? servers

? players online

PlaysTV Client Forcing Watermark Into ALL Recorded Footage

• Content Count:  1612

This is a PSA for anyone using Plays.TV: There is bullshit on your screen, and you can't do anything about it.

For those who do not know: Plays.TV is a website owned and hosted by Raptr. They have released a client that

"...is the ultimate platform for gamers to record, replay and relive gaming highlights. It’s easy to create quality video content in no time, for your whole PC game library."
Where, they are not wrong, there is a catch. It allows most players, even with lower-end machines, to record gameplay footage at the expense of quality, and memory. The client is been riddled with bugs and glitches from the start, and updates are a "roll of the dice" if you are able to record content normally. Overall, the client is excellent for the player who wishes to record gameplay on a lower end machine, at the expense of quality.

The client allows you to upload your clips conveniently to their website, Plays.tv. The website isn't horrible, but it isn't polished either. The website is constantly riddled with bugs, that rarely allows a player to target any specific audience. (Except when they attempted to use a #hashtag system, which failed. Miserably.) However, the footage was stored normally on your machine, so you can easily post the clips to youtube, or another video hosting website. Because the Plays.tv website isn't the best place to watch or host videos, most users stuck with youtube.

Now, ALL recorded footage has a non-removable (from the plays.tv client) watermark. You cannot move it, you cannot edit it, it is stuck on all recorded footage.

Have some poorly cropped examples:

Before the most recent update:

After the most recent update:

1a65e6efec222d74e61c3a34ba8541a2.png

Unfortunately, this looks like the price to pay for a free recording client. I can't use other programs on my current machine without suffering framerate loss. I just hope that they give options to customize it somehow in a later update. I cannot sway myself to continue making compilations and memes with a watermark, and my shitty username.

If you use plays.tv, feel free to connect with me here.

If you guys have a suggestion for alternative recording software that won't break my frames, feel free to suggest. I refuse to use fraps, and OBS cannot record without compressing video quality. Feel free to post what you use to record your gameplay.

• Content Count:  1719

I mean if you have got one of them Nvidia graphics cards you could go with shadowplay, other than that there really aren't many options. I guess you could try out xsplit? Don't know how it is with frames, though.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  470

Shadowplay is the best if u got an Nvidia card. I get no performance or frame losses. Also, if u do decide to use shadow play, make sure u record at in game quality, and not 1080p, cause it looks weird when shadow play forces 1080p recording quality.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  152

If you really want an alternate with recording, you could always use the cs go demo system.

I reccommend recording demos like this:

record (year 01-99)_(month 01-12)_(day 01-31)_(time 01-24 AM/PM)_(gamemode mm,ze,ttt,etc.)_(servername sg,joinsg,etc)

So an example of this would be 17_02_12_19PM_jb_sg

This is good for sorting and demos can be the highest quality you want without taking up much space.

If you want to make videos out of your demos, type demoui into console to load your demo and use a program like OBS to record it (with highest settings in game).

It takes more effort than shadowplay but as an amd user, you dont get much options.

Edited by LargeAll
Horrible grammar

• Content Count:  539

Now, ALL recorded footage has a non-removable (from the plays.tv client) watermark. You cannot move it, you cannot edit it, it is stuck on all recorded footage.

It's been a while since this was posted but I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a way to remove the watermark and your plays.tv username from anything you record while using plays.tv. Also, if you do not want to discard it, it is also movable; but it is not stuck on all recorded footage from plays.tv. All you have to do is follow these three simple steps.

First: Log in and open your plays.tv client and click on the settings button at the top left of the client

j8fS4g9.png

Second: Make sure you are on the "Video" tab for settings preferences on the top left

3vMYTfb.png

Third: Scroll to the bottom of the page and uncheck "Enable watermark" and "Display Plays.tv username" to remove both of them (or edit it to how you would like it to be)

8ffcGNs.png

• Like 2

Reply to Thread