? servers

? players online

Finding a job

• Content Count:  501

Just turned 16 a few days ago, and I would like to get a job now :) there's a few fast food places near me that I've applied to, but if theres definitely other jobs I'd take over working there.

So does anyone know any online jobs that pay at least minimum wage that a 16 yr old like me can get?

• Content Count:  1403

I started working at fast food when I was 14 (I knew the people that owned the store) been working there for a good 4 years now. All I have to say is if you really want a job with little to no effort try asking around and see if you can find someone that you know that either owns or manages a store that you can apply to. Also if your friends work somewhere try applying to those places. They could put a good word in for you. All the best funky.

• Content Count:  2579

Online jobs are not what you want to be doing. You won't acquire experience as many jobs won't take "I sat at my computer for 2 years making money" as experience for a job irl. I started working at 14 at my old school, basically being janitor during the summer. Now if you want a few tips to help you getting a job;

- Stand out. If you apply somewhere, look proud of yourself, but not too much. Don't get in a store with 10 resumes, giving them one, that just shows you don't want to work THERE, but want to work ANYWHERE.

- Look determined, sure of yourself. Smile to the boss, tell him how much you'd like to work for him.

- Wear clean stuff. I'm the type of guy that wears jogging and metal merch, but get yourself a clean shirt and jeans, at least for the times you'll be seeing your future employer.

- Don't chew gum, don't have a cellphone in your hands.

- Try! Be opened to anything. You won't get the job you love at first try, it took me 2 jobs before finding the one I currently have. Tell yourself you'll be making money and getting experience for a future job.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2262

Don't dream on online job. You can invest in stocks and try to be editor or translator at home, but keep in mind that a 16 years old, who is still studying in school shouldn't think there is a easy job to do. Real world is harsh, I will advice you to find some customer services job and build your patience, experience with customers (you will need it when you dealing with your clients/boss) and skills. You can learn a lot even in cleaning job.

• Content Count:  202

I worked at Staples during high school as an Easy Tech associate. Basically I sold computers, printers, and all the other tech. What was nice about the job was I made $1.25 over minimum wage, PLUS commission. I'm pretty good with technology in general and after a few training sessions and tips from my manager, I was getting at least 5 good sales a day that would end up netting me a good chunk of extra cash along with my pay check. Also, if you're super lazy like me it's nice to know that Staples was super easy mainly because who the hell goes into Staples for something other then like a notebook or some shit? The customers that came into my section were like the rejects from Best Buy, which isn't a bad thing; I still got my sales but the floor wasn't always packed with customers. My day would often consist of selling, putting away product, and slacking off in the back room. I probably did half as much work as any other retail or food service worker with more money in my pocket.

If Staples doesn't sound interesting after that, my lazy man advice is look for store that doesn't get as many customers as some of its competition. Some may say that could get boring, but at least for me I would rather do less work for more money.

• Content Count:  501

What are your plans for the future? College? Trade school?

I assume you are still in High school?

Currently I'm leaving my options open (aka I have no idea of what I wan't to be). I'm going to apply to a few a IV league schools and take it from there, just want a small time job I can have until college.

Reply to Thread