? servers

? players online

OnePlus products

• Content Count:  1459

The display on this phone is pathetic.

Yeah, but there have to be some sacrifices in order to get such a cheap phone. And HTC has had an amazing 1080p screen on their flagship One's and I don't have any problems with it tbh.

• Content Count:  1592

The display on this phone is pathetic.

Going higher than 1080p on phones is pathetic to me, unless you're going for mobile VR. (unless you mean the OLED panel itself, not the resolution)

• Content Count:  2001

Going higher than 1080p on phones is pathetic to me, unless you're going for mobile VR. (unless you mean the OLED panel itself, not the resolution)

But what is this strange new Optic AMOLED screen technology, you might wonder? Don’t worry, you haven’t missed the next revolution in display manufacturing. Optic AMOLED seems to be no more than a marketing term that OnePlus uses to describe its specific calibrations and adjustments done for an otherwise regular AMOLED panel. The company says it performed some specific gamma corrections. However, we see nothing impressive on this front – just a boosted contrast level, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

This brings us to the actual colors. Put simply: this is one of the worst displays on a phone that has some serious ambitions.

Colors on the OnePlus 3 looks unnaturally bluish, and are way overblown, resulting in nearly neon-like nuances. Such bluish displays were often seen on cheaper Android phones a couple of years ago, but it’s quite a shock to see such poor color rendition on a modern, presumably high-end phone.

Getting a bit more technical, it seems that OnePlus is targeting the NTSC color gamut, which is a bad practice given that most (if not all) content on the web including photographs, video and the whole Android system is made for the sRGB color standard.

OnePlus failed on the screen on this phone, normally the hardware on the phones are great. Display on this one is disappointing.

• Content Count:  1740

I have my OnePlus 3 around 3 days now and I love it to death. Such an awesome phone and really fast. The FPR is also really handy.

The display is really good, so no idea why some people say it's pathetic. It's an AMOLED display, can't be that bad.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1385

I am really thinking of buying the thing. Though considering my OP1 is still going good it's a pretty tough choice...

• Content Count:  1385

As a person, that still uses an Xperia S, I'm most likely buying one this month...probably with some dbrand skins.
I am thinking of selling my OnePlus One and getting the three. Wanna share your experience with the phone once you get it? Would help a lot!

• Content Count:  1592

I think it's about time I make a personal review of OnePlus 3.

Starting off with the Display - as previously stated no need for more than 1080p and it feels great (also gives you option to tweak color balance and switch to sRGB mode if you wish).

Performance - 11/10. With flagship specs and 1080p display (cpu - snapdragon 820 and adreno 530 gpu + 6gb ram) it wrecks everything. Silky smooth experience, especially if you're not going for mobile VR.

OxygenOS (stock one) - It's basically vanilla android with plenty of tweaks, features available to use, which is neat. They are not a gimmick btw.

Battery life - Having a 3000mAh battery is in my opinion more than enough. I could easily last a whole day without charging, but I'm trying to follow the rules of improving it's longevity (between 10% - 90%, charging whenever I can etc.).

To let you imagine the usage: starting with around 90% battery, I've played Pokemon Go for around 3h with 50% - 100% screen brightness and screen always on, without the Battery Saver function in the app, ending the session with 45% left.

As for the 6gb of RAM - I feel like it's overkill for me, because I have a trait of clearing everything after each app, but nonetheless it's a huge amount and shows it's power when running 10+ apps in memory.

Build Quality - Nothing too special, it just looks gorgeous. There's that premium feel of the aluminium unibody and the phone isn't too slippery like some others (ie. s7). You'll need a case that's for sure.

Button placements - I really enjoy the slider for notification on the side that lets you switch modes. Volume buttons are easy to press, aswell as the power button.

The fingerprint scanner is awesome. It's reliable and insanely fast and allows you to have multiple fingers scanned.

Camera - I haven't taken any photos yet, but a lot of people actually praise it for it's quality photos and in-app post processing. Don't know if it's that good, but I'm going to take their word for it.

In conclusion: For this price you're getting a fantastic piece of technology that performs equally/or even better than 2016 flagship phones, that cost way more than that.

• Like 1
Edited by Punky

Reply to Thread