? servers

? players online

What do you enjoy most about streamers/streaming?

• Content Count:  1612

Long story short, in the past couple months, I've been working on getting my stream back together. Upgrading hardware, running quality tests, and removing eye-gouging graphics in an attempt to make a decent layout.

My question is for stream watchers: What catches your attention? What keeps you interested or entertained? Do you keep with the streamers schedule, or just join whenever you receive a notification?

I'm attempting to stray away from unmanned plug-ins and operations such as automatic messages playing for a small donation. Ill probably have something on the side for me to read out, but automatic messages are just a target for shenanigans. Just like previously, I intend to not just make this a live youtube video, but instead an interactive stream like it was meant to be.

What really irritates you with streamers? If you could change one thing about how most people stream, what would it be?

ITT twitch/hitbox/streaming general

TL;DR What makes a streamer and stream not suck?

• Content Count:  2730

I love to watch streamers who are kind of chill. Ones that play music in the background, so if it get quiet there is something to fill the silence.

One thing that bugs be is bad layouts for all the stream overlays.

Good luck with streaming.

• Content Count:  1401

I like streamers that keep it simple. Like without any bullshit stuff on screen that the viewers see all the time. Like donation counters and stuff.

Also most streamers I watch have some interaction with the viewers, makes it waaaayyy more fun. May it be just regular chat or actually making decisions together if it were a story based game like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. I know that's a bit hard if you're playing csgo or anything fast paced.

About schedule when to stream.. it depends, I mostly just hop on a stream when I'm bored or I use it in the background and lurk. But its nice to know when someone is gonna stream, but in a general way like "definitely not on Wednesdays and Thursdays" since you cant always predict when you can or cant stream.

Btw let me know when you're gonna start streaming, I'll come and annoy you.. I mean support and be nice :swagllama:

• Content Count:  3052

I do watch a good amount on streamers and these things grab my attention:

-streamers who interact with chat

-most streams I watch do have music playing

-acknowledge followers/donators (even better if you set up your own alert sounds)

-nightbot - for commands /faq questions

-mic/cam

-as far as schedule... If you can set specific times and stick with it, do it. If not, setup a twitter and use that to let your followers know

Edited by Labarr

• Content Count:  4441

I streamed mainly LoL and Arma 2 : OA DayZ for a year or so and have some experience I can share with you.

Having a webcam is incredibly important for me, because though I'm there for the game I really enjoy to see their reaction and read whether they're a fake viewer dick sucker streamer or a genuine entertainer. For me the biggest thing I like seeing in a streamer is just a real as fuck person that can be funny. Have Nightbot and noticeable but not overdone stream overlays (dont add loud obnoxious sub sound clips). If you're trying to build viewers and stream on Twitch I highly recommend you stick to one game or be EXTREMELY charismatic and entertaining. Even big streamers like Summit1g, LIRIK, Sodapoppin, and Dyrus all hit massive view count dives when they aren't playing their traditional games. Set up a nice looking theme with somewhat matching Icons / Buttons and a decent looking overlay. Hotkey your scenes on OBS/XSplit to keys on your mouse and/or NUMPAD to make for very easy transitions. Depending on what game you're playing Music is fine though I don't recommend it for games like CS:GO nor Arma 3. Setting up specific times to Stream while it's extremely annoying and a tight constraint can sometimes be the best way to get viewers to return over and over. Know what you're doing before your stream is even turned on (unless you would like the viewers to decide), have your games already predecided so you don't have too much downtime.

MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ABOVE.

Make sure you know what kind of streamer you are. If you aren't funny, don't try to be funny. There are plenty of entertaining streamers who are all around terrible at being funny but are extremely entertaining to watch because of the quality of their play. You know yourself better than anyone, so adjust your attitude accordingly and be yourself.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5055

The only time I'll watch a stream is when someone like @marymurder decides to show me one so I have to watch it.

I'd personally only watch a streamer if they're simple and too the point. Also if they don't clutter up the screen with useless crap that no one wants to see. They have to have a funny and playful personality and also being able to listen to their viewers.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

So, I am dicking around with quality of and overlay. I dropped a stream on my old channel, and this is what I'm working with now:

Compared to...before...

That overlay was ugly, made in 5 minutes, and people still watched.

Thoughts?

Reply to Thread