairy in the pic not sure why but every class iv been in iv always have had the most hairy legs

Reply to Thread