? servers

? players online

Random Question of the Day [July 1, 2014]

• Content Count:  1950

This could have been asked before but I was interested:

How did you come across SteamGamers?

I'm very interested in seeing how people respond to this. For me I started back in '08 or so on ZE. I had a copy of CS:S and I wasn't ready to play the regular game so I decided to find some interesting servers with a lot of people to play in and I came across the ZE server filled with people after I just sorted the server browser for the server with the highest population and fell in love with ZE instantly. I ended up playing frequently on ZE then moved on to PB over some time and have since begun to play on basically all the servers.

• Content Count:  175

Back when my old community got ripped apart, I was in need of a new MG server. Most of them sucked but then I came across SG's, and it wasn't shit, so I added it to my favorites. This was like mid-2012. But I didn't start being active here until late march/early april. I was on hiatus from CSS since I'd played so much of it.

• Content Count:  1396

Saw jail break on the youtubes and i was like that looks cool im going to play it and so i hopped onto css and filtered prisonbreak or jailbreak and found SG and that is how i came here.

• Content Count:  2941

Late 2011, I was tired of playing on servers like HG and decided to look for other servers to play on.

I found the Minigames server and played on it for a while. I would stay up pretty late just playing course maps and all that.

Stumbled across SG's Deathrun server. Never heard of deathrun before so this was, to me, the only deathrun server to ever exist. I played on DR almost everyday and loved everyone who played. MPQC was the coolest admin I've ever played with in any gaming community.

Some of the guys who I played deathrun with are still around: Vinyl, Capp'n (JewishPuddingMan at the time), Pet Rock, R3TROATTACK, Spyder (Semtex/Carnage at the time). [sorry if I forgot any of you. :(]

I then attended one of the Napalm events held; I met Unnamed Newbie and JoeBundy. They convinced me to register on the forums. At first, I never really posted or anything. I'm pretty sure my first post was my introduction and then I gave away a copy of Dungeon Defenders which Kippe won. :p Too bad, that's all gone from the 2012 wipe.

After getting familiar with some of the players on deathrun, I decided to join the prison break servers. It was pretty much my first time ever playing it. I probably ended up freekilling people but quickly learned the rules. I never really played on CT team much back then. I was afraid of getting banned and being unable to ever play on the servers again.

That's pretty much it, I just played a lot more until now and ended up being promoted to SA where now I harass all of you. Especially those who name themselves after vegetables.

Edited by shoiep
rip me

• Content Count:  640

Haha well I searched the online servers for awhile went from surf rpg deathmatch maps to deathrun and I played for awhile and just got bored of them so I heard about something called minigames so I came across SG!!!:d Then here we are now! I Love this community:)

Reply to Thread