? servers

? players online

Story Time Contest 3!

• Content Count:  88

A Dog with a taco and a m16

Chapter 0. Prologue

It was the summer of 69' we were both 18 fresh outta high school Dog With a Taco was a friend I held dear since we were 6. We were two kids from Alabama born and raised we stuck together through thick and thin pulled each other up. He was always getting himself into trouble but I was always there to pull him back and keep him in check that's the thing about Dog With a Taco he was always the wild one. We knew our families couldn't afford what was necessary for a "Higher" education. So we did what any two strong willed boys from Alabama would do we decided to better our country and enlist.

chapter 1. Parris island

We arrived on a rainy summer day it was both Dog With a Taco and I first time out of the great state of Alabama. It was a rainy summer day but the light was able to peer through the clouds but yet it wasn't powerful enough part the clouds of rain. The bus was crowded smelled of body odor and disgust. I was sat next to Dog With a Taco he had a blank expression on his face but I knew he was as unprepared as I was. The bus came to screeching halt in front of a gate Positioned on both sides were Guard towers with armed soldiers at the peaks on them. The officer hailing the bus made motion for it to pull forward as bus the crept forward it returned to stop as officer boarded. He spoke with the driver as they exchanged paper's. With one quick motion the officer exited the bus. The bus continued pulling forward all the way through the gate this time as it arrived to the front of the boot camp. The doors of the bus opened with incredible force with silence immediately fell upon the bus A highly decorated drill instructor boarded the bus with one breath he yelled out "ATTENTION" quickly all eyes shot to the front of the bus where they fell upon him. The drill instructor then began "Welcome to Parris Island you were sent here to become marines. Not wide eye'd maggot's now get your gear and get the fuck off my bus" within seconds we were all off bus gear In hand. We were lined up and told where are bunks would be we rushed to them with the speed of horses. We arrived to a open room with bunk beds lined along the walls on the left and right the floors squeaky clean with what was clearly a bathroom in the back with a closed room across from it. it was clear that would no longer be any privacy from the looks of it. We lined up along the bunks we were assigned to but I panicked when I noticed I would not be with Dog With a Taco as the bunking to left of mine. Instead I was bunking with a kaskitewi boy I’ll be honest I didn’t even know they let them join the marines. I thought the best thing to do was to introduce myself to him I walked up to my new bunkmate and said “Hi man how you doin’ I’m your new bunk mate Keith” He responded with a smile and said “My name's Dominic I’m here from Oklahoma” I said “That's along way from South carolina” quick with a reply he said “It’s not far enough” we both chuckled I knew from that moment Dom and I would get along fine.

As I was readying my bunk for inspection I glanced to see how Dog With a Taco was doing as I was hoping he would be as well as I was with my new found friend. But before I could the door to the Bunk Room was flung open as all the cadets turned to see what was going on they were met with sturdy “ATTENTION, Cadets Line up for inspection”. There were two darkened lines of tile that followed the floor each cadet lined up to attention face across from each other. The instructor began to lecture us as he walked back fourth down the line. But I was lost I couldn't pay attention I was stuck thinking about going to those jungles and fighting for what we all wanted. Being a war hero Someone who everyone respected and wanted to be brave strong and have courage I was ready to give my life to fight the great fight. I didn't think I need training all I needed was a gun and Viet-cong to shoot at I was over ambitious. Before I could snap back to what was currently happening in the bunk room The drill sergeant snap “From now on you will call me SIR now DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR” with Reflex’s a retorted back along with the rest of the cadets “Sir yes Sir” He smiled and said “Maybe they sent more than a few dickless cockeyed maggot's Now get some sleep we have a long day ahead of us”. With the snap of the lights we all rushed back into our bunks.

Chapter 2. The jungle

The AK-47 rifle makes the same sound as a hunting rifle to the untrained ear but if you hear it enough you can start to recognize it. I’d say it's mostly due to the type of round it shoots, the action it uses and the muzzle brake -Nam Vet

My eyes shot open to the now indistinguishable sound of a Kalashnikov firing in the distance

I jumped out of my bed. Along with three Other marines In our large Bunk tent we slept In our uniforms with every thing on but helmets. I reached for my rifle then my helmet. I was ready To pull the trigger

And set my sights on some viet-cong. Quickly our squad leader Lewee or as the Officers call him All T’s bursted into the tent with a cigar in one hand and a pistol in the other and big ass smile on his face. He reached for radio after a brush of white noise A song started playing a Sound I will never forget. (If you want to experience the story in its fullness please play this in the backround

Or if you want the smiley experience play this
)

He put down his pistol and threw our combat medic Erik his rifle. I turned to erik he was fresh off “The Island” he was a medical student who had yet to witness combat, He was from Idaho and use to eat tons of potatoes some of the officers called him extreme potatoes, but because he didn't like the name he stopped eating but to mess with him more we started calling him reformed. Lewee Looked to Dog With a Taco and yelled under the sound of gunfire “Dog With a Taco take point, I heard you're a hell of a shot. Everyone follow point and Don’t get lost, these jungle will kill you before these congers will”

We lined up and exited the tent one by one. The moon light hit my eyes I will never forget the beauty of the jungles of vietnam for once the clouds were all but gone a clear canopy was left. I was almost taken away from the gunfire and chaos occurring around me I felt for once safe as if someone or something was protecting, me watching over me. Before I could come to my senses I felt nudge at my back. “KEEP MOVING FORWARD” Shouted All t’s I was brought back to the moment. I griped my rifle and trekked forward, towards the frontlines. My boots were covered in mud We were in a makeshift trench the viet cong dug before we advanced on them. All five of us were tightly packed into trench style fox holes, erik was crouched down while all four of us were aiming for the brush waiting for a conger to peak his head out, but we could see nothing. I could hear lewee giggling uncontrollably I knew he's drunk off his ass, he was probably on more than alcohol. Dog With a Taco was next to me, I could see it in his eyes He was ready to fire. He whispers to me “eyes forward before a Conger sends you home faster then Johnson will”. With a sigh I looked down the sight of my rifle but I still could only see underbrush and absence of light. I heard Dom the youngest in the group shout “Where did em’ congers go”. Lewee pulled his hand back and hit him on the back of the head He let out a loud SHHHHHHH… Silence fell again I leaned over to Lewee and asked “They don’t expect us to sit here all night waiting for them reappear, it was probably one their hit runs they could be miles away by now?” Lewee responded with “Don’t be so sure they are as quiet as they are fast”. We heard A Shout “ Squad leads report to de-brief” Lewee turned to us and said “Dog With a Taco Is in charge until Im back dont let a single conger get a shot off on our guys you hear?” Dog With a Taco nodded and we returned to our post’s Erik lit up and smoke and sat down letting out a deep sigh. An hour passed and nothing had happened yet, Suddenly we heard footsteps approaching. We shot up with a quick dose adrenaline to see if it was the viet-cong hoping to try and nail in the coffin. But before we had a clear view over we heard a voice

“Who's ready for a mission” It was lewee we turned to see he was returning from the debrief. Quick with a question Dominic blurted out “What’s da misshun chief”. With a smile and chuckle lewee said gleefully “We are gonna take the fight to them”. With smiles we returned to our bunks It was nearly sunrise but sleep was something you couldn't live without both back home and in the jungles of Nam’.

As I crawled in my bunk and laid down my rifle I knew tomorrow was the day, the day I become a hero.

• Like 1

Chapter 3 The boy who cried bullets

Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.-John lennon Imagine

Half way through training half way to war, a bitter sweet feeling comes with that knowledge of that fact.

Alot has changed over the last month. Me Dom Dog With a Taco and Okan were doing the best we could luckily our drill instructor Delirium took a liking to Dog With a Taco as Dog With a Taco was a great shot and very respectful and as he would say a Model marine. However he played a different tune to Okan better known as grim reaper. Okan was a conscript as they called them he didn't enlist and boy did it show.

We made friends with him and helped him when we could but we could see he grew more and more distant from us as days and weeks sped behind us, Pretty soon we almost never saw him. Today was rifle Practice we were going to learn to shoot. We marched as we always do on our way to the gun range The gun range was a small open field With chalk outlines and sandbags on where we were suppose lineup across from us were targets in shape of silhouettes of soldiers. Placed on the targets were circular boards like a dart board you would find at a local bar. One by one Our instructor had us line up. He began “Today you will learn how to properly shoot your weapon you will be giving sub standard issued bolt action rifles as you are not yet fit for a modern weapon Do I make myself clear?”

Once again in unison “SIR YES SIR”. But from my right I heard but a mumble. The Instructor turned to cadet who chose not give a full answer. The instructor angrily stated “Private Okan, Last time I checked you referred to me a sir Is this correct Private?” He responded with a weak “yes..” The instructors faced turned as red as fire “Did I not make myself clear you utter useless piece of dog shit”. Confused Private okan continued “Uhh SIR YES SIR I mean uh SIR NO SIR” The instructor quickly barked out “Get on the ground Keep doing push ups until I say stop”. Okan fell to the ground and begin slowly. The instructor cleared his throat and began again “We I say fire you fire when I say chamber you will chamber your next bullet and when I say reload you will reload is that clear” Once again “SIR YES SIR” one by one we walked forward and took our rifles. We took aim at the silhouettes across from each one of our posts on my right was Dog With a Taco and on my left was Dominic.

I could see Dog With a Taco through the sandbags separating us his concentration was set on his target and nothing outside of his focus. As I sighted back in and set my gaze upon my target the drill instructor yelled “Fire” shakenly fire fired then he stated “Chamber” then “Aim” and once again “Fire”. These drill continued for what felt like hours. It as if though was a endless repetitive task. By the time we finished the sun had nearly set. As feel rose up and returned back to the line one by one I could see okan still doing pushups just he seemed almost half dead by now. The drill instructor turned towards okan and admittedly asked him to stop. Okan slowly rose to his feet and looked towards the drill instructor began saying “Now what is the correct answer Private Okan”. Okan look like he was seconds away from responded with a weak “Sir.. Yes sir.”. The instructor retorted with a smile and said “That's what I thought maybe if you can learn to say three words maybe you not dumb enough to be a marine” once again okan respond quietly “Sir yes sir” we took the rifles given to us and returned to our bunks for the night. As I turned to see okan expression after what had just been through his face there was but no emotion his face was as blank as a slate of chalk. That night was silent just like any other but I had this gut wrenching feeling something wasn't right. We returned to the rifle range and begin the drills again but then drill instructor ordered us to stop. Apparently Okan didn’t know how to shoot his gun. We stepped back and lined up behind the firing line while okan stayed there we knew the drill instructor was going to make an example out of okan. He went up to okan and demand he explain why he was not firing Okan responded with “I think my gun broke let me look”.

He look down his rifle and his hand slipped and pulled the trigger. His body dropped to ground all of us were stunned Dom bursted out “HE JUST DUN SHOT EM’ SELF!”. I don't believe anyone of us had seen death this close to us until now. It felt as if time froze every thing came to a stand still. The drill instructor angrily whispered under his breath “God damnit not another one”. We were sent back to our bunk and told that we were to remain there for the rest of the day. I don't think any of us slept that night. None us had been that close to death but we all realized it was matter of time before we saw all too much of it.

Chapter 4 The Village

It was a week since our mission was first assigned to us. Were to go to a village and speak with the villagers and get information on where the Current Viet-cong Forward Operating Base is located.

We were to be dropped off by Helios. As we boarded the aircraft we were met by a helicopter pilot named smiley. On by one we leaped onto the helicopter gun in hand ready for what was yet to face us. We knew it would be long flight to village. As we were inbound to the village I turned to see Dominic at this point was damn near half green he looked sick half near death I asked him “Your first time flying?” He responded “more like I wish it was my last” I silently chuckled. as I looked down throughout the flight I could see it all from the beautiful green tops of the canopies below to the large open rice fields. Once again we were left alone to our thoughts and were left waiting once again. One thing that confused me from the start was that fact our pilot smiley was a women. I turn towards the front of the helicopter and remarked “I didn't know they let fly” quick witted she responded with “And I didn't know they let pile of shits enlist” I and chuckled and responded with “shut up bitch”. I looked towards Dog With a Taco to see what he was doing to pass the time. I could see it in his eyes they were transfixed of the view below us. I said “Vietnam’s beautiful is it not?” Slowly he turned to me then smiled and said “still not as beautiful as home”. He was right every time I was alone all I could think about was getting home, getting to see my family, friends and to finally make a name for myself I thought “war hero” suit me fine enough.

Erik chimed in and said “right now the most beautiful I can think of is a pack of smokes”

We chuckled and returned to what we were doing. Then I noticed lewee our squad his eyes were transfixed not on the view of Vietnam but something else. Something I couldn't see it but I damn well knew he could. It's what they call the thousand yards stare, something that's vets who had seen all too much had to carry with them. It was quite obvious lewee had some sobering up.

Since our last encounter with the congers.

Finally after waiting we could see the village

It was only a few straw huts with some villagers as we landed we leapt out of the helicopter all while the blades were still spinning in front of us was another squad of marines preparing to leave. but there was only four of them. but before i could ponder why I could see a large black body bag it wasn't hard to put two and two together. Lewee ran forward to speak with them as we stayed by helicopter and unloaded our equipment. Two of the marines picked up the large black bag by both sides and lifted it onto the heli after lewees conversation with the other squad leader the other marines boarded the helicopter and quickly departed. Lewee spoke to us and told us that there was hut we were suppose to stay in. After we moved all the equipment it was sunset. We were nervous and anxious this was our first night away from an American base. We decided we would take turns every hour watching the hut while the others slept. It was late I was woken up by a tap on my shoulder which quickly turn into shaking. Then I heard a whisper “Hey Keith it's your turn” it was Dog With a Taco I took my rifle slowly rose to my feet and walked towards the front of the shockingly large hut. I took a folding chair with me and sat at the entrance for the next hour. I had to stop myself multiple time from dozing off but I managed to stay awake. All I could think of was stand there was home. Before I knew I turned to my watch and saw it was three. It was Dominic’s

I went inside woke up Dominic and then fell quickly asleep. Tomorrow we were suppose to find our translator Euro and talk to vilage higher ups but for now we sleep

Chapter 5 and 6 almost done

• Like 1

Got lazy didn't finish last two chapters papa lampshade told me my story was already too long so I'll just summarize what was gonna happen in the last two chapters (chapter 6 was also a two-parter)

Chapter 5 basically end of boot camp arriving at Nam and show how dog with a taco and Keith and dom met all the squad mates

Chapter 6 part 1: basically they meet with translator. translator is sketchy as fuck translator leads them to Viet Cong trap translator was a conger

Squad rushes out of the jungles to the village to prepare for a full on assault on the village when they make it to the village dom is wounded all the villagers are missing and everyone takes posts as they prepare for the incoming assault. Just before the first shot is fired smiley arrives with the helo and the squad prepares to load up and abandon post

Chapter 6 part 2 Rpg out no where hits the heli smiley and heli = RIP and the assault begins a massive firefight goes on as the congers slowly get closer and close to the center of the village and one by one the squad starts to die until its just dog with a taco and Keith after hours and hours of bullets and explosions day finally arrives with the incoming napalm strikes from the US clearing the jungle lines and a rescue heli saving dog with taco. then he applies for admin on SG THE END.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3391

Here's a story I wrote about 10 years ago.

Frank and Friend

Frank was a mini-dwarf bunny. He was never to grow bigger than his friends and was always picked on. Frank remembers when he was younger and all of the bunnies were the same and the fun they've had.

*2 years ago*

'Frank, let's go to Farmer John's place and dig up some carrots.', said Sid, a little scamp of a rabbit. Frank joined up with Sid and went to over to visit Farmer John.

'Carrots? I don't know about you, but I was thinking Mexican.', Frank suggested, rubbing his belly.

'Sure, that's fine, let's just get some food. Farmer John's wife, Margaretta, is always cooking up succulent tacos.' mentioned Sid.

'Are you sure about this? I mean, Farmer John doesn't like it when we eat his food.', worried Frank. He glanced over at Sid and noticed him snickering under his breath.

'You can't be serious, Frank. Come on, it's no big deal, he has a lifetime supply of tacos, he won't miss a few.'

'I guess you're right.', said Frank.

They arrived at Farmer John's farm, hopped up on the table while John and Margaretta were outside, and began consuming juicy tacos. Several minutes later Sid and Frank were stuffed! They had eaten too much and were lazily returning to their burrow when they heard a shout. Farmer John had noticed the rabbits had eaten some of his tacos and he was chasing after them.

'I told you rabbits to stay out! I can't have you critters eating my food. Git out!', yelled Farmer John as he chased after them with a rake.

Frank and Sid high-tailed it out of there and returned safely to their burrow. They told their friends what happened and laughed all night about the adventure, it really was fun.

*Present Day*

As time past, Frank noticed that Sid was getting bigger and bigger and that he himself was not. Frank tried to join in with Sid's gang and tried to hang out with them, but Sid shunned him, not wanting to be seen with such a munchkin rabbit.

'Frank, look, we can't hang out anymore. You just aren't cool enough and ever since Farmer John moved away, we really have nothing to do anymore. You're just not big enough to hang with the cool guys.', said Sid solemnly to Frank.

'That's not fair! We've been friends for years and now you're distancing yourself from me because of my size? I thought we were friends, Sid. I thought we were friends...', wimpered Frank as he scuttled away.

Frank went to his burrow and contemplated what to do with this life. He noticed that Sid and his gang were having kids left and right and extending their family. Frank was sitting in his home all alone, alone with nothing but his pain and thoughts.

Frank was hopping along side of the outskirts of his pack and noticed a guy drop a plastic baggy on the ground as he was running away from a man in blue. Frank went to where the baggy was and sniffed it, wondering if it was food. Instantly, Frank felt amazing. All of his worries and problems disappeared. Nothing bothered him anymore and he felt like he could do anything!

He took the bag and began going home, not knowing what the contents of the bag was. Over the next few days, Sid noticed that Frank was acting very strange. Sometimes he'd be hyper and other times he'd be strung out and hardly move. Sid was worried about Frank, but couldn't let his gang know about this.

Weeks passed by and Frank was becoming more and more irrational. He started talking to Shawanda, a local hooker in the rabbit community. Shawanda doesn't have a mate, no one really knows her origin or history, but it seems the lonely and desperate go to her for a good time.

Shawanda noticed Frank sniffing something white from a plastic bag and asked what it was. Frank decided to give Shawanda a little try to boost his chances with her. She instantly fell in love with this strange substance and craved more. Frank, being a little devilish now, rubbed some of the white powder on his privates and went to town.

The orgasm they both felt was nothing like they've felt before. Frank was going insane with his new addiction and was having his way with all the females in town, even those with families. The female rabbits didn't know what was going on but after they had experienced some of Frank's prowess, they wanted more.

A few days later, Sid found Frank's baggy and confronted him about it.

'Frank, what is this? Are you doing cocaine? This isn't good, man, this shit will kill you.', exclaimed Sid, in a worried tone. Frank took no notice of Sid's presence and continued to ignore him. Finally, Sid took the plastic bag and spilled the contents on the ground.

'Sid, what the FUCK man!? You're going to pay for that! I was having the time of my life when you constantly ignored me. This 'cocaine' as you put it was my escape. I had all the women I wanted. I pimped them out to other rabbits for carrots and tacos. I was living the good life until now. Now you just fucked yourself.', Frank said in a calm and collective voice.

Frank motioned towards Sid in an attempt to pay him back for what he had just done. Frank didn't want to go back to his normal existence, he didn't want to be the outcast of the group. He chased Sid outside and around the burrows.

'Frank, calm down, man. You don't have to do this!', shouted Sid as he ran to the outskirts of their colony.

Frank was gaining on Sid, he may have been small but he was much faster than Sid, especially since he lost so much weight. Sid looked around franticly, trying to find something to keep Frank away from him. Sid noticed a street vendor and took his chances. He knew that Frank never passed up the opportunity for some tacos. He knew it was one of Frank's vices. He knew he was safe.

As Frank approached the street vendor, he could smell the meat sizzling in the spices. Mouth watering, he knocked over the street vendor's trash can as a distraction and jumped up on the food cart. As he was devouring the tacos, he saw Sid cross a busy road. Sid knew Frank's biggest fear was the busy intersections.

'You chicken shit, Sid. Get back over here so I can put you down!', yelled Frank over the sound of the roaring cars, chewed bits of taco flying from his mouth. Frank was too scared, even in his drugged up state, to cross the street. His parents always warned him to never cross it, knowing that other wildlife exist on the other side.

'Frank, listen. You can't go on like this. Can't we just talk this over?', asked Sid, in a frantic voice.

Frank, feeling a slight change in heart decided to take his chances and run across the street. He began to move when, suddenly, a car came out of no where and almost ran him over. He took a few steps back and thought about this. He decided he wanted to cross this street and face his fears and his former friend.

Frank hopped across the street, dodging cars and holes in the ground, not wanting to trip or get stuck. He finally made it to the other side with Sid and looked into his eyes.

'Sid, I'm sorry. You were right, I was out of my mind on that stuff. Thank you for showing me the way and helping me face my fear. I crossed the street! This is a far bigger high than that white stuff.', said Frank, excited and gasping for air.

'It's okay, man. Let's head back.', Sid replied.

'Ah hah! I see you, you won't get away this time.'

Frank and Sid spun around to see Farmer John there. They turned around and began hopping away when they heard a thunderous clap.

Frank lay there, bleeding. He looked over at Sid, eyes glazed over and motionless.

'You're still my best friend, Sid', said Frank, with his last breath.

The End.

• Like 2
Edited by TheVirus

• Content Count:  539

Rusty's Tacos

It was pretty difficult trying to find a job here in Los Angeles. A fresh adult, just getting out of college; I didn't have much of a degree. I couldn't decide what I ever wanted to be when I grew up, so here I was in California looking for a job and I see a sign that said "Looking for workers!" I guess I was too eager to get into a job and didn't think this one through. Now I'm stuck working on a food truck that sells tacos and I make barely any money.

I guess I can't complain though, it isn't the worst job I could get; hell, some people don't even have jobs. The hours aren't that bad, I guess; I only have to work in the afternoons. Most of my shifts were normal; however, on the 12th day of me working there, my life changed forever.

I was serving tacos as per usual, and it was rush hour (I could tell by the size of the line). As I was making some fish tacos for a customer, I noticed that the line started to form a circle and I heard the people fawning over something. After I served the customer, a dog came out of the crowd and approached the truck. It was a golden retriever with no collar. It didn't look like anyone owned it, and it sure as hell looked hungry, so I figured I would grab one of the pre-made tacos we had and give it to him. I bent over and handed him the taco. He grabbed it with his mouth and ran off down the sidewalk until I lost sight of him. Ever since that day the dog kept coming back for his taco.

The dog was a business maker! Every day at 2:30 p.m. the dog would show up and everyone wanted to pet him. He was super friendly and he was a crowd favorite. After he was done greeting all the customers, he would walk up to the truck, I would hand him the taco, and he scampered off down the sidewalk. I decided that if this was going to be a daily thing, I might as well give him a name. I wasn't good at naming anything, so I decided to stick with the first thing that came to my head. Rusty, his name will be Rusty.

I was always curious where Rusty went after I gave him the taco. He would always dash off in the same path until he would turn and I would lose sight of him. I decided I would take break a little early one day and I would follow him. He showed up at 2:30 p.m. to get his taco, I gave it to him, he began his journey down the sidewalk, and I closed shop for a while and followed him through the crowds. We must've walked for a few minutes, taking turns into alleys and using different shortcuts. Finally he got to one street where he walked under a blue awning. It had a cardboard box under it with some blankets covering an old man with a full beard of grey hair. Rusty bowed his head down and placed the taco on the man's lap and laid down next to him. The old man sat up and tore a piece off of the taco and handed it to Rusty and ate the rest for himself. All this time, all these days, Rusty has been coming to get food for his owner, a homeless man living on the streets.

It must've been almost 4 months now and for the following days I decided to give Rusty two tacos; one for the man, and one for Rusty. Now that I knew that Rusty was more than just any ordinary street dog, I was excited to see him every day. I decided I would spice up the tacos a little bit and change them up. I put guacamole on some of them, some I put chicken; I decided I would try to make it different every day. I even made a special taco that the customers could order called "The Rusty Taco." It was basically a loaded taco with meat, guacamole, lettuce, and cheese. I decided I would let Rusty try it out one day so I gave him two. Every day, Rusty kept coming for his tacos, and the new customers loved to pet him when he arrived.

Well, except, one day... 2:30 p.m. arrived and there was no sign of Rusty. The regular customers were confused and I was extremely worried. I began thinking of the worst. I decided to close the shop early that day and I began to search for Rusty. I remembered the path that I had once followed Rusty down, so I continued down the streets calling for him. There was no sight of him, and people began to look at me like I was some lunatic. I began to run down the streets until I finally came upon it. I got to the awning where I previously saw the old man with Rusty. Rusty sat there letting out a slight wail, his head down on the ground next to the old man's cold lifeless body. People took out their umbrellas as it started to rain, passing his body, not even acknowledging the tragedy that has happened. In distraught, I decided to call 911 and tell them there was a body of a homeless man at the corner Silver St. under the blue awning.

I walked up to Rusty and hugged him. Tears started pouring from my eyes, not only for Rusty, but for the fact that no one cares enough to notice the calamity that has taken place. I sat under an umbrella with Rusty, and the coroners eventually arrived to take the body away. I didn't return to the taco truck that day. I decided I would take Rusty to my home and let him stay there. Rusty seemed to like it there; he got his own bed, he got to take baths, and he got tons of food. So, I decided I would adopt him permenantly. From then on, Rusty would wake me up everyday at 11:30 a.m. to get ready to work in the taco truck, and he would come along too! He became the mascot of the food truck and the customers loved him. And every day, at 2:30 p.m. while I was making tacos, he would remind me that it was time for him to have a little treat too.

The End

:tacos:

• Like 5
Edited by Insidious

• Content Count:  622

@Insidious... I loved the dialogue and message of the story. I can't believe you actually made an interesting story when the topic was: Pets with Tacos. Nice story bb!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread