? players online

Replace jb_clouds_final4 with jb_clouds_beta2  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Replace jb_clouds_final4 with jb_clouds_beta2

• Hell Yes!!!
    • No, I like outdated stuff.

Jailbreak: jb_clouds

• Content Count:  678

The previous request for this map is over a year old and since then the map has seen a few updates. The reason for requesting this map to replace jb_clouds_final4 is it will improve the opportunities available to the prisoners and give the guards more options, both for orders and for places to observe prisoner actions. Here I will give a comprehensive review of the map, as well as the differences and changes between clouds4 and cloudsb2 (the version I am requesting). I would also like to point out this is the last version of clouds, as the creator has decided there is no more he wanted to do.

Main Cell Block/Armory

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15237[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15237[/ATTACH]

With the massive amount of change in this map, Main cells and armory seem relatively the same. There were only minor changes I could find. The most noticeable of those being the addition of a stone block with a ladder, most likely to give CTs an extra spot to stand to keep from being backstabbed. This is actually quite a large change as the only good spots for CTs were on top of cells, in one-way box, and standing behind the tree.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15238[/ATTACH]

The Armory has also had a minor increase in selection as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15240[/ATTACH]

Last but not least a new secret was added.

A ladder was added behind the cells, accessible from the top of cells as a new way to get under the tree

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15241[/ATTACH]

• Like 3
Edited by Enderspine

Main Prison

To ease explanation, I will be separating this area into three parts, as shown below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15243[/ATTACH]

Part One

Most of this area is unchanged, with the exception of the disco has new music, the flash next to the mac-10 is no longer inside the box (it is now behind the billboard) and a smoke was added behind the barrels at the far corner of Bhop. There is three additions to this area, those being Wheel of Fortune, Volleyball, and Wipeout.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15244[/ATTACH]

Somehow, I missed this on my first pass through. There are teleporters for what i imagine is the Traitor deathgame located next to the breakable wall to disco. The teleporters have a button that must be shot to open.

Part Two

Here, the colors and tic-tac-toe have had a a reskin. There has also be added a dodgeball, maze and surf.

Also a new teleporter added. I'm keeping this one to myself. ^.^

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15245[/ATTACH]

Part Three

Here, we can see multiple changes to the map. The Climb was redone, as well as giving the Extreme Climb a new door with a button that must be shot to open. To the left, we can see a DeathCrate, as well as a Teleport Tower (the first combo always seems to be red blue, btw). There is also a Rock Wall, which I really thought would have at least some nades tucked away, but alas, there were none. There is one problem with the map here, and that is that I believe there is supposed to be a Scout or two on top of the Teleport Tower, but I think Smogg forgot to add them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15246[/ATTACH]

Side Note about the Rock Wall. You would think this thing would be a pain in the ass to climb by looking at it, but actually it is clipped quite beautifully. It even has invisible walls to keep anyone from simply air strafing around the wall.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15247[/ATTACH]

• Like 1
Edited by Enderspine

New Surf

Finally, there has been a Surf implemented. Upon entering surf, "Server cvar 'sv_airaccelerate' changed to 100". This remains as long as there is a player in Surf. I am unsure if there is a way to edit this so only players in Surf get this effect or not, but it is required to perform the surf. [EDIT: Tested the surf, and it is possible to do on sv_airaccelerate 50, yet is much harder.]

There is also a Scout and a Deagle available to anyone skilled at surfing, that would be impossible to get without sv_airaccelerate 100. The other way to get to this island is on the CT boosted area near the start.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15248[/ATTACH]

Also, There's a neat Helicopter ride for anyone who beats the Surf ^.^

New Extreme Climb

Just as we see the normal climb was redone, so was the bigger brother. While the regular Climb was made easier, Ex. Climb was made much harder and longer. This Climb has more medics strewn about and at the end, nets you an Incendiary grenade. CTs are teleported straight to the end, which is at the top, while Terrorists are teleported at the bottom of the climb. There's also no annoying water sounds, as Smogg found a way to cancel falling damage without it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15250[/ATTACH]

• Like 1
Edited by Enderspine

Miscellaneous Changes

The metal detector no longer takes players custom knife skins away, and the default knives on the side are gone as a result of this change.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15251[/ATTACH]

The one way box next to jumprope is no long OP, as a texture was added. This makes this spot more for Terrorists to hide rather than CTs to camp safely. An interesting note about this is that the one way box in Main Cellblock is unchanged.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15252[/ATTACH]\

Strangely, chickens are much less likely to fall off of edges. I have no idea how this is possible.

Many of the buttons on this map are near edges, making !stuck abuse a higher possibility.

A lot of new decals and graffiti art were added.

Blocks and random static props were added in precise spots to give more cover in firefights.

The teleporter next to Jumprope above the nerfed one way box now teleports you near the Ump teleporter on top of cells instead of into Iso.

Teleporting back to main cells as a CT will put the player on top the block next to the metal detector.

I have no idea how, but somehow I made the invisible block that you jump onto to get to armory visible. This may be a timer, or may be a button or may be activated by doing something (beating Ex. Climb). I will test this further.

CTs now get 999 ammunition in reserve for all weapons spawned from the armory.

Cell Doors automatically open after one minute has passed.

Soccer Ball no longer carries momentum after scoring and being teleported to center.

Invisible wall added to keep Terrorists from knifing the door button into Traitor Deathgame,

Added a Flash and an HE nade below the tree in main cell.

• Like 1
Edited by Enderspine

or you can just edit all these reserved posts to the original once you find something new and not spam your own thread lmao

I cannot put more than five pictures per post

• Content Count:  742

This looks pretty sick, and seeing as I hate the current version of clouds, I'm down to try this out. Might wanna make this one a poll too so we can vote on it.

EDIT: Forgot to say, props on the detailed layout and effort that you put into explaining the map and its changes.

EDIT 2: This is now a poll, albeit a very edgy one, thank you Goku xd

• Like 1
Edited by MyHobos
How do I even make polls rip

• Content Count:  2589

Will download the map and check it out when I get the chance. Will add it to the list of maps to test on the server soon. Likely will be Tuesday if things don't change. Our work schedule this week is up in the air since we had to fire someone Thursday.

• Like 2