? servers

? players online

PC Upgrade Help

• Content Count:  1740

Are you saying that AMD is the way to go right now? When did this happen and why wasn't there a billboard about it??

Yes, the new Ryzen CPU's are better value price/performance wise. Where have you been these past couple of weeks?

Intel's most expensive consumer CPU, the i7-6950X is beaten by a Ryzen R7 1800x at almost everything but single core performance. But AMD has a lot better multi-core performance, which could come in handy in the near future, as a lot of games coule benefit from this.

It's been announced weeks ago. That's why Intel lowered their prices for their Kaby Lake CPU's. As they got scared that AMD would stomp em off their throne.

So, imho, AMD is the way to go now. As the i5-7600K doesn't even have hyperthreading. Which AMD does. That's why the 1600 has 6-cores and 12 threads and can be overclocked on every chipset, but the A chipset. Which Intel doesn't have, you can only overclock on a Z or X chipset.

@frosty

Anyways, not saying you should follow my advice. But AMD Ryzen is quite the beast and the better "futureproof" choice.

Edit:

Also I've been suggesting Ryzen builds, these past couple of weeks, for people (on other forums) with budgets from €700 all the way up to €2000, they all went with my advice and got the build I suggested and don't regret choosing it at all. They say their systems perform amazing, while gaming and most with gaming and even streaming at the same time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2206

Yes, the new Ryzen CPU's are better value price/performance wise. Where have you been these past couple of weeks?

Intel's most expensive consumer CPU, the i7-6950X is beaten by a Ryzen R7 1800x at almost everything but single core performance. But AMD has a lot better multi-core performance, which could come in handy in the near future, as a lot of games coule benefit from this.

It's been announced weeks ago. That's why Intel lowered their prices for their Kaby Lake CPU's. As they got scared that AMD would stomp em off their throne.

So, imho, AMD is the way to go now. As the i5-7600K doesn't even have hyperthreading. Which AMD does. That's why the 1600 has 6-cores and 12 threads and can be overclocked on every chipset, but the A chipset. Which Intel doesn't have, you can only overclock on a Z or X chipset.

@frosty

Anyways, not saying you should follow my advice. But AMD Ryzen is quite the beast and the better "futureproof" choice.

Edit:

Also I've been suggesting Ryzen builds, these past couple of weeks, for people (on other forums) with budgets from €700 all the way up to €2000, they all went with my advice and got the build I suggested and don't regret choosing it at all. They say their systems perform amazing, while gaming and most with gaming and even streaming at the same time.

Guess I know what I'll be upgrading in the near future.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3401

@frosty

Edit:

If I were to get a Ryzen processor, which would I get? Compared to the i5 7600k?

cheers

• Content Count:  2206

If I were to get a Ryzen processor, which would I get? Compared to the i5 7600k?

cheers

A Ryzen system would probably be the best choice for your budget. An i7 K SKU and Z270 mobo with RAM is going to set you back a lot more.

Something like this.

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/1044/8119030043.png

Aftermarket cooler is not necessary, the boxed Wraith Spire coolers are good enough.

@frosty This is what you would be looking at getting.

• Content Count:  1740

cheers

You should get the R5 1600. Which is a 6-core. But even the 1500x is still great, which is a Hyperthreaded quad core. I'd advice you to get the 1600, tho. They're almost the same price as the 7600K, but with a lot better performance.

So you'd be set for a long time if you went with the build that I posted before.

• Content Count:  3401

You should get the R5 1600. Which is a 6-core. But even the 1500x is still great, which is a Hyperthreaded quad core. I'd advice you to get the 1600, tho. They're almost the same price as the 7600K, but with a lot better performance.

So you'd be set for a long time if you went with the build that I posted before.

Thanks all, I'll most likely get the Ryzen build then :)

Reply to Thread