? servers

? players online

Apple V Android

• Content Count:  788

Android boy for life.

With my experiences on the iPhone, it was like trying to learn a 3rd language. It might be a greatly optimized phone, but if you're trying to convert from Android to Apple, take your time to learn how the layout works and where everything is.

Exact opposite as you, always been an Apple boy, but same thing like you said learning Android is like learning a 3rd language. Just way too lazy to make the switch.

• Content Count:  11501

I'll never go back to an iphone again.

I lied.

My first android was an LG G3. Great phone with awesome (the best at the time) picture and video capabilities. It was actually incredibly cool because the front case was like a horizontal flap that, when closed, had a circle in the middle that made the phone display a really neat, old fashioned clock. It was very clean looking. The phone started to shit the bed after about a year or so, and the battery actually had been fucked up somehow, but not from physical damage. Because the G4 had already came out by this time, nobody carried G3 batteries. I checked everywhere, even local battery stores. I needed a phone immediately, because I needed my phone always on in case my junior Marines needed to reach me for some reason.

I got a Note 5 after. Great phone, once again, for the first 9-12 months. Started running super slow and flat out ridiculous. I did everything, including a restore. I love, love, love android the first 9 months. The capabilities of what you are allowed to do are vastly superior to the iphone...but the iPhone is much more stable. Hell, I still have my old 3GS, and it still boots, runs, etc, no problem. I wanted Android to take this second chance and redeem itself - I really, really did. I don't even do dumb shit on my phone, so I have no idea why they all shit the bed with Android.

So now I have a 7+. Also got an iPad to take with me when I fly planes - there is a pretty nifty app only on the apple store that allows you to plan flights, get airport info, etc.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1719

I have had iPhone 4. I must say I liked it back then. Imo iOS has always been one step ahead of Android in most ways when it comes to how user friendly it feels and how good it looks. I liked my iPhone back then but if there's one thing I despise about iPhone's it would be that they force you to use their damn iTunes just to transfer some files! Why the hell shouldn't I be permitted to just drag and drop like I can on the other brands? The other thing that grinds my gears about iPhones is how locked up you are with it. There are so many restrictions on an iPhone of what an app can do or what you as a user can do unless you jailbreak it.

After my iPhone 4 I moved over to my Xperia Z2. Oh man I loved that phone and had it until it broke when I accidentally dropped it in the floor and the screen broke completely. What I like about Anroid is that they have always been about 2 years ahead of iOS in development when it comes to hardware. Not to mention you can use SD-cards, some of them support dual-sim which have made my life easier as I use two phone numbers. One at job and one in my private life. Makes me longer have to use two separate phones. Water- and dustproof have started to become more and more common among the Android phones as well. The Anroid phones use the same chargers, which makes it easy to find a charger to borrow from a friend if your phone is running low. I could keep this up all day. But my point is that iOS wins when it comes to software and Android when it comes to hardware.

I even at one point tried out Windows phones. It was a Microsoft Lumia 950 Dual sim. But that was only back when it was such a huge lack of dual sim-phones on the market and the Windows Phone's felt like they have a lot to catch up on if they ever want to become a serious brand on the market and not die out like Nokia did. Now dual-sim is finally starting to appear more and more on the Anroid market as well. Hence why I'm back on Android again with my Motorola Moto Z Play.

TL;DR -

iOS = Better at software

Android = Better at hardware

• Content Count:  1740

Android Phone. Cuz I don't like getting ripped off and pay more for Apple products, just cuz they have a half eaten Apple logo on the back, it's not justified to pay €300 more.

• Content Count:  108

I prefer apple, used the products for many years now. I dont use my phone for too many things but when I do I know that I can and not have any problems. I can usually got for a few years using the same phone too which is kind of nice. I think the longest time I went with using the same iPhone was right around 3 years.

• Content Count:  788

This thread was revived two and a half months later???

The day old question, as an iPhone user all my life, I can't stand to ever even put an android phone in my hand.

Anyways, I've suspiciously been having a lot of problems with my iPhone 6 because of the iPhone 7 release :suspicious:

My phone has a terrible battery life for some reason and tends to power off at either 1% like it's supposed to, or at a new high in the last week was at 48%. I can charge it overnight and watch a single youtube video in the morning and be at 70%.

That being said, I don't know if Android has anything like Apple has with iMessage, (where you can be notified if someone has read your text message if they have an iPhone as well) but that is a really big seller for me. I'm so used to it at this point it would be a terrible transition to go without it.

• Content Count:  470

This thread was revived two and a half months later???

Anyways, I've suspiciously been having a lot of problems with my iPhone 6 because of the iPhone 7 release :suspicious:

My phone has a terrible battery life for some reason and tends to power off at either 1% like it's supposed to, or at a new high in the last week was at 48%. I can charge it overnight and watch a single youtube video in the morning and be at 70%.

That being said, I don't know if Android has anything like Apple has with iMessage, (where you can be notified if someone has read your text message if they have an iPhone as well) but that is a really big seller for me. I'm so used to it at this point it would be a terrible transition to go without it.

There's a known battery problem with the 6, I believe. I saw and article online saying that if it had a certain serial code, you can contact Apple and they will give u a replacement for free. Try and see if it applies to your phone.

• Content Count:  3440

I will preface this post with the following: I have personally owned 2 iPhones and 4 Android phones.

I have family and friends that use iOS devices (that I have to support) including my wife (who now regrets the purchase) has an iPhone 6s.

That being said, from strictly a support standpoint I absolutely hate the iPhone. Sure they are generally speaking user friendly and sure most things "Just work", the problem comes in when something doesn't "just work", then your fucked and there is little or no recourse.

Whereas with Android you have tons of ways to either find an open source solution, or make your own.

The support issue is a big one for me I have to deal with it on a regular basis. Not only does the iOS system lock things out, it promotes a user base that doesn't understand why or how things work (nor do they care to learn). They just throw their hands up in the air and say "It doesn't work, fix it!" without attempting to find a solution for themselves. Generally speaking this is not a good thing. My experience both with phone support and with desktop/laptop support has been very much the same.

The Apple (iOS/OSX) environment promotes/breeds a dumber user base in general. Before you get offended... I know that I am speaking in generalizations and that there are many sophisticated Apple users out there. However out of the 15,000 users I support, those that contact me for support have proven time and again that my point is valid.

Let me give you some basic numbers from over 10+ years of support data we've collected. (We track all support cases and yes these numbers change over time, this is the current status using the data we have available here at work)

• We receive 64% more support calls from Apple users than all other OS's combined.
    To clarify if I have 1 Android and 1 iPhone user the iPhone user will call me 64% more for support than the Android user will.
  • The average warranty for Apple products is 40% shorter (after purchasing Apple care, as and additional note the non-Apple laptops cover accidental damage and spills where Apple does not)
  • The apple desktops/laptops run roughly 25% fewer applications (This is after accounting for duplicates, ie: 500 versions of Sudoku = 1 application) This becomes very important in specialized fields such as statistics or cartography where you have a stricter requirement or need.
  • The average cost for similar hardware (ie: same cpu, ram, video, warranty, etc) is currently around 15%-25% higher for Apple products.
    I will admit the price gap seems to be getting smaller.

For those reasons and MANY MANY more... I will not be switching to Apple now, or ever for that matter.

That doesn't mean Apple makes a bad product, I just can't support a user experience that at the core is designed to cater to and promote knowing less about what your device does/is doing.

This is just my 2 cents after 15+ years of IT support at a University level.

Reply to Thread