? servers

? players online

My 70s-80s art skin contest entry!

• Content Count:  2579

Hi SG, Polycount is running a contest with 6 weapons that will be in the next csgo case. They are:

Covert: AK-47

Classified: M4A4

Restricted: AWP

Mil-Spec: Desert Eagle, PP-Bizon and MP9

I made a MP9 skin and entered the Polycount contest to the next csgo case. The theme is 70s-80s sci-fi art.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685388037

I'm looking for YES's (more visibility, the better) and CONSTRUCTIVE critisism. I'll look forward making more of them and if you even have some suggestions for future skins, tell me what to do next and on which weapon. I prefer going with the 3 mil-spec weapons since they are less popular than the top 3 weapons, which are swarmed with awesome skins already.

Thank you very much!

• Content Count:  5381

It's not bad.... but I doubt they would even consider Putting it into the game as it would open themselves up to lawsuits seeing as you basically slapped space invaders icons onto a black background with blue dots.

Honestly I hope @floffypus gets some of his work in because almost all of his shit is amazing.

• Content Count:  5063

If i can give one advise, dont upload unless you made 95% of the skin from scratch. Skins with copied stuff from google usually look like it too, which give a really bad first impression on most people and especially on the people picking skins for cases. Using copyrighted material also wont get you anywhere unfortunately.

@Delirium Thanks man, i sure hope so too :)

This is one of my entries for the contest

cd7thumbnailimage.jpg

This was made long before the contest, so its not that 70-80's stylized, but it goes well under sci fi i think.

Edited by floffypus

• Content Count:  2579

If i can give one advise, dont upload unless you made 95% of the skin from scratch. Skins with copied stuff from google usually look like it too, which give a really bad first impression on most people and especially on the people picking skins for cases. Using copyrighted material also wont get you anywhere unfortunately.

@Delirium Thanks man, i sure hope so too :)

This is one of my entries for the contest

cd7thumbnailimage.jpg

This was made long before the contest, so its not that 70-80's stylized, but it goes well under sci fi i think.

It's not bad.... but I doubt they would even consider Putting it into the game as it would open themselves up to lawsuits seeing as you basically slapped space invaders icons onto a black background with blue dots.

Honestly I hope @floffypus gets some of his work in because almost all of his shit is amazing.

I don't expect much for this skin, was mainly a test to get used to 3dcoat and ps all together. I also doubted that Space Invaders won't make it into the game since it really is copyrighted.

Also,thats why I added you floffy,I was looking for tips to make something out of scratch since these little monsters weren't. I could have made them myself, it would have been ugly and all tho. Thank you tho for the tips!

Edited by Luke
Fixed your quote for you.

Reply to Thread