? servers

? players online

WARNING: Don't Trust People.

• Content Count:  36

Not exactly the same way, I was actually scammed by someone impersonating as a valve employee, the player that was trading with me basically wanted to make sure our knives were legit and weren't fake so he added a "valve employee" to the chat and asked for us to have our knives go through this "item scanner" which was just another account named "Valve Item Scanner". I traded my knife and then afterwards he said to type Crtl + W (closes the chat box). From there I didn't have much proof they scammed me and I willingly gave it away so there wasn't anything I could do.

Both Of These Scams Are Easy To Avoid Ive Been Trading For Awhile As You May Know And Those Are To Common Scams I Personally Have Never

Been Scammed But People Have Tried These 2 Tricks On Me But I Just Trolled Them Because These Scammers Are Pretty Dumb.

• Content Count:  678

tl;dr - in case my paragraph made no sense, which it often doesn't.

I wouldn't give Cam a hard time about this in the future. He's still young, makes mistakes and doesn't think things fully through, which is something I can relate heavily to.

Thank god Post said it first.

Guys, we are a community, not the jury. Yes, Cam almost did something illegal, but you aren't looking at it from his side. He probably didn't know he was doing something illegal. If the president of the United States gave you 100,000$, that would be stealing too, from the taxpayers. The point here is that you can overthink anything and make it seem terrible. As a community, we should be here to support Cam, as he probably feels pretty embarrassed, or even ashamed with himself. And he lost something of emotional worth, as we have all seen from CSGO Case opening videos, people hold emotional value in knives and crap.

Basically what I mean is, relax people. He lost something, and is trying to spread the word to keep others from sharing the same fate.

Thank you, Cam.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  176

I got scammed once, I was new to CSGO and was pretty ignorant when it came to skin values. I had opened a ST M9 Bayonet Night in MW condition. I thought it was a boring, ugly skin and didnt like it that much (man do I regret thinking that now!) but anyway someone offered me a Huntsman Crimson Web in FT condition. I took me a bit to realize it but I was scammed for almost $125.

Now I have no knife :(

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

Thank god Post said it first.

Guys, we are a community, not the jury. Yes, Cam almost did something illegal, but you aren't looking at it from his side. He probably didn't know he was doing something illegal. If the president of the United States gave you 100,000$, that would be stealing too, from the taxpayers. The point here is that you can overthink anything and make it seem terrible. As a community, we should be here to support Cam, as he probably feels pretty embarrassed, or even ashamed with himself. And he lost something of emotional worth, as we have all seen from CSGO Case opening videos, people hold emotional value in knives and crap.

Basically what I mean is, relax people. He lost something, and is trying to spread the word to keep others from sharing the same fate.

Thank you, Cam.

Just because he is telling the story to prevent others from getting scammed does not change the fact that he blatantly attempted fraud. SG is a community but that does not mean we are in anyway obligated to immediately forgive someone or forget something they did within 9 hours or 1 month within posting something.

For example, if Cam was so upset about this that he came back on an alternate account pretending to be another person I would still hold him accountable because it's just the right thing to do. He is very mature to apologize publicly as it takes a lot of guts and I know of MANY people who have an extreme problem admitting to their faults and would rather retreat to their safe space. I respect the fuck out of people for being able to admit their screw ups but that is simply not the point, the point is that a mere apology is not always sufficient enough for an immediate free pass. If someone does something scummy or otherwise wrong people are going to rightfully call them out for it. To call what @SL4DE, @Vy posted overthinking is an extreme exaggeration itself and pretty hypocritical.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1193

Just because he is telling the story to prevent others from getting scammed does not change the fact that he blatantly attempted fraud. SG is a community but that does not mean we are in anyway obligated to immediately forgive someone or forget something they did within 9 hours or 1 month within posting something.

For example, if Cam was so upset about this that he came back on an alternate account pretending to be another person I would still hold him accountable because it's just the right thing to do. He is very mature to apologize publicly as it takes a lot of guts and I know of MANY people who have an extreme problem admitting to their faults and would rather retreat to their safe space. I respect the fuck out of people for being able to admit their screw ups but that is simply not the point, the point is that a mere apology is not always sufficient enough for an immediate free pass. If someone does something scummy or otherwise wrong people are going to rightfully call them out for it. To call what @SL4DE, @Vy posted overthinking is an extreme exaggeration itself and pretty hypocritical.

Right. I've said sorry countless times on here and even to you multiple times privately. What else do you expect me to do? To say? Yes, you all called me out. I got burned and lost $80 for what I did and deserved every bit of it. Nobody was hurt or effected in any way but me. What else do you want?

This is such a famous scam, i dont know how you got tricked. Best of luck to you though.

I was suspicious at the time but had never heard of it. Im not very familiar to the whole CSGO trading/gambling.

Reply to Thread