? servers

? players online

Random Question of the day [February 25, 2017]

• Content Count:  1403

Steam-Gamers has been around for 10 years, my question to you guys is, Who do you think ran the community the best overall?

Personally I have only been here since Caution took over but I'm curious to see what some of the long time members would have to say.

• Content Count:  11501

Realistically speaking - Haggard, Spartan, and I were really the only owners that pushed this place forward for a long period of time. Paul did a great job but he didn't stick around as president for too long. Garfield, Amit, and Ryan (I guess, if you include him - though 99.9% of you guys have never had contact with him) all took this place in the wrong direction and are the reason this community came close to dying. Haggard had a lot of personal situations that he was dealing with that compromised SOME decisions he made here; Spartan was inactive for awhile due to a lack of interest after so long; I'm an asshole and don't usually care about people's feelings or safe spaces, as long as it's all kept relatively professional. Take your pick - we all have our strengths and we all have our setbacks.

Once you get to the level of AO, it becomes less about playing in servers and more about politics / public relations. BD is even moreso like this, so on and so forth up the chain. It's extremely rare to actually be able to sit down and play a game. On a normal week (things have been quiet the past week, thankfully), it's pretty accurate to say I spend anywhere from 5 to 20 hours on AO / BD meetings alone. Sometimes it's less, and during hectic weeks it's more. That's not including checking up on the forums, posting on threads that require my attention, approving donations, monitoring CA meetings, reviewing admin applications, reviewing admin complaints, etc. I won't speak directly for other BD's, but I know Spiked and myself spend about 70-80% doing something community related and the remainder (if that) playing on the servers or a random game with other community members. I also, on average, have about 15 - 25 people message me on steam daily with some sort of SG issue / comment / question.

I'm not complaining; I love this place. I have even been offered about $6,000 for it. But I'd never give it up, and I have done everything I can to help steer it in the right direction. But judging who the best owner is / was is a pretty hard question for most people to answer as most people don't understand everything that goes on behind the curtain. My BD's truly work a thankless job, and it takes a high level of dedication to stick around and do it correctly. A president is absolutely nothing without a good staff supporting him.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  3401

Haggard

:bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::ayyylmao::ayyylmao:

:hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin:

:ayyylmao::ayyylmao::hspin::hspin::intensehag::intensehag::intensehag::haggard::haggard::haggard::haggard::haggard::haggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::hspin:

:hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin:

:ayyylmao::ayyylmao::bighaggard::bighaggard::intensehag::ayyylmao::bighaggard::intensehag::haggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::hspin::hspin::haggard::haggard::haggard::haggard::bighaggard::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::intensehag::intensehag::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard:

:hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard::lsdhaggard:

:bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard:

:ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao:

:bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard:

:ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao::ayyylmao:v

:bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard:

:hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin::hspin:

:bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard::bighaggard:

Amit

lol

Edited by frosty

• Content Count:  3440

Caution summed it up rather well. I have been part of meetings on behalf of this community in the past.

I don't believe that a majority of the community has a realistic view of just how much time and effort is donated by the "higher ups" as they are sometimes called.

I would make a list of the people that I can think of that have done a huge service to all of us by donating their time and effort, but I am afraid I would forget someone that deserves to be mentioned.

I know some of you think it's funny to post about people like Garfield, Amit, etc. But they looked for personal gain at the expense of what I consider my online home. I can't respect that.

I'm not willing to rank the top 10 or so people that have had a major hand in running SG because I don't want to cheapen the time that they have all put in here.

Regardless of who was "the best" those that have put SG ahead of their own gaming time have my appreciation and respect!

• Like 2

Reply to Thread