? servers

? players online

E-cig thread

• Content Count:  2947

http://www.canvape.com/v/vspfiles/photos/V3IIIPROTANK-3.jpg

thats the E-Cig I have

Its a Kanger Tech Protank 3. newest one they built as far as I know. Im having to start to buy the stronger nicotine liquids because I'm getting used to it to much. Love it a lot Im smoking to a bare minimum now because of this thing. #worth

• Like 1

• Content Count:  175

The FDA has said that they are less harmful than normal cigarettes and that, "If we could get all of those people [who smoke] to completely switch all of their cigarettes to noncombustible cigarettes, it would be good for public health". Yeah people make mistakes and get addicted to things they probably shouldn't and I personally have only smoked cigarettes and cigars a couple of times at partys and such. But if e-cigs can provide a safer alternative to appease a nicotine addiction if should definitely be considered for those individuals.

Obviously smoking is the #1 lifestyle cause of death in the states and I would never condone it, but if an adult makes the choice to smoke that's their choice and theirs alone. Although, I don't like that these e-cigs seem to be targeting younger individuals with the candy flavours like the mentioned cotton candy.

"In the year 2000, The leading causes of death in 2000 were tobacco (435 000 deaths; 18.1% of total US deaths), poor diet and physical inactivity (365 000 deaths; 15.2%) [corrected], and alcohol consumption (85 000 deaths; 3.5%)." Those were the top 3, I suppose I should have used these more general terms instead of "sitting on ur ass, eating junk food, and getting drunk."

Smoking clearly isn't the only lifestyle choice that causes health issues.

"Electronic cigarettes: Are they safer than tobacco? Or are they a high-tech way to hook a new generation on a bad nicotine habit?

Nobody knows yet.

Research into the effects of e-cigarettes lags behind their popularity. But ready or not, the era of e-cigarettes is here. It’s a booming, billion-dollar industry -- on track to outsell tobacco products within a decade. The number of teens and tweens using these products doubled between 2011 and 2012."- http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/features/electronic-cigarettes

Better for the PUBLIC health, yeah, since they don't produce smoke. But outside of that, no one knows how harmful they can be, though some studies suggest they can cause heart problems. The WHO (not the band) just started assessing the evidence of how harmful e-cigs can be this month. But what is known is that they're not as safe, or harmless, as people make them out to be. And they're just as addicting as cigarettes. And like you said, their target demographic seems to be kids still in high school. Or at least that's who's been using them, more often than not. They're basically ushering in a new era of health problems and deaths for a quick buck or 2.

• Content Count:  330

Let me get this straight really quick. I don't smoke to be "cool" I do it for taste. "but frank", you'll say, "doesn't it taste like shit. and what about nicotine?" Well if you actually knew what you were talking about you would know you can get liquid that has no nicotine in it just flavoring. I don't do it to get women mainly because it doesn't. I just like the taste. Trust me though, there are idiots out there that do it to be "cool" or get women. And two of my friends who used to smoke at least a pack daily only smoke E-cigs now because you can ween off of nicotine with it.

• Content Count:  515

And two of my friends who used to smoke at least a pack daily only smoke E-cigs now because you can ween off of nicotine with it.
Really my only problem with E cigs is this. They advertise to help quit smoking(might actually work idk or care) then people use it as a substitute and continue smoking forever and claim they are quitting.

• Content Count:  3740

Really my only problem with E cigs is this. They advertise to help quit smoking(might actually work idk or care) then people use it as a substitute and continue smoking forever and claim they are quitting.

It's the addiction of the mouth sucking on a prick is what it truly is.

just kidding

• Content Count:  330

The one threw his away so he could actually quit.

• Content Count:  418

They're basically ushering in a new era of health problems and deaths for a quick buck or 2.

"Electronic cigarettes: Are they safer than tobacco? Or are they a high-tech way to hook a new generation on a bad nicotine habit?

Nobody knows yet.

I don't really care for the argument here, but you seem to be playing both sides of the spectrum.

• Content Count:  716

The only reason to bother with an e-cig is to put THC in it.

That being said it has been banned anywhere smoking a regular cigarette is (At least in this state). Kinda pointless unless it get's you high anyway...

That is all.

You can fill e-cigs with psilocybin too

Reply to Thread