? servers

? players online

Apple V Android

• Content Count:  1385

After my iPhone 4 I moved over to my Xperia Z2. Oh man I loved that phone and had it until it broke when I accidentally dropped it in the floor and the screen broke completely. What I like about Anroid is that they have always been about 2 years ahead of iOS in development when it comes to hardware. Not to mention you can use SD-cards, some of them support dual-sim which have made my life easier as I use two phone numbers. One at job and one in my private life. Makes me longer have to use two separate phones. Water- and dustproof have started to become more and more common among the Android phones as well. The Anroid phones use the same chargers, which makes it easy to find a charger to borrow from a friend if your phone is running low. I could keep this up all day. But my point is that iOS wins when it comes to software and Android when it comes to hardware.

TL;DR -

iOS = Better at software

Android = Better at hardware

Except that's not true?

Dual-sim cards
Can't have those due to carriers, not due to hardware constraints. They've been also working on a neutral carrier-free sim. Besides, many people who get dual-sims primarily get it to save money. Apple isn't targeted towards such an audience.

SD-cards
First of all, they've even dropped the headphone jack due to space constraints. I can't imagine them putting an SD-card reader there with all the stuff they already have in there. Secondly, the fuck do you need one? I understand the need for them when 512 MB was nearly impossible to grasp, but when you have 32 GB as the starting option (and 128 GB as the next best one) I can hardly understand the need for more space. I've had a phone with 64 GB of storage space and have never been able to fill it up, except when I literally used my phone as a USB stick to carry movies. Thirdly, here's an answer on Quora:

Making a good UI for a memory card is a pain in the ass. Especially on an iPhone which does not expose the filesystem to the user. Technically a memory card should be able to carry applications, but what happens if you are running one when you pull the card? What if that app hasn’t saved it’s data? If we decide that is too much of a pain to support and we only allow data, how does that work? On iOS an application and it’s data are “one unit”, the only exception is system apps like Photos that have an interface for other apps to pull photos out, and save photos in. Oh, and sort of stuff that uses iCloud.

Would it be good enough to just the card for photo storage? Well, some photo storage. Because well what happens when you are operating on photos and pull the card?

So what is the minimum functionality that is acceptable for a memory card? What UI does it need? How much impact does that have on the rest of the iPhone UI? How many people will need to work on that for how long? Is this more important then iPhone existing iPhone features? (if so, which ones? If not, well that is a reason we don’t have memory card slots).

Water- and dustproof have started to become more and more common among the Android phones as well.
iPhone 7 is waterproof and the iPhone 6s was kinda waterproof (held up well in water, but wasn't officially waterproof).

In regards to other hardware, iPhones have basically all the best you can have. Their batteries last longest (in regards to cycle count), the read/write speeds on their phones are insane, their processors are very low power, don't heat up that much and are optimized with the software insanely well. Nearly all their components are the best you can get for a phone at the time they release it.

• Content Count:  4123

Android is great, I get much better battery life on the iPhone 7 plus, android 8.0 will be better for battery life.

iPhone has pretty much the same apps,. Both are great phones so either one is great.

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Reply to Thread