? servers

? players online

WARNING: Don't Trust People.

• Content Count:  1193

Alright. I know I'm a stupid fuck for trusting another person and getting my knife scammed away. But I want to do my best to keep you guys away from these scammers.

If you didn't know, last month I was contacted by a guy telling me he was the admin of a betting site (which I googled, no bad things about it) and that he could chose the winners. I told him ok, chose this guy, and he did. Each time I told him to chose someone, that person won, we did this about 8 times. He told me when I win, he wanted 40% of winnings and I keep the rest to myself (this was his cherry on top of the lie) I was dumb enough to fall for it and lose my shit. I won, but never got my winnings, because the entire site was a fake. If anyone ever tries to add you and has "admin of blank.com"(betting site) in their bio, don't add them and report them.

Example of a guy who just tried the scam on me today - [ATTACH=CONFIG]15676[/ATTACH] . He also added me randomly and had the "admin of csgospare.com" (stay away from that site btw) in his bio. If you go to the site, it seems pretty fishy.

Anyways, just a warning to all of you, the last guy that actually scammed me told me he found me in the SG community and I'm pretty sure these guys are going after people with knives. So just be aware and please, for the love of god, don't be as stupid as I was to fall for it or even think of scamming others.

Edited by Cam

• Content Count:  1403

Alright. I know I'm a stupid fuck for trusting another person and getting my knife scammed away. But I want to do my best to keep you guys away from these scammers.

If you didn't know, last month I was contacted by a guy telling me he was the admin of a betting site (which I googled, no bad things about it) and that he could chose the winners. I told him ok, chose this guy, and he did. Each time I told him to chose someone, that person won, we did this about 8 times. He told me when I win, he wanted 40% of winnings and I keep the rest to myself (this was his cherry on top of the lie) I was dumb enough to fall for it and lose my shit. I won, but never got my winnings. If anyone ever tries to add you and has "admin of blank.com"(betting site) in their bio, don't add them and report them.

Example of a guy who just tried the scam on me today - [ATTACH=CONFIG]15676[/ATTACH] . He also added me randomly and had the "admin of csgospare.com" (stay away from that site btw) in his bio. If you go to the site, it seems pretty fishy.

Anyways, just a warning to all of you, the last guy that actually scammed me told me he found me in the SG community and I'm pretty sure these guys are going after people with knives. So just be aware and please, for the love of god, don't be as stupid as I was.

Welcome to my world...

• Content Count:  4441

Not to be a scumbag to you but you are aware that him rigging the bets in your direct favor is completely illegal, if it was true?

To knowingly want to steal from others makes your unfortunate situation seem like instant karma.

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

It didn't happen to you did it..?

Not exactly the same way, I was actually scammed by someone impersonating as a valve employee, the player that was trading with me basically wanted to make sure our knives were legit and weren't fake so he added a "valve employee" to the chat and asked for us to have our knives go through this "item scanner" which was just another account named "Valve Item Scanner". I traded my knife and then afterwards he said to type Crtl + W (closes the chat box). From there I didn't have much proof they scammed me and I willingly gave it away so there wasn't anything I could do.

• Content Count:  3287

Not exactly the same way, I was actually scammed by someone impersonating as a valve employee, the player that was trading with me basically wanted to make sure our knives were legit and weren't fake so he added a "valve employee" to the chat and asked for us to have our knives go through this "item scanner" which was just another account named "Valve Item Scanner". I traded my knife and then afterwards he said to type Crtl + W (closes the chat box). From there I didn't have much proof they scammed me and I willingly gave it away so there wasn't anything I could do.

As if Valve Employees would EVER do something that requirues that much work xd

As if Valve Employees would EVER do something that requirues that much work xd

I was a month into really playing CS:GO and was researching why this guy would trade me a knife that costs so much more money than the one I had... the "valve employee" said that he would get me banned from trading and I then finally just did it. I was gullible.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  788

Ever since I got my Karambit, I've been declining any friend request I get unless I have seen them in game and know who they are, or we have at least 5 mutual friends. It is confirmed that if you do have a knife you will get a lot more random friend requests from people you have never seen before. REJECT ALL OF THEM. About a year ago, I worked and worked to purchase my first ever knife (StatTrak Gut Knife Ultraviolet MW) and it cost me about 90 dollars. The inexperienced trader I was at the time was scammed out of the knife because of the notorious PayPal scam (LOL) and lost my knife within 24 hours of purchasing it.

I can not stress this enough, Never trade anything in anyway unless it is through a secure steam trade where you can see each item in the trade, with mobile confirmation.

Pretty much any other "Valve Employee", "CSGO Betting Admin", "Middle Man", "Verify your skins" is a FUCKING SCAM.

A good percent of the internet is scum bags willing to do anything for money without any work.

Words to live by:

If it's too good to be true, it isn't true.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1193

Not to be a scumbag to you but you are aware that him rigging the bets in your direct favor is completely illegal, if it was true?

To knowingly want to steal from others makes your unfortunate situation seem like instant karma.

Nah, of course I deserved it 100%. But the guy who got my knife didn't deserve it either. I just want to put the message out there for others to know. I know I wont be the only one to fall for it. And especially because they might be targeting some players in SG, I don't want that to happen to them. I've learned from my mistake.

Edited by Cam
Put my last wording the wrong way.

• Content Count:  2730

I've been scammed once. It's my fault because I didn't hit the recall button.

Another time this guy tried to scam by me sending him my trade link and then click some random buttons on a website that did nothing. I stopped once I figured out what he was doing.

Edited by Clamor

Reply to Thread