? servers

? players online

GMOD Murder?

• Content Count:  6242

It has to do with ULX no longer supporting Sourcebans and we are not willing to go with 2 separate global ban/admin systems. This pretty much rules out any GMod server being a regular servers. I've said that if we want to do short term event servers like a MTG we could manually configure an admin system for select admins who knows how it works.

I've talked to a few old buddies of mine who used to run gmod servers and they said the support for SB went out when SG moved on to CSGO. If I remember right everytime GMod updated the admin would get fucked and take forever to get fixed. So my heart isn't broken.

• Content Count:  4441

It has to do with ULX no longer supporting Sourcebans and we are not willing to go with 2 separate global ban/admin systems. This pretty much rules out any GMod server being a regular servers. I've said that if we want to do short term event servers like a MTG we could manually configure an admin system for select admins who knows how it works.

I've talked to a few old buddies of mine who used to run gmod servers and they said the support for SB went out when SG moved on to CSGO. If I remember right everytime GMod updated the admin would get fucked and take forever to get fixed. So my heart isn't broken.

Our Source bans right now is SourceBans 1.5.2F.

If we update to use SourceBans++ 1.5.5.

Github here, I'm almost 100% sure it supports ULX.

Edited by All Ts
wow grammar again ecksdee

• Content Count:  6242

I'm almost 100% sure it supports ULX.

If you can point me to where you know that. I cannot find it. But again, its ULX connecting to Sourcebans, updating sourcebans won't fix the problem. Without getting too technical, ULX is Lua based, Sourcebans is SourceMod/MetaMod based. Gmod doesn't support SM or MM which is why you use ULX. In the past to make it work, someone wrote a ULX plugin that would interact with SourceBans like SourceMod does. Like I said, that support ended 2 years ago. It seemed like we were the last ones to have that kind of configuration.

If you can point me to where you know that. I cannot find it. But again, its ULX connecting to Sourcebans, updating sourcebans won't fix the problem. Without getting too technical, ULX is Lua based, Sourcebans is SourceMod/MetaMod based. Gmod doesn't support SM or MM which is why you use ULX. In the past to make it work, someone wrote a ULX plugin that would interact with SourceBans like SourceMod does. Like I said, that support ended 2 years ago. It seemed like we were the last ones to have that kind of configuration.

https://github.com/sbpp/sourcebans-pp/pull/140/files#diff-0cf151e927dd0fd4089d2c12f30a9b24

• Like 3

• Content Count:  6465

If they've integrated Sourcebans to ULX that's pretty baller, but even if they didn't, there's plugins that enable sourcebans connectivity. That's what Nishok and I had to do on our Gmod servers, and it worked fine, just is a bit of extra work to do.

If they've integrated Sourcebans to ULX that's pretty baller, but even if they didn't, there's plugins that enable sourcebans connectivity. That's what Nishok and I had to do on our Gmod servers, and it worked fine, just is a bit of extra work to do.

I guess you can call it intergration but all they've really done is make a ULX module for SB.

It's basically the same shit SG used to have, so probably what you and Nishok did aswell.

Reply to Thread