? servers

? players online

Invisable ladders

• Content Count:  2230

This is exactly what I'm bringing up. I'm leaning towards essentially saying whether or not the ladder is invisible is irrelevant and it being KOS follows the same ruling as all other ladders, which is they are KOS if they are connected to/lead to a KOS area.

I'm not worried about making a poll, the only reason I haven't just flat out made that ruling is I'm interested in getting some feedback regarding that rule idea.

Quite like this to be honest. I can't specifically think of any ladders that are over the top secrets that should be KOS. The one on razor for example that this guy was concerned about shouldn't really be KOS imo. It just really doesn't seem to need to be, that's where my stance is on this anyways. For now (unless I remember a ladder that I think should be KOS that I haven't thought of) I agree with the idea of just having them the same as other ladders.

• Content Count:  4441

People have been killing for this for a very long time due to the regulars making this a "rule" via. a very funny game of telephone.

IMO it shouldn't be a rule because there is very few maps where it's even applicable. If a ladder leads towards per say. a scout, then you should be able to just kill them, but not just because of the ladders texture.

• Content Count:  1612

Here's some questions to ask yourself if something should be KOS or not:

1. Is it KOS in the rules, such as a catwalk to armory?

If it is, then yes, it's KOS.

If it isn't, then it the area, or the ladder, could/should be restricted. CT's just say "No ladders". If someone is on a ladder, give them a warning shot and tell them to get off. If they don't listen after a bit, shoot again.

That invisible ladder to the top of cells on razor shouldn't be KOS because it's a way to gain access to a different non-KOS area.

If CT's want to restrict the ladder or top of cells, just make the order. There shouldn't need to be a rule about this, players just need common sense.

If you don't want prisoners somewhere, tell them they can't go there. If they go there, shoot them. If they continue to go there, you continue to shoot.

• Content Count:  2238

I'm too lazy to go back a page and quote @Goku on it, but I'm throwing in with the ladder to top of cells on electric shouldn't be KOS unless CT states it crowd. Now, when you all realize there's a secret armory up there and people start figuring out how to access it, then we can revisit whether or not that ladder should be KOSable.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  678

@Goku has already passed judgement on this.

Ladders/stairs are considered to be part of whatever they connect to.

If the ladder connects to a KOS area, ladder is KOS. If the ladder leads to a non KOS area, then it's fine.

Edited by Enderspine

• Content Count:  2589

If the ladder connects to a KOS area, ladder is KOS. If the ladder leads to a non KOS area, then it's fine.

The part in question is whether or not it being an invisible/secret makes it KOS. Which is exactly why I'm likely about to make the ruling that even if it is invisible, it still follows that rule you quoted.

• Content Count:  2238

I'd like to hear what some of yall's thoughts on that would be before making an official stance.

And look, Goku asked for our opinions.

Reply to Thread