? servers

? players online

Is this admin abuse?

• Content Count:  122

So this one guy was actually mic spamming, and betteroffdead started to warn him, and that he would mute him if he continued. I then accidentally running jumping one tapped someone at the pool and he was a traitor, so I started to do a massive sigh because I felt bad. Then, betteroffdead muted the mic spammer AND me. He really didn't warn me, and plus even if he did, it should've been a normal mute, not a permanent fucking mute.

Now I've been playing so many rounds and I can't call KOS's, I'm fucked.

• Content Count:  678

You should ask him to be unmuted. He may have forgot he muted you.

Also, try to deal with these kinds of things in PMs. Calling people out is frowned upon around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  415

The problem with hardcore micspammers is that when we have people talking when the other guy is micspamming. We can't find out who it really is, so the best thing we could do is either mute all the people or mute 1 by 1. But this is TTT we are talking about, we can't really mute everyone since voice chat is widely used.

Moving onto your permanent mute, it's either a bug or you just didn't ask the guy to unmute you. We use the command /mute (playername) and it's supposed to be a "Temporary mute" that only last until you leave or until you get unmuted. But for some reason(In rare cases), it perma mutes some people and for other it doesn't. The only way we could unmute you is to unmute you while you're on the server with an admin.

This isn't really admin abuse. When there is someone micspamming, it's best to let go of your mic so we could find out who is causing all that noise. If you're holding down your mic while this is all happening, be expected to get muted. Plus you can just tell the admin to unmute you since it wasn't you. It's not like he banned you from the server, a mute is easily reversible.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread