? servers

? players online

caution is hitting the midwest

• Content Count:  11501

sup

so as long as I don't have to do some gay deployment training, I plan on going to the midwest in november. driving up with a couple friends and the only real thing I have planned on so far is hitting up minnesota, wisconsin, and illinois. Like I said I don't have much planned...get drunk, maybe fight a moose, see chicago, and get drunk some more. tell me some cool shit to do that's in that general area. I'll be driving so distance isn't too big of an issue.

• Content Count:  2668

I don't see Iowa in that list. What's up with that? Mall of America is worth a trip in Minnesota. Culver's in Wisconsin taste better than anywhere else since it's taken more serious there. It's about has popular as McDonalds, if not more popular. Definitely worth a visit, I recommend trying Cheese Curds. If they are anything like the one I work at, Expect to spend 35 dollars on a meal that'd cost 2 dollars at McDonalds. Good food though.

• Content Count:  3052

Like I said I don't have much planned...get drunk, maybe fight a moose,

IN all honestly, a moose will fuck u up. good luck mate..

P.S. If you do try to fight a moose, please record it for our pleasure. thanks

• Content Count:  1120

Detroit is fine and has a handful of things to see if you avoid the rougher parts of town...well, which is the majority from what i hear now. Nvm, i agree with alb on this one. Avoid Detroit if you can unless you are one of those die hard Red Wings fans.

Obviously, "things to do" really depends on what kind of scene you are after but Chicago definitely offers a shit load in any category. Great museums, art, shows, shopping, restaurants, food, hotels and of course parties. However, I would also advise against walking through back alleys and the more seedier parts of the city. Might stumble into the homeless district or when it comes to crime and corruption, Chicago can certainly hold it's own when compared to any other of the less friendly places in the US.

If you have the chance and you haven't done so, you gotta swim in one of the great lakes. Suck it up if you think it's too cold in November. Can't beat fresh water like that. Swing by St. Louis and check out their stadium and take a ride up in the Arch if they still allow it.

Plenty of Nature type things if you want to see some of the rivers, hike, canoe, fish, hunt, hit some caverns, etc. Find the list of states you plan on driving through and search up their top destinations. Plenty of attractions that are free and don't require a 10-20$ entrance fee either.

Personally, I am a more nature scene type guy myself. Scuba diving in underground mines, float trips or kayaking, and occasionally killing some shit is what I prefer to do while in the midwest. Goodluck.

• Content Count:  6213

Mall of America is worth a trip in Minnesota.

Very true, huge mall and it's pretty fun. If you like to go fishing get a day fishing license and go fishing. We are the land of 10,00 lakes! Enjoy Minnesota, it's nice here.

Reply to Thread