? servers

? players online

OnePlus products

• Content Count:  2001

I highly suggest you stay away from OnePlus, It seems as though they are straying away from the American Market and designing their phones more for the European markets. The LTE bands on their new phones such as the X has shown this.

• Content Count:  1385

Their main market focus is on India and China on the X due to the smaller prices and still pretty good specs. You should just check out the band support on the OnePlus 3 (if you're going for that) before buying it.

• Content Count:  39

I currently have owned the oneplus one for about a year now, I have cyanogen mod 12.1 and currently cannot upgrade due to my bootloader. I really enjoy the phone and this phone is more than enough for any tasks you need, let me know if you end up getting it :)

I would like to ask someone with forum permissions to change the threads name to "OnePlus products". I don't think there should be a new thread made for each phone tbh. @Caution @Nuclear Onion

Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------

The phone is set to launch by June 2016. In around 3 months from now.

Exclusive: The OnePlus 3 will launch by June

The new flagship phone from Chinese manufacturer OnePlus will sport a "new design," which the company hopes will captivate users as much as its first smartphone, the OnePlus One, did.

The phone will, reportedly, have a completely new design. Or well, something different from OnePlus Two, which in my opinion, is a great idea, because the OnePlus Two was very unimpressive compared to their first phone. While it did have certain improvements, I hardly noticed them (or at least I personally don't care for them).

They have also claimed that the US is very important to them. I think this comes after their OnePlus X didn't cover a lot of American bands and therefor was a pretty poor performer in that market.

Apparently, theres is a good chance they will drop the invite system altogether. And well, they should. Reading facebook comments alone kind of highlights how many people were dissatisfied by it. It was a good idea to start off with, not to mention a necessary one, but they are able to keep up with production now, so they no longer need it. That is why they said they will start using more traditional advertising, which I don't view that favorably (because it increases the price), but I guess they do have to get their phone known somehow.

According to renders leaked in December by Mobile Dad, the new OnePlus flagship device will sport a brushed steel look, a definite change from OnePlus' signature sandstone black back.

The design to me looks very, very good.

http://images.techtimes.com/data/images/full/179870/oneplus-3-concept-design-by-jermaine-smit.jpg?w=600

I think the brushed steel look is a great way to change things up. It also looks like it has a much better build quality than the past two phones. It will probably have different back covers as it usually does, which will allow the user to customize their phone a little bit.

In terms of internal memory and RAM, the upcoming OnePlus device is expected to be available in two variants: a 3GB RAM and 16GB internal memory combo and one with 64GB worth of internal memory matched with a speedy 4GB RAM.

Good enough for a phone, definitely. Basically the same as most other phones in the market.

Camera capabilities are pegged at 13MP and 5MP for the rear and front snapper, respectively.

The camera, compared to some other smartphones (on the OnePlus One and Two) was kind of lacking. So hopefully they manage to fix that in their upcoming OP3.

So far, no official estimated price has been revealed yet, but the fourth smartphone from the company is expected to be right about the price range of its predecessor when it was released. That makes its estimated price at $400.

I think the price is the best aspect of the phone. It's relatively cheap compared to many other phones. The Samsung S7 is supposed to be around 800$ for example. The LG G5 is a little bit cheaper assumed to be around 550$. Still, it's one of the cheapest phones on the market that you could consider buying.

After looking at a few more sites, they can't seem to agree on a price for the OP3. Some say it will be no more than 400$, others - 350$. I think it should be around the 350-450$ range.

So, all in all, it's probably a pretty good upcoming smartphone that is cheap. I think I am going to sell my older OnePlus One to someone and buy this one.

Oh and in regards to holding it's value. The OnePlus One was released in April 2014. People are selling them for around 250$ in Amazon. It cost me around 330-340$ when I initially bought it. Pretty good in my opinion.

Edited by Vy

Should probably mention that recently I've run into some software (ROM) problems.

However, before that I did root my phone (and later unroot it).

The newest version of Cyanogen (Operating system) wouldn't install due to some kind of signature errors. I tried installing the ROM myself manually, but that nearly bricked my phone. I ended up installing a custom recovery and the newest ROM from Cyanogens site. Next day the phone wouldn't boot up and I ended up reinstalling the ROM again.

It generally works fine though there's some minor kinks to it and I am unsure whether it's the phone itself or the ROM that's causing the issues.

I've had the phone for a year and around 3 months now, during that I didn't really run into huge issues (asides from the one mentioned above), though I wouldn't advise anyone that can't manually install ROMS (or can't be bothered to learn how to) to buy the phone. Then again, I don't really see any reason why anyone would buy the One, it's a two+ year old phone and the 3rd version is almost the same price as the One (original price)

I've got a well paying part-time job now so Ill probably buy an iPhone or something else that I like.

OnePlus 3 has been released. Costs around 400$.

Based on first impressions from a bunch of people, they kinda seem to like it. (except for the camera popping out of the body)

The thing is pretty slim and they've started to go with a more premium look (full aluminium unibody casing)

It's definitely worth a look if you don't want to spend ~800$ on a phone. Though it does have quite a few gimmicks like the 6GB ram out of which only 4GB really work with current software.

It's definitely better than the OnePlus 2, though in my opinion it still hasn't topped the 1 in terms of performance : price. Probably never will because they're moving into the higher tier phone market. They also released the 1 with the help of their parent company (only reason they were really able to do that tbh)

Reply to Thread