? servers

? players online

Armour for Ts and next round freedays

• Content Count:  10

(On the subject of next round freedays) I dont understand why this option for a next round freeday was removed. Considering that next round freedays do speed up current rounds and that they give a chance for a T to explore (or rebel) it isnt fair to other players in current round that want the next round lrs and when they arent given to them they (delay) the round (which upsets everyone) and that I think it make for a smoother more friendly enviroment with this option readded. Now (on the subject of Ts having armour) I believe that it is unfair in certain situations (for example a knife fight) that CTs have armour and therefore take less damage which in order to compensate they have to do some ridiculous rule like right-clicks only or in a regular knifight CTs are guarenteed a win most if not all the time unless the ts were to cheat in some way. So I believe that if the Ts were given armour they would have a more fair challenge and lrs would be more fun because their chances of death in a legit knife fight go down alot.It also the same with any other 1v1 lrs.

-scoot504 Jailbreak

• Content Count:  2983

Next round freedays lead to delays, because they'll just go around the map until LRs are being given which is around less than a minute. T's should never have armor, and I'm pretty sure it's been rejected before. Ts can request CTs to have a right click only fight because it is fair for both CT and T, and no one will have an unfair advantange.

• Content Count:  5674

People will grant a T a next round freeday, kill them, and revoke it the next round. It's stupid for CTs to be able to get free kills like that. As for Ts and getting armor, on some maps there is certain ways for them to get armor but I don't think it's necessary for them to have it. What's the problem with doing right clicks only for a knife fight? Or just don't choose that as an LR.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2589

Free day LR is not coming back. It was removed because the entire point of a LR is to speed up the round. Players would essentially do nothing the entire round, then ask for a freeday next round as their LR to only do nothing again and ask for another freeday next round. Another issue Dominic pointed out was people would revoke it, which I was fine with, but then people would complain. A third issue was the fact that it often led to accidental freekills because people would lose track of which player did or did not have a freeday. And lastly, the whole principle of it was stupid. From the role play aspect, a last request is the last thing you do before you die...why would you request to have something the next day, after you're already dead.

As for the armor for Ts, you're entire point is that it ruins knife fights. But the entire reason CTs have armor, is because they're at a disadvantage number wise. Based on your point, we might as well just remove armor from CTs then. We're not going to add armor to Ts or remove it from CTs.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  422

Giving armour to Ts is just too situational, it would only work in a few moments like the knife fight you mentioned. However, the CTs are usually outnumbered 1:2, and they already have bad aim. Many frequent PB users have had no problem rebelling without armour. It's already hard enough for the CTs to control a bunch of screaming Ts, why make it harder to make them control reinforced players.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2579

Giving armour for Ts would be insanely broken. I can't see myself tanking one or two shots while rebelling, it'd be too easy. Some maps like spy and blackops do include spots where prisonners can get armour, but you gotta reach them. When you ask for a right click knife fight and the CT agrees, he can't cheat. I don't see any reason to give armour to prisonners.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

Next round freedays suck because it leads to delays, like @nick said.

Plus, we have an entire thread on why we shouldn't give T's armor. You can read it for yourself: http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62162

Even after all that discussion on Kevlar, I still believe it would be deemed unfit because of how much of an advantage T's would have against CT's. CT's have it hard already with the responsibility of keeping track of at most 16 people. Add that with the T's having opportunities to obtain weapons that can be found all around the map, and it would be completely T-sided.

Edit: Yes, I know the aforementioned thread deals with CT HELMETS, but it still contains information that is relevant to this topic.

• Like 1
Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  10

scoot504;823074'](On the subject of next round freedays) I dont understand why this option for a next round freeday was removed. Considering that next round freedays do speed up current rounds and that they give a chance for a T to explore (or rebel) it isnt fair to other players in current round that want the next round lrs and when they arent given to them they (delay) the round (which upsets everyone) and that I think it make for a smoother more friendly enviroment with this option readded. Now (on the subject of Ts having armour) I believe that it is unfair in certain situations (for example a knife fight) that CTs have armour and therefore take less damage which in order to compensate they have to do some ridiculous rule like right-clicks only or in a regular knifight CTs are guarenteed a win most if not all the time unless the ts were to cheat in some way. So I believe that if the Ts were given armour they would have a more fair challenge and lrs would be more fun because their chances of death in a legit knife fight go down alot.It also the same with any other 1v1 lrs.

-scoot504 Jailbreak

After reading all of the responses I can agree that yes it would be uncalled for and would give the Ts advanteges. But with the a Freeday next round not allowed or any next round lr for that matter is justifiable becuase its hard for the cts to watch them. Thanks for the input! Greatly appreciate it! definitley wont be my last forum post! Have a good day everyone! -scoot504 Jailbreak

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.