? servers

? players online

Remove this map from the server?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Remove this map from the server?

jb_tropica_island_v3 removal

• Content Count:  1193

Since this seems kind of up in the air still, I'll give my opinion...

I've noticed that this map is one that ends up almost every single round in a delay to open cells or give orders, because cell B has a vent that you can break out of. Almost half the Ts spawn in cell B.

Example one: Once the Ts in cell B get out, some head to the top of cell A to get the teleporter for the scout on top of VIP.

Example two: Ts also rush to the one way under VIP and get the deag that also has 3 health shots.

Example three: Ts will get on the boat behind cells and head straight over to the second island and grab a scout, AK, or pistol over there.

This is all do-able in the amount of time it takes CT's to get their weapons in armory and get everyone out to open cells and give orders. So as soon as CTs go to open cells, there is a hellfire of bullets coming from every direction. This ends in all the CTs freaking out and hiding because they can't kill the guy in one way, or see the scout from second island picking them off.

Eventually all the Ts will be unmuted and everyone starts yelling "OPEN CELLS. OPEN CELLS. YOU'RE DELAYING, OPEN CELLS" on top of all the bullets being shot at them. Eventually, (sometimes never) all hell calms down and the CTs open cells (or the cells open themselves) and the CTs give free days on other island.

The only time this doesn't happen is when the CTs have a team that take control well or the good rebelers don't get the B cell spawn.

As people have said above me, there are just too many secrets to do before CTs even leave armory.

Now if someone wanted to edit the map so that the cells aren't just VIP, 2 huge cells with almost have the T team, and the small beach house to where it is a lot of smaller cells (like VIP in the mix, electric razor, etc) and then added only a couple of vents to get outside, then this map would be perfectly fine to play apart from the water killing you.

If nobody can edit this (or it isn't worth the time) then it should be removed 100%

• Content Count:  2001

Since this seems kind of up in the air still, I'll give my opinion...

I've noticed that this map is one that ends up almost every single round in a delay to open cells or give orders, because cell B has a vent that you can break out of. Almost half the Ts spawn in cell B.

Example one: Once the Ts in cell B get out, some head to the top of cell A to get the teleporter for the scout on top of VIP.

Example two: Ts also rush to the one way under VIP and get the deag that also has 3 health shots.

Example three: Ts will get on the boat behind cells and head straight over to the second island and grab a scout, AK, or pistol over there.

This is all do-able in the amount of time it takes CT's to get their weapons in armory and get everyone out to open cells and give orders. So as soon as CTs go to open cells, there is a hellfire of bullets coming from every direction. This ends in all the CTs freaking out and hiding because they can't kill the guy in one way, or see the scout from second island picking them off.

Eventually all the Ts will be unmuted and everyone starts yelling "OPEN CELLS. OPEN CELLS. YOU'RE DELAYING, OPEN CELLS" on top of all the bullets being shot at them. Eventually, (sometimes never) all hell calms down and the CTs open cells (or the cells open themselves) and the CTs give free days on other island.

The only time this doesn't happen is when the CTs have a team that take control well or the good rebelers don't get the B cell spawn.

As people have said above me, there are just too many secrets to do before CTs even leave armory.

Now if someone wanted to edit the map so that the cells aren't just VIP, 2 huge cells with almost have the T team, and the small beach house to where it is a lot of smaller cells (like VIP in the mix, electric razor, etc) and then added only a couple of vents to get outside, then this map would be perfectly fine to play apart from the water killing you.

If nobody can edit this (or it isn't worth the time) then it should be removed 100%

Nimmy and I discussed if this map was worth being edited early today and we decided it isn't worth the effort. There are just too many secrets and to edit them all out or nerf them would take too long.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2001

I've since had a few people message me on steam and ask to have it stay. They don't have forum accounts but the vote would be about even now.

• Content Count:  261

I honestly dislike this map due to the massive amount of Ts that escape from cells and applies a heavy burden on the CTs at the beginning of each round. This problem however can be patched by reducing the amount of secrets (specifically the one way under VIP). With these fixes I'm sure the map will be in a better playing condition and will be more organized than what it has been. Overall I would love for this map to be removed or fixed.

• Content Count:  539

I'll try to jump in and give my opinion on this map:

The Ts have an overabundance of options of ways to rebel, even when the round just starts. Ts in Cell B are able to jump out of their cell and either run to the one-way under VIP or take a boat to get across to the other island. CTs are able to get to the one-way in time to stop the Ts from getting there and CTs also have a boat which they can hastily use to catch a rebelling T transporting to the opposite island.

Also, regarding the boat problem: If Ts are being silly with the boats and clicking the button to keep recalling it or if a CT is fooling around too much and keeps recalling it, it is always a viable option to send the Ts through the flower on the main island which leads to the opposite island. The flower will teleport Ts next to pool and CTs into a tower above the flower.

Reasons I want the map to stay:

1.) Overall it's a nicely made map with regards to size, layout, and activities.

2.) Many (different) death games to play - Find the Weed, The Car Game, Team Climb, etc.

3.) A killer disco (Like the songs are actually lit, I love going to disco on this map)

4.) A lot of interesting ways for Ts to rebel

There is also this one round (I'm not really sure how it's activated) but the CT tower falls over into the water and the alarms go off and all the Ts options to rebel open (Cell A ceiling opens, Cell B wall breaks, etc.) This round is a fun round because it makes the round intense.

I vote that the map should stay.

• Like 2
Edited by Insidious

• Content Count:  19

Tropical is a very good map there is a lot of secrets on there but when i was on and it was getting played there were not a lot of cts. The map should get played in the rotation more maybe more people would think its a good map. This is my Favorite map there is problems with the map but when its on ever body says green line or free day.

I vote Stay

• Content Count:  1403

Overall if this map stays someone's NEEDS to get rid of the one way beneath VIP, that secret alone is game breaking. It will cause the round to be delayed every single time if a T is able to beat the CTs to it. The boats should only be accessible if the CT shoots/presses the button. Overall IMO this map should be removed for the fact that there are so many secrets that it's basically a "warday" due to the fact that with the normal rotation of CTs they will give freedays every round. Once in a great while if the CTs have a solid team the map can be alright. In the end the map is unplayable with the secret under VIP cell..

Edit: We shouldn't be taking the votes of players that do not have forum accounts for the fact that is if they can't take the four minutes of their time to get an account made, why should we take their vote into consideration. Let's not make up imaginary number and stick to the results of this thread.

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  13

Hey guys i'm Krest` the maker of the map, just wanted to say that whether the map stays or not I really appreciate the constructive critisiem provided so far.

I should say this though - the map was originaly built for a community i play on that has a lot of differeces to your server.

Because of those differences CT's are usually more experienced players and have it easier to stop the rebels.

That is why this map is T-sided, because I personally enjoy this kind of maps.

Other than that, again, thanks for all the "play-testing" so far i'll keep working on the map for the future and see how i develop it :)

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1421

I voted Remove, here's why...

After playing this map for a good amount of time and having regulars show me all the secrets around the map, I decided that the map has way too many secrets for how small and compact it is. The Ts have way too many ways to rebel and some of the ways are way too easy to achieve.

For example, a ton of Ts can get out of cells immediately. Where they have many secrets they can go to right off the bat. Just to compare this to one of our most popular maps, Electric Razor, that map only has 3 ways to escape escape cells, VIP cell vent, soccer teleporter and pool teleporter. Except the difference is that only 1 or 2 people can spawn in those cells. On tropical you see like 8 people already out of cells before you get your guns, which is dumb. Not to mention the many secrets you can access when you leave the cells, can go to the floating circle thingy that teles you to a room with a PPbizon and deagle, you can go to the boats and onto the other island, you can take a teleport on top of cells, you can go into the one way under VIP, Ect. So basically on round start we have a warday 90% of the time and it isn't how JB is supposed to be played. Not to mention on the other island there are so many secrets it's ridiculous. There is a scout just laying on the ground, there is an armoury teleporter that takes no effort to get, Ect.

The amount of secrets makes this map very terrible imo, I don't think it belongs on SG.